Let's vote for the next Arcadia PT toy....again!!!&#33

jvmacross

Vote for the next Arcadia PT toy....again!   

219 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next Arcadia PT toy!

• VF-2SS Valkyrie II SAP
    • VA-1SS Metal Siren
    • VF-5000
    • VF-3000
    • VF-17T
    • VF-11MAXL
    • VF-14 (Macross Plus/M7)
    • VF-14 (M3)
    • VF-9
    • VA-3
    • Fz-109
    • TV SDF-1
    • Battle 7
    • Destroid Phalanx
    • Destroid Spartan
    • VF-2J
    • Regult 1/60 completed toy
  2. 2. OK...what the heck....if Arcadia said to heck with bankruptcy and went for 2 new molds a year...what is your second pick?

• VF-2SS Valkyrie II SAP
    • VA-1SS Metal Siren
    • VF-5000
    • VF-3000
    • VF-17T
    • VF-11MAXL
    • VF-14 (Macross Plus/M7)
    • VF-14 (M3)
    • VF-9
    • VA-3
    • Fz-109
    • TV SDF-1
    • Battle 7
    • Destroid Phalanx
    • Destroid Spartan
    • VF-2J
    • Regult 1/60 completed toy

I think that Yamato's VF-17S/D would be the best indicator of what can be done with a VF-14....of course, I am sure much has been learned about designing these toys by Yamato/Arcadia since then....

I am pretty confident that Arcadia could pull off a really nice compromise between all modes for a VF-14 (MacP/M7)......they have more of less achieved that with their VF/YF-19....

if you look at the "revised" VF-14 from M3....the design abandons the "brutish" (bulky?) look of the original Vampire design.....it would probably be more line accurate if selected, but personally...I prefer the Macross Plus/M7 version....

*snip*

Thanks jvmacross. That new Vampire drawings looks cool. Nice color scheme too. Well, if that's the case, I just hope that they should go back and try to fix YF-21/VF-22 first before commiting on doing other designs. Or they could just go these new valks as a testbed then if they found that it's doable and succesful after release then go back to YF-21/VF-22s. ^_^

Figure I'll post pics of my second choices (which aren't on the list :()since everyone else is doing it.

19ACTIVE:

image4234.jpg

That 19Active looks nice. Hope it has a CF color scheme. Military-esque grey with a hint of orange. ^_^

So far, combining all first and secondary votes, the VF-2SS is winning by a wide margin, with a tie between the SDF-1 and VF-5000 for second place.

I would buy any one of those three, honestly.

Edited by Mommar

I'm surprised there's no 'renewal YF-21' on the list. It offers repaints also in the M7 license. I'm fairly certain it won't happen but it seems like a more logical choice then most of the listed options. A V3 VF-1 is also probably more likely than a lot of the options on the list since VF-1 sales are a proven winner and there's lots of mold milking possibilities.

I know it's been said over and over again that MII is problematic and that they don't think it's profitable, but at this point every other series has had at least serviceable toys of their hero mechs, so frankly the only thing left I'd want to see is the VF-2SS.

I mean yeah, I'd love to see everything get made eventually, but not before the last hold out gets a modern toy interpretation. It's just kind of sad at this point that it still doesn't exist.

I'm surprised there's no 'renewal YF-21' on the list. It offers repaints also in the M7 license. I'm fairly certain it won't happen but it seems like a more logical choice then most of the listed options. A V3 VF-1 is also probably more likely than a lot of the options on the list since VF-1 sales are a proven winner and there's lots of mold milking possibilities.

Tired/bored with renewals....I'd rather see something new...never attempted before....done right....the first time....

As for "v3" VF-1...I think I'd rather see a DX VF-1 from Bandai...

Bandai will surely get the rights to produce 1/60-ish VF-whatevers for the upcoming show....which means Arcadia will need to start thinking how they will compete for our cash....once again...they will be in the position of only producing pt toys from older Macross shows, games, etc....however, I think now they realize that it can work as long as it is all "made to order"....add voting/fan picks....plus advanced paymemt...and they can't lose....

The VF-11's did look awesome, because they were actually red and blue. The VF-3000's were pink and periwinkle however...

Idealized versions of the M3 schemes look good in most cases (not the VF-4 however). But the ACTUAL M3 valk appearances look poor in most cases.

Well, if people would stop insisting that they have to use EXACTLY the color that was used in the source material, and just let them go with whatever close-enough-color looks good, we wouldn't have a problem. :rolleyes::p

How well would Milia -1J's sell if they were pink? :p

(my beef is with the game---they're the ones who should have known not to use pastel colors on the planes!)

