I finally was able to see this, and I thought it was quite good. This was the Avengers sequel we deserved. Now they owe us a proper Cap movie, lol.

I dunno where everyone here stands on this, but for my money, Chris Evans as Captain American is the best portrayal of a comic book character on film. He's stellar and pitch perfect every time out, and never once do I doubt he isn't the character (unlike Downy, who sometimes I cannot help but see the actor and not Iron Man).

i just watched cap 1 and 2 again. Chris can carry that humbleness, sadness, selflessness, heck, loneliness, compassionate heroism, convincingly. Can't imagine anyone else but him to be cap. you can tell, his character is always thinking.

See I was actually referring to Starks side in the movie, not necessarily as a character preference. I could see both sides, but really agree with Stark.

Chris

Yes sir, so was I, but a lot of times those types of bias will play a role in what side of a debate you come in on. Hence my comment about agreeing more with Cap's point of view.

I finally was able to see this, and I thought it was quite good. This was the Avengers sequel we deserved. Now they owe us a proper Cap movie, lol.

I dunno where everyone here stands on this, but for my money, Chris Evans as Captain American is the best portrayal of a comic book character on film. He's stellar and pitch perfect every time out, and never once do I doubt he isn't the character (unlike Downy, who sometimes I cannot help but see the actor and not Iron Man).

Agree 100% about Chris Evans as Captain America, but I also see Robert Downey more as Tony Stark vs. the previously troubled actor.

i just watched cap 1 and 2 again. Chris can carry that humbleness, sadness, selflessness, heck, loneliness, compassionate heroism, convincingly. Can't imagine anyone else but him to be cap. you can tell, his character is always thinking.

Thinking, and thoughtful, to me he handles the subtle difference between the two very well - especially in Winter Soldier and Civil War.

-b.

I never liked Captain America in the comics but Chris Evans has made him one of my favorite super heroes ever.

Same.

Or, it certainly made me like Captain America, not sure if one of my favorites ever, but certainly one that I now care about.

I do have one criticism: the first third of the movie overdosed on shaky cam. It was very distracting at times.

Honestly couldn't tell.

Saw it in IMAX 3D in the one of the front rows (sitting in the front of the theatre was not my choice). Maybe I didn't notice or feel that way because I was too busy straining my damn neck trying to see the entire screen.

-b.

I do have one criticism: the first third of the movie overdosed on shaky cam. It was very distracting at times.

Yes, it was almost like the action scenes in the beginning were filmed by different people. The shaky came was out of place.

Partially Agree with Dukes comments about Chris Evans and Downey Jr. Evans has been that good and I think he's such an underrated actor. I think he doesn't get enough credit for how versatile he is. Very well rounded actor, can seemingly do anything on screen. In regards to RDJ,I think he's been equally as good as depicting Tony. I think its easy to not him enough credit for really bringing the character to life because he makes it look so easy. His personal life has mirrored Tony in some regards, and I think that has enabled him to come across as more genuine and not acting into character per se, but more in command of the material because he has literarily been to some of the same dark places that Tony has fallen to.

I think what I've liked most about this films and the actors in them, is that we have seen how the characters have personally evolved with each film outing. The Cap that we saw at the end of Captain America isn't the same person we see in Civil War. Ditto for Tony Stark.

The shaky cam stuff at the beginning wasn't very good. Been there done that, and has been done better, so it was a let down. Definitely the weakest action piece in the entire film.

Saw it in IMAX 3D in the one of the front rows (sitting in the front of the theatre was not my choice). Maybe I didn't notice or feel that way because I was too busy straining my damn neck trying to see the entire screen.

-b.

Me too. I sat too close to the IMAX screen and got too dizzy combined with the 3D. I ran out the next day to see it again in 2D. But the great thing was i was close enough when Kevin Feige and the Russo Brothers dropped by... :lol:

post-151-0-03404200-1463210106_thumb.jpepost-151-0-77369700-1463210120_thumb.jpepost-151-0-27254700-1463210135_thumb.jpe

Saw it on Tuesday. Enjoyed it far more than BvS, as expected. A few disappointments, though:

- Nobody died. I expected Cap to go the way of the dodo, and Winter Soldier/Falcon to take up the shield.

- Tied into above, despite the clash of ideas, it doesn't feel like anything of consequence happened. Cap disappears, the Avengers are no more, Rhodey is severely injured... except Cap comes back, the Avengers are reassembled (apparently based in Wakanda now), Rhodey's injuries are mitigated with more Iron Manning. There's lots of setup for future conflict and future struggles, but nothing immediately important happens as a result of this supposed civil war.

But really, it's just another above-average MCU movie, and the average MCU movie is already above average, so... yeah.

It took Spider-Man going back to its roots in order to be exciting again. For the first time in nearly ten years, I'm excited for an upcoming Spider-Man movie.

They got the Tobey Maguire groove back, which is what I've been suggesting they do for a while now...

Partially Agree with Dukes comments about Chris Evans and Downey Jr. Evans has been that good and I think he's such an underrated actor. I think he doesn't get enough credit for how versatile he is. Very well rounded actor, can seemingly do anything on screen. In regards to RDJ,I think he's been equally as good as depicting Tony. I think its easy to not him enough credit for really bringing the character to life because he makes it look so easy. His personal life has mirrored Tony in some regards, and I think that has enabled him to come across as more genuine and not acting into character per se, but more in command of the material because he has literarily been to some of the same dark places that Tony has fallen to.

I think what I've liked most about this films and the actors in them, is that we have seen how the characters have personally evolved with each film outing. The Cap that we saw at the end of Captain America isn't the same person we see in Civil War. Ditto for Tony Stark.

Well said. Of all the characters, these two have changed the most, esp Tony. In my mind, had the U.N. proposed bringing the Avengers under their control at the very beginning, Tony and Cap would have taken opposite stances. Tony's feeling the weight of the consequences of past actions, and I think RDJ channels that really well. He looks pained in some of those scenes. At this point, I can't imagine a better actor to play either role. After seeing his Johnny Storm, I was critical of Evan's choice to play Cap, thinking he wouldn't take it seriously, or at least come off as serious. I'm glad I was wrong; he plays the part with gravitas.

The way they portrayed Zemo was pretty far off from the megalomaniac from the cartoon (never read the comics), but so far as his motivation, I think it served the film far better the way they did it. He's a smart guy with a serious axe to grind, and it made for a good jumping off point to evolve his character further.

T'challa was awesome. I loved his character in the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon from a few years back-thoughtful, philosophical, and deliberate, and nearly always in control of his emotions. So far I get the same feel from Boseman's portrayal. Despite his anger and desire for vengeance, in the end, he took the high road-twice.

Edited by M'Kyuun

It would be nice if they made this pack : Ironman, Spidy & Aunt May :) .

Rule 34 says there's probably already a video of that floating around somewhere. :p

ed: can't wait to see this one in the theater. Settled for BvsS on TV; don't want to make the same concession with this one.

Edited by reddsun1

Guest davidwhangchoi

edit: i found thread and threw it in

Duke, A7 or someone make a new thread:

sorry old news :(

Edited by davidwhangchoi