22 hours ago, Fortress_Maximus said:

Saw it and really enjoyed it.  Just wondering did anyone else understand the background of the Man who sits Higher than the hightable?  Who is this mysterious person? And why did he alone have the power to help Wick? And now that Wick betrayed his oath wouldn't that also place him on his hitlist?

Spoiler

Personally, I think the movie could had done without that, I mean, all the effort Wick done, was wasted by a simple and short reasoning from Winston

I just saw it, liked it a lot, I really enjoyed some insight into Wick’s past and I REALLY liked Mark Dacaso’s character of Zero being a Wick fanboy. 

One thing I DIDN'T like is more of the background workings of the High Table being shown. It was cool, was nifty, but it’s almost too much bureaucracy now. 

Edited by Sildani

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 12:41 PM, Sildani said:

I just saw it, liked it a lot, I really enjoyed some insight into Wick’s past and I REALLY liked Mark Dacaso’s character of Zero being a Wick fanboy. 

One thing I DIDN'T like is more of the background workings of the High Table being shown. It was cool, was nifty, but it’s almost too much bureaucracy now. 

Finally got around to seeing this the other day.  I think you're right, the High Table stuff is starting to get annoying.  You would imagine that there was a bunch of guys sitting around and debating rules and stuff.  Because at some point, John Wick would just say, screw it, I'm going to kill the entire High Table, and the man above.  If he killed enough of the High Table, I wonder if it would matter to the rest.  Also, I found this whole killing a member of the High Table thing to be a little odd, because Santonio technically ordered the killing of a member of the High Table, but there isn't any repercussions there.  Anyway, too much quibble on minor details like this.  Good popcorn flick, although some of the fight scenes are getting a little stale.

the part that I found hilarious was when:

Wick spared two of Zero's henchmen, as a professional courtesy for them not slaughtering him early on.  Might be too much to ask, but hope those guys make it back into the next movie.

I wonder if the next movie will be about Wick getting his ring back.  

[\spoiler]

John will probably have his severed finger replaced with “a f#^*+n’ PENCIL!”

Yeah, I too liked that John showed a sign of respect to the Raid guys.

For JW4; I can only hope that they bring in Carrie-Ann, and Hugo.  In terms of another Zero type character, I think they need to up the stakes a bit more.  May be Iko Uwais, he is another Raid alumn, and certainly one for can bring credibility to the martial arts portion of things.

I also hope that

they don't bring back Hally Berry, she was a transitory character in the JW verse, a good one, but to pull her back would be too contrived.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...