Came home to this news after being on the road most of it. This really sucks. I had no idea he had depression and it's tragic his life ended this way. Loved his roles in Aladdin, Hook and Goodwill Hunting. Farewell Robin Williams. :(

A terrible loss. Good Morning Vietnam was one of those films that came along at the right age for me, just prior to adulthood when I was first learning to develop an appreciation for drama and mature storytelