Ordering to 'Studio starforge' is available?

Sunghwa Cho

Hello. everyone.

Is there anyone who sent order 'Studio starforge' (http://www.studiostarforge.com/) recently?

As you know, there are excellent pilot figures for 1/72 valkires, however, it hasn't updated since last Jan.

I left messages to Admin several times, but no answers from him.(or her)

Of course, I know one of MW member(PetarB) is the owner of studiostarforge.

I already sent out PM a week ago, but he hasn;t read.

So I'm not sure ordering to studio starforge is available or not.

Please let me know any idea.

Thank you.

• 1 year later...

That's a real bummer that he took some people's money after being a seemingly straight shooter and forum member for several years. Minor in the grand scheme of things, but it's also unfortunate that his Macross pilot sets are no long available too. I would have loved to have a few of those. I want to model a few VF-1s with the early flight suit (as it's described in the Master File), and female pilots would add some great variety too.

• 3 months later...

Its gone and hes not returning the money unfortunately. I had the guys at Starship Modeller remove the links to the site.

With these pilot sets no longer available, is there any way to convince Hasegawa to sell their 1/72 VF-1 TV pilots (and maybe others) separately? I'd love to be able to buy them without being limited to one extra pilot per Gerwalk kit through their parts purchase system (which Jefuemon has been valiantly helping us with). I have at least a dozen kits that need pilots, and while I appreciate the DYRL pilots being available with the weapons set, I'd like to have access to more of the TV pilots. I'd also like to use parts from them (i.e. heads) to modify conventional pilot figures to represent Macross crew members on the ground, inspecting aircraft, etc.

Does anyone have contact with Hasegawa that could pass along the suggestion? At the very least, it would be great if they could start including pilots with their 1/72 fighter kits in future releases. I'm used to U.S. hobby manufacturers that have online suggestion forms and contacts in the modeling community to pass these ideas through.

Come to think of it, it would be great to be able to buy a few extra Wave Destroid pilots too...

Edited by VF-1A Grunt

I actually stayed away from selling mine so to not step on petarb"s toes. I have my model from the Lancer. I'll check on prices with my recaster. I'm not sure I can match his but shipping within the Us would probably even it out.

Count me in on the first batch of pilots, of both styles!

Are the Rabbit flight suits at all similar to Misa's SDFM suit? It looks like the helmets may be similar, but not the suits (having trouble finding Rabbit suit images online), kind of like the Valkyrie helmets in the two versions.

Edited by VF-1A Grunt

No. The Rabbit suits are new designs for the movie only. The Mars Base Suit is more like the SDFM pilot suits but different detail. The helmet is also.

Do it..... you know you want too....

I'll have prices by the early next week. I'll also see what else I can put into the set to make it worth it. I guess I have to make those DYRL pilots too... lol.

If you're taking requests for future projects, it would be awesome to have a VF-1 pilot configured to be climbing a ladder into the aircraft. Maybe with the legs in a climbing stance but the arms separate so they could be positioned for the specific ladder the modeler is using. Or if someone wanted to add the built-in ladder in the lower right image in the line art:

http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/vf-1a-valkyrie/vf-1-fighter-machinery.gif

Just a suggestion - I know you can't just whip up every variation that people might want.

Anything Valkyrie or Destroid pilot or ground crew related... different poses, turned heads with visors up, thumbs up arms, waving arms, saluting arms etc.

I'll have prices by the early next week. I'll also see what else I can put into the set to make it worth it. I guess I have to make those DYRL pilots too... lol.

Hey Exo. Any chance of including 1/60 Hikaru on his VF-4 Flashback 2012 pilot suit? Just the right size for VF-4G cockpit so it won't shake during 'swooshing' like the default figure. ;) TIA!

Edited by no3ljm

No. The Rabbit suits are new designs for the movie only. The Mars Base Suit is more like the SDFM pilot suits but different detail. The helmet is also.

giphy.gif

Will there be female pilots in the set?

Edited by Kelsain

I'd personally like to have 1/72 SDFM pilots since they aren't available separately from Hasegawa, whereas the DYRL pilots come with the weapons set. I like the mix that Studio Forge offered with the helmets both sealed for space flight and open for atmospheric, if I remember correctly, and also both male and female pilots. Ideally, I'd like to have pilots and ground crew members with helmets off for an Earth-based setting, as well as the space flight deck crews from the Prometheus scenes. As NZEOD said, crew checking under / around aircraft would be awesome (like the Hasegawa ground crew sets) and pilots checking aircraft / weapons and climbing into cockpit. I would then suggest offering the same thing for DYRL, but primarily space based, so closed helmets for pilots and ground crew. Maybe less of a need for ground crew climbing around aircraft, because you might be able to use the same ones for both SDFM and DYRL with the assumption that they're doing it inside a sealed hanger in DYRL without helmets (don't think that was portrayed in the movie). I would suggest 8-10 of each type of figure per set. E.g. maybe six male and two female pilots in a set, then a similar set of pilots on the ground without helmets, and a set of 10 ground crew members. Thanks for entertaining the suggestions!

I already have the SDFM pilots modeled work and without helmets. I have 6 ground crews done with helmets on. Maybe I can get 4 more done without for below deck purposes... The on deck crew still have their helmets on IIRC...

What would be ideal sets? SDF & DYRL? Maybe we need a new thread with a poll... Lol.

New Thread time

I'd personally like to have 1/72 SDFM pilots since they aren't available separately from Hasegawa, whereas the DYRL pilots come with the weapons set. I like the mix that Studio Forge offered with the helmets both sealed for space flight and open for atmospheric, if I remember correctly, and also both male and female pilots. Ideally, I'd like to have pilots and ground crew members with helmets off for an Earth-based setting, as well as the space flight deck crews from the Prometheus scenes. As NZEOD said, crew checking under / around aircraft would be awesome (like the Hasegawa ground crew sets) and pilots checking aircraft / weapons and climbing into cockpit. I would then suggest offering the same thing for DYRL, but primarily space based, so closed helmets for pilots and ground crew. Maybe less of a need for ground crew climbing around aircraft, because you might be able to use the same ones for both SDFM and DYRL with the assumption that they're doing it inside a sealed hanger in DYRL without helmets (don't think that was portrayed in the movie). I would suggest 8-10 of each type of figure per set. E.g. maybe six male and two female pilots in a set, then a similar set of pilots on the ground without helmets, and a set of 10 ground crew members. Thanks for entertaining the suggestions!

definitely need the wave, salute and turned heads as they are launched

Pilots with poses? THUMBS UP and SALUTES?!

I'm in!!

I'd like both DYRL and SDFM if that's the plan, but I'll probably pick up a couple sets of whatever gets made.

good 1/72 pilots/ground-crew MADE for Macross? Shut-up-and-take-my-money-628.jpg