Tomorrowland

First teaser for Disney's new movie starring Britt Robertson, George Clooney, Judy Greer, Hugh Laurie and others, directed by Brad Bird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1k59gXTWf-A

Looks promising, for the most part I like Brad Bird's work so I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

-b.

• 4 months later...

Best Bioshock trailer I've ever seen :)

Seriously, I have faith in Brad Bird. Unlike some more recent filmmakers, Bird has proved himself time and again with each of his projects. I'll be seeing "Tomorrowland" for sure.

Edited by Mr March

• 1 month later...

Ok, I really forget about this movie...

New trailer!

"George Clooney plays a former child genius who embarks on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in space and time."

Ok... And I'm a former Timelord...

Edited by Old_Nash

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the new "Tomorrowland" trailer opening for Avengers: Age of Ultron. Looks even better than the first. I really am charmed by Brad Bird's love affair with 1940-1950 era science fiction. He takes that aesthetic, updates/reimagines it and then infuses it with modern sensibilities and relevant topical stories. It works so well in his other films and he again looks to have another interesting tale to tell here. Impressed so far.

• 3 weeks later...

To answer my question, it was indeed Mr. Garry Chalk. Cool to see him, even in a small part.

I thought the movie was cool...a fun ride throughout. The visuals of Tomorrowland were awesome, inspiring, and bittersweet. Brad Bird did a great job portraying the future as we hoped it'd be thru the 60's and 70's and even today, and made it come alive onscreen in such a way that I ached for it. Of course there's social commentary driving the film, but there's also a message of hope, and that's what I liked about it as well. It's obtainable. Some great visuals of mecha and other cool toys throughout....it's utopia for nerds. Just ike a store featured in the film.

While Clooney, Robertson, and Laurie played their parts well, the character of Athena, played by Raffey Cassidy, really stood out. Thomas Robinson, who played young George Clooney, did a great job, too. Anyway, Brad Bird fans, and fans of anachronistic, steampunk, and future tech will enjoy the visuals. Good flick, recommended. Also, pretty kid friendly...mild language and tame violence.