Ditto, and I'm a huge X-men fan. Don't care for Apocalypse look. I get that they are only several weeks into shooting, but it looks more off than right. Seems like they are also changing his powers to include manipulation or coercion. Fox loves to amalgamate their villains. Lets merge Apocalypse with the shadow king.

Magneto's line also seemed out of character.

Definitely looks interesting. For me, Singer has yet to put out a bad X-Men film, so I'm definitely willing to give this new one a chance. They are definitely going to an interesting place with the characters and especially the use of Apocalypse. The idea of the cult of personality is always fertile ground for drama, but just the idea of a world reordering is timely given the problems our own nations have been facing. I think Apocalypse will really play on that seduction because a reordering of the world is what a lot of folks are feeling. And whether it turns out to be a good film or bad, Oscar Isaac is going to nail the role, like has been with everything else.

Edited by Mr March

Munn's costume isn't bad, but I'm not buying her as Psylocke. Magneto's costume is too busy. As for Apocalypse, if someone didn't tell me that it was him I'd have never guessed. He looks like a Star Trek alien of the week wearing a costume swiped from Stargate.

Iron man looking armor on ALL THE THINGS!!!!

Apoc looks silly. His Jaw just isn't nearly big enough. Hate to say it but he does look like a power range baddie:

Mighty_Morphin_Power_Rangers_The_Movie_1

R2pucBw.jpg

Bad bad bad.

He is so dissapoint with himself:

1apocalypsefinal.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Iron man looking armor on ALL THE THINGS!!!!

Apoc looks silly. His Jaw just isn't nearly big enough. Hate to say it but he does look like a power range baddie:

Mighty_Morphin_Power_Rangers_The_Movie_1

R2pucBw.jpg

Bad bad bad.

He is so dissapoint with himself:

1apocalypsefinal.jpg

Fox and Lions Gate Power Rangers The Movie

11752460_877388032315475_921480831045190

The suit isn't bad. There's a certain Stargate-Egyptian thing going on which plays on Apocalypse's Egyptian reign where he was practically a god. The pic with Psylocke and Storm is way too bright as other pics show the suit darker. But then we get to the head and face. That needs some work. Less blue, more gray. In fact, that light blue from Days of Future Past was perfect. Some lines on his face would have also helped.

He still looks like a Stargate villains of the week. I don't mind the suit, its the head and face I object to. Not to mention that his skin tone is nearly identical to his suit. Very subtle contrast. I hope he retains his shape/size altering abilities.

Psylocke and Storm look awesome btw.

How in the world are the X-men going to beat a team consisting of Apocalypse, Magneto, Storm (who's going to become an X-men), Psylocke and Archangel? Especially when the team mainly consist of teenage versions of the X-men with Beast.

Edited by Golden Arms

Crop of the original image:

ew-071515-x-men-01a.jpg

You can see the prosthetics on Issac's face to give him that Apocalypse-look. Still doesn't change the fact they made his skin tone too dark and didn't break-up the suit's colors.

Cool close up. I agree that his face should've been more gray and less blue. You can see the mouth scars, and he still retained some of the tubes coming out of his costume. In the other pic, you can see Psylocke carrying her katana on her back, and her suit appears to have some armor to it.

Hope the origin has character depth and explains how he got the big "A" belt buckle.

His name starts with an "A" and he wants everyone to know it, because he's just that kind of guy. What more is there to explain?

I think X2 is still the best X-Men movie. It seems like they have this need to revisit past time periods with these movies. I guess it's ok. I wasn't crazy about the last two. I didn't feel like I need to own them like I did with X2. I'm not expecting much with this next one. I would be more excited if there was a deal like with Spider-Man to get all these characters in the same universe.

I wish Olivia Munn wasn't Psylocke though. It seems like the geek thing she had going finally paid off. I remember when she was supposed to be in a bigger role in Iron Man 2. That was a relief. But now she's playing Psylocke and I bet she has more than a cameo appearance. She looks the part in those pictures I guess and she's pretty. But Psylocke should be more fit. She could have tried to train with whoever helped Hugh Jackman. Anyway, now we'll see how good her acting skills really are in something she's supposed to like. From what I've seen I don't think she's anywhere near as good as Jennifer Lawrence.

Edited by JetJockey

Perhaps. I have saved on VHS the two part X-Men Evolution Apocalypse episode that I'm sure will be better than this movie. In fact I think X-Men Evolution is better as a whole than the X-Men movies so far.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Minor changes make huge improvement:

Mebbe they plan to do something similar with Apocalypse using post-production CG? I always liked punk-rocker Storm. Mmm, sexy.

ed: Meh. Still don't really like these movies all that much. Wish Marvel Studios could have gotten the rights (copyrights, distribution, whatever all that legal bruh hah hah is) back and taken the helm.

Edited by reddsun1