Let's vote for the next Arcadia PT toy....again!!!&#33

jvmacross

Vote for the next Arcadia PT toy....again!   

219 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next Arcadia PT toy!

• VF-2SS Valkyrie II SAP
    • VA-1SS Metal Siren
    • VF-5000
    • VF-3000
    • VF-17T
    • VF-11MAXL
    • VF-14 (Macross Plus/M7)
    • VF-14 (M3)
    • VF-9
    • VA-3
    • Fz-109
    • TV SDF-1
    • Battle 7
    • Destroid Phalanx
    • Destroid Spartan
    • VF-2J
    • Regult 1/60 completed toy
  2. 2. OK...what the heck....if Arcadia said to heck with bankruptcy and went for 2 new molds a year...what is your second pick?

• VF-2SS Valkyrie II SAP
    • VA-1SS Metal Siren
    • VF-5000
    • VF-3000
    • VF-17T
    • VF-11MAXL
    • VF-14 (Macross Plus/M7)
    • VF-14 (M3)
    • VF-9
    • VA-3
    • Fz-109
    • TV SDF-1
    • Battle 7
    • Destroid Phalanx
    • Destroid Spartan
    • VF-2J
    • Regult 1/60 completed toy

I voted VF-2SS Valkyrie II. All the major Macross transforming valkyries have gone through multiple toy interations, whether with one manufacturer or multiple manufacturers. Hell, we even got a transformable VF-4 Lightning III. It's well past time the flagship hero valkyrie of Macross II was given some modern transforming toy love. I don't care that it's not a Kawamori design, I don't care if Macross II is the bastard child and I don't care that'd I'd probably not even buy it; enough people like it and it's time to see it. The fact that a hero valkyrie like the VF-2SS has been ignored this long is ridiculous. Its moment is now. Make it happen Arcadia.

They never listen to us.

But yeah give us some macross 2 love.

And do variable glaug. It's not like there is anything else left to do apart from revisiting vf-1 again. Bandai has all the new shows covered.

There's no lack of VF-4 schemes, they just need to start making them! Max and Milia is always an option for any "pre-Frontier" valk, and there's plenty of F-14-inspired quasi-canon schemes that look cool (just like the VF-1).

It's Yamacadia's own fault it's a "single-scheme mold" at this point... FB2012 license issue? Fine. But I doubt the various books/chronicles/games all have the same issue.

They never listen to us.

But yeah give us some macross 2 love.

And do variable glaug. It's not like there is anything else left to do apart from revisiting vf-1 again. Bandai has all the new shows covered.

I agree with you entirely. But IMO, the toy companies like Bandai/Arcadia and Big West/Kawamori really have no excuses at this point to ignore us.

I can understand the past tendency to treat Macross II differently (a nice way of saying they ignore Macross II) when so much of the regular Macross continuity was not covered/exploited/merchandised. A decade ago, Macross was in a different place and a lot of the products we now take for granted (blu-ray releases of all the animated shows, the Yamato/Arcadia toys, the Bandai toys, the Macross Chronicle, the Master File Books series, etc) were not yet realized. Priorities were made. They have a business to run, they chose what they believed would sell the best, blah, blah, blah...

HOWEVER...now we have all this; we have toys of valkyries we never thought were possible, we have high def releases of everything, the Macross Chronicle and Master FIles have documented the franchise AND...Macross II just came out on blu-ray. Now is the time for a VF-2SS Valkyrie II. It needs to happen. It should happen. I will not accept any excuse for why it isn't happening.

I agree with you entirely. But IMO, the toy companies like Bandai/Arcadia and Big West/Kawamori really have no excuses at this point to ignore us.

I can understand the past tendency to treat Macross II differently (a nice way of saying they ignore Macross II) when so much of the regular Macross continuity was not covered/exploited/merchandised. A decade ago, Macross was in a different place and a lot of the products we now take for granted (blu-ray releases of all the animated shows, the Yamato/Arcadia toys, the Bandai toys, the Macross Chronicle, the Master File Books series, etc) were not yet realized. Priorities were made. They have a business to run, they chose what they believed would sell the best, blah, blah, blah...

HOWEVER...now we have all this; we have toys of valkyries we never thought were possible, we have high def releases of everything, the Macross Chronicle and Master FIles have documented the franchise AND...Macross II just came out on blu-ray. Now is the time for a VF-2SS Valkyrie II. It needs to happen. It should happen. I will not accept any excuse for why it isn't happening.

I wonder how well that Macross II BR is selling.

I wonder what this poll would look like if it was actually conducted among fans over in japan. Then again, the VF-2SS actually did make it in the top 10 most popular valkyries when they did their facebook poll a year or two back, so maybe it wouldn't actually be that different.

I voted for the VF-2SS. The only problem with this Valkyrie is its size. It is just too small for such an advanced Valkyrie. :(

Second vote goes to the VF-11MAXL (and the VF-17T) because Sound Force.

I voted for the VF-2SS. The only problem with this Valkyrie is its size. It is just too small for such an advanced Valkyrie. :(

Second vote goes to the VF-11MAXL (and the VF-17T) because Sound Force.

Small as in Arcadia can't get all it's details down or it's small in the series. I can't tell but usually as technology developes things get smaller and more compact. Look at cellphones

Small as in Arcadia can't get all it's details down or it's small in the series. I can't tell but usually as technology developes things get smaller and more compact. Look at cellphones

Small in its size. In Battroid-Mode it is only 14 meters high. As a comment I have to say that my Motorola Razr V3 is much smaller than all the smartphones I see in stores. :p

I always kind of worked out in my head that the smaller size might just be a result of peacetime cost cutting. It's a nice simple explanation that works well enough for me to shrug off any technical inconsistencies and just enjoy it as a super-future revisit of the VF-1. But I'm also crazy enough to want to close my eyes and pretend it's all one timeline, so whatever.

At this point it's the one Valkyrie that I care enough to drop everything to preorder on the spot, and even my GF is aware and resigned to this fact.

Voted for VF-2SS SAP, just in case Arcadia or "Others" are listening!!! It can be smaller scale even, like 1/100 if you find the 1/60th too risky, but just make it, and WITH the armor / fps!!!

Honestly, I personally want it EVEN if it doesn't transform and just in batroid mode!!! just saying... I want it

Edited by Arthurius

Voted for VF-2SS SAP, just in case Arcadia or "Others" are listening!!! It can be smaller scale even, like 1/100 if you find the 1/60th too risky, but just make it, and WITH the armor / fps!!!

Considering how quickly every 1/100 scale line has been cancelled, I'd almost say that's the riskier bet at this point. 1/60 forever!

Looking at the line art of the VF-2SS on M3 i just imagine how much fun it would be playing with one that has all the gimmicks. Railguns popping out left and right of the packs and there are missile ports and giant BFGs that swivel around. I would definitely buy all the four color variants of this toy posted earlier in this thread. :D

What I would like to see is a possible re-issue of Yamato's Queadluun Rau, or a whole new sculpt that had a little bit more posable pilots! And it would be awesome if the did the original T.V colors and Chlore's colors with the correct pilot suits!

• 2 months later...

Well, I was getting frustrated with Arcadia's releases aside from the zero VF-0D, I want more !!

I would love Arcadia to release a VF-4G with super parts....so Tweeted my thoughts (in Japanese or Japaglish )to Mr K.....

Was not expecting much to be honest...BUT..guess what? He replied ! LOL. Seems they do listen to their fans!

本当にありがとうございました MrK.

It would be awesome to see some 1/60 or 1/48 Glaug, or Regult. I want something to have pew pew battles with my Yammies damnit! More capital ships would be awesome too, but I know they aren't as popular in general. But I like em! :). Come on 1/48 SDF-1!!! I can put it in my garage.

Bwahaha! Yeah, everything he said! XD

Not too sure why their releases are so far and few. Must be because they do not want to end up like Yamato, with too much choice, series and releases. Fans could choose what to get.Too many items ended up being sold for peanuts as no one wanted them. Now, well, fans will get whatever they release as there is not that much to choose from.

Pretty sure that's a valid explanation when it comes to their scheduled/future releases and overall marketing as far as Macross is concerned. I mean, just looking at their web page, you can see that they are now only focused on a few things at a time.

Actually, that's why I contacted them via Twitter, I have repeatedly tried to contact them via their site, but does not work from outside Japan. ( even when I used my Japanese address, email, phone number etc).

As far a Vf-4g with fast packs, well, it never appeared in the game with any attachments or anywhere else for that matter. But it would make for a great piece imo. Not only that, but they could also change the colour scheme from the first release to something unique.

Wouldn't you guys go for it if it was announced let's say at about 35000-40000 ¥ ? Expensive it would be as the Vf-4G has a lot of die-cast and intricate build, more costly to produce than your average 1/60, add the super parts, its bound to be expensive. Although they could sell the parts separately, for people who already own a Vf-4G, that would bring the price down considerably.

I mean in the Yamato days, I purchased so many different things, from Votoms to Garland, Patlabor, their great Gnu-Dou line. Which was imo much better than fugly Revoltechs. (In my eyes Revoltech are just overpriced DX Gashapons, with a clever articulation gimmick, nothing more, hate the finish, proportions etc...). The GnuDou were great! That's how we ended up with the V2 1/60, just look at the GU-Dou versions, they have the same articulation, proportion etc. as the V2.

QC issues aside, they tried and brought us some great pieces.

Whatever, I'm rambling too much. Should not hold my breath regarding the 4G as it's highly unlikely to happen. Still,would love more variety and releases from Arcadia. And I sure hope that they expand their Macross repertory a bit (a lot!) more.(;_;).

Actually, the 4G is a fair point in one respect. It's the last of the animated leads to be released. Once the 1J with the armor is out that's it for every lead character variant from every animation except for the FB2012 VF-4. And, of course, Macross 2... but I'd expect a VF-4 re-issue long before they ever bothered with a 2SS mold.