Destroid Tomahawk WIP

3D-Brainx

Hello all,

I'm starting a new thread to keep think apart and have a proper thread title. I'll post here the progress on the Destroid Tomahawk.

Modeling is about half way done. I'll provably take a break before texturing to finish the YF-21, bur, here's what I have so far.

post-14893-0-46206800-1409604214_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-60135800-1409604218_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-74611600-1409604222_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-75422800-1409604226_thumb.jpg

Hello! Thanks for the comments!

The only part I modified was the head. It's in between the blueprints and Yamato's toy.

So, question to you guys. Which color scheme you like the most? I used to think the green one, but now that I'm testing materials, I'm not so sure.

Yamato made both in 1/60 scale. They called them Tan and Olive green. As I said, looking at they toys I like more the green one, I think there is more contrast between the colors. But after testing materials in 3D I'm not so sure. I guess I can do both, it would be just changing the base color.

Hello Guys!

I'm done modeling. I might add some more details as I start with materials and textures, but the basics are done.

attachicon.gifTomahawk_Test_10.jpg

attachicon.gifTomahawk_Test_11.jpg

attachicon.gifTomahawk_Test_12.jpg

attachicon.gifTomahawk_Test_13.jpg

I think I speak for everyone when I say im looking forward to seeing this beauty wrapped in some nice textures! keep up the great work!

Hello, Guys!

I´m at the studio now, but I have an image of the green Tomahawk, not sure from which book it is though. I'll upload it once home.

As for thr progress, I'm testing materials, this is what I have so far. I'll like to play a little more with a few things. I'll add some more decals and test some more materials.

post-14893-0-23435700-1412256666_thumb.jpg

There is a symbol inside that yellow triangle at the front of the cannon, but I can´t make out what it is from the art I have. If some knows or has an image, please let me know.

@Milkautico: No lo tengo en la lista de los "nunca". Pero ya sabes, si viene, va a ser despues varios otros.

What I have just shows the markings as "L" or "R" on their respective sides. I guess destroid pilots and ground crew have trouble telling left from right.

Thanks a lot! I was looking for something like that! Anyone knows what the D-M-P stands for on the first 3 decals?

• 2 weeks later...

I really hate models that depict weathering and wear on the corners and edges of the mecha; it looks too realistic and detailed. I also hate the subdued colors and accurate lighting effects; it makes me think this mecha is a real robot. I think you're really going in the wrong direction with this model. I hate renders that look too good. ;):p