New from Hasegawa 1/48 Weapons and 1/72Gerwalk

Jefuemon

• 2 weeks later...

Just billed by HLJ for this: seriously wished I'd ordered two!

Hobby Search have the sprue shots here:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10289602

Hmm, pilot is it's own sprue, and I've got a VF-1S kit that I'm not going to be doing anything with now. TV Roy time?

after to see the instruction from Hobby Search, I have the following conclusions:

1.- we don't have a TV version cockpit. and I have to say it, I'm very dissapointed with this.

2.- there are not a new sculpt for the nose, they use the fighter sprue

3.- heads are from fighter version

4.- arms, hands and gunpod are from battroid

and also I have some questions:

1.- there are some pieces from the stand that are not for use...for what are they? for other not-Macross kits?

2.- for what the hell they made the parts GA-3 and GA-4? may be they have plans for a future Super/Strike Gerwalk?

Edited by cool8or

Looking at the new vs old parts, it doesn't seem like it's compatible out of the box with the VF-1D parts (the lower section of the body for the Gerwalk is new), but it doesn't look like it would be too difficult to modify it to fit.

So who'll be the first to attempt that? :D

So are we looking at a hand full of new parts that just join the otherwise used parts in the kit bash of the battroid and fighter that a lot of people on here have made.

So one could have just had a small parts kit and add two already available kits and eh voila !! Gerwalk

after to see the instruction from Hobby Search, I have the following conclusions:

1.- we don't have a TV version cockpit. and I have to say it, I'm very dissapointed with this.

2.- there are not a new sculpt for the nose, they use the fighter sprue

3.- heads are from fighter version

4.- arms, hands and gunpod are from battroid

and also I have some questions:

1.- there are some pieces from the stand that are not for use...for what are they? for other not-Macross kits?

2.- for what the hell they made the parts GA-3 and GA-4? may be they have plans for a future Super/Strike Gerwalk?

I'm sure about that, Hasegawa will release news versions like all previous models, I'll buy at least 3 gerwalks and hope news ones arrives soon ! Good lord, Strike Gerwalk !!!! :D:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

That's awesome, and one of the fastest builds of a new kit, I would not be surprised if anticipated the parts breakdown and got a head start using a super battroid and super fighter kit for the armor/legs/arms etc. Then just finish up the parts from the new sprues.

I do love the new gerwalk kit

That's awesome, and one of the fastest builds of a new kit, I would not be surprised if anticipated the parts breakdown and got a head start using a super battroid and super fighter kit for the armor/legs/arms etc. Then just finish up the parts from the new sprues.

I do love the new gerwalk kit

I was thinking that too.

Wow, great weathering job!!! ... for armor maybe or maybe it was found in the bottom of the ocean? Really hard to do that though, I'd love to learn how for some of the really dirty Tomcats in the final days.

• 1 month later...