https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/under-the-dog

post-5492-0-04462500-1409880322_thumb.jpg

As of an hour ago, Under the Dog met its goal! :D

I guess this should have its own thread now, eh?

I'm excited about the turn around. Last week was looking iffy, but I have to hand it to this team, they did not falter. And their core ideas seem to be resonating with the anime community now in the final hours. Everything raised from this point until Sunday will be a sweet bonus.

I'm glad I backed this. I hope that it can open the doors for some other screenwiters/directors that might want to do a project that is not considered "safe" by the classic anime production consortiums.

It's gotten over 100 grand more than the goal with almost 43 hours to go.

Edit: 878 thousand with over 12,000 backers was the final tally. A big success by any measure. They're now opening up on Paypal too to see if they reach their secondary objectives. I've been hearing that Netflix and Crunchyroll are interested in this too.

Edited by Marzan

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad I backed this. I hope that it can open the doors for some other screenwiters/directors that might want to do a project that is not considered "safe" by the classic anime production consortiums.

It's gotten over 100 grand more than the goal with almost 43 hours to go.

Edit: 878 thousand with over 12,000 backers was the final tally. A big success by any measure. They're now opening up on Paypal too to see if they reach their secondary objectives. I've been hearing that Netflix and Crunchyroll are interested in this too.

That would be sweet if Crunchyroll or Netflix backed this- we all saw how successful Knights of Sidonia was. I'm stoked I backed this; I almost didn't because I get iffy about production KickStarters, except for Reading Rainbow.

I'm digging how involved the backer email updates are. It's comforting to see how transparent and honest they are being about the production.