I'd be all up for a "corrected" VF-3000 M&M scheme. I assume the game was wrong, and that M&M's VF-3000's were "really" red and blue like their other valks.

How well would Milia -1J's sell if they were pink? :p

when you put it that way :unsure: ...

I'd buy it. :p

:edit:

although it depends on what kind of pink we're talking about. If it's some sort of pale, orangy salmon color; no way; but if it's a crazy bright hot pink/magenta... :wub:

Edited by anime52k8

VF-3000 and VF-5000.

gotta agree here! the rest on the list just look too weird for me..

One I'd chose over them which isn't on the list would be the SV-52, only cos im steadily growing to really like the SV-51 (the "a" variant in particular) but the more refined SV-52 version would be a lot nicer! Has a kinda Firefox look about it!

Edited by spanner76

i'd want to put a glaug on there and a regult too..although they sort of did a regular already

Judging by the low vote counts for the destroids and Varauta....something like a Regult would not fare well either......I think people would buy them if made...but they are low priority and get easily bumped in favor of practically any VF variant....

With that said....I went ahead and added a Regult completed toy.....just in case anyone wants to change their votes....

BTW...you are looking for a Virgin Road? There's one on Mandarake for 300 bucks.....

gotta agree here! the rest on the list just look too weird for me..

One I'd chose over them which isn't on the list would be the SV-52, only cos im steadily growing to really like the SV-51 (the "a" variant in particular) but the more refined SV-52 version would be a lot nicer! Has a kinda Firefox look about it!

the list was designed to find out what fans would like to see be produced out of a selection of PT toys that have yet to be made at all (or at least modern, as close to line-art representations as currently possible)....sure, it's been proven that almost any VF-1 repaint will get gobbled up.....and many would like to see a YF/VF-21/22 get "renewed" (but others, myself included, would just prefer to see something new get a chance).....the VF-0D is awesome, but still...a VF-0 has already been made and honestly, it's just not that exciting of a release (IMO).....same goes for the eventual VF-0 renewals that will be built out of it....and I did not include re-releases because I really expect to eventually see those released...especially the ones most folks want...like the VT-1 and Max and Milia VF-1Js.....good things come to those that wait....

Bottom line is I guess I just prefer to let some other Macross toys get a chance at getting produced as a PT toy.....rather than seeing more VF-1 repaints or renewals of previously released PT toys....

Additionally, some have commented about stuff like the SDP-1 or Macross R valks........I'd rather let some of our talented members take a stab at bringing those to life via "add-on" kits, etc....and the sad fact is...I seriously doubt they would have a chance in hell of getting green-lighted for general release by Arcadia.....if we have not seen a Dynamite 7 VF-5000 or a VA-3 which were both animated and had significant screen time...I doubt stuff that only exists in manga or concept art will be made.....those type of valks often appear in the "wish list" topic.....hopefully, some of our gurus will make those wishes come true at some point....

Edited by jvmacross

That was my thought----the VF-5000 is far more likely to be made than most of the others, as it has actual "OVA animation"----and more than the VF-4 has! (Also a Liza figure would be awesome)

True, the MAXL has more raw screen time than possibly even the MacPlus valks, but it's so "nontraditional" and with zero repaint or remold options, it's not all that likely sadly.

Remove the VF-2SS and I'm guessing most of the votes would go to the TV SDF-1....

However, based on recent releases....is Arcadia OK with releasing a mold without "milking" it? I do not think so....the VF-0D is the basis for a complete reboot of the VF-0 line. So I am not sure they would greenlight a TV SDF-1. I think a TV SDF-1...a VF-11MAXL.....a VF-9....will need to be released as website exclusives/made to order....like the VF-4, if they are ever to see production.

I think a VF-5000, barring a miracle of actually getting a VF-2SS, lends itself for some fair amount of mold milking. A VF-14 (M7/MPlus) could be the basis of several Varauta valks with some modification...but they seem to be unpopular, so based on that they are probably not on the Arcadia short list.

Hope we hear something about an all-new release by end of year or early next year.....an insert announcement like they did with the VF-4 would be nice surprise.

Hope we hear something about an all-new release by end of year or early next year.....an insert announcement like they did with the VF-4 would be nice surprise.

And it will be a surprise (for me!) if they will release that 'same valk' this year too. :rolleyes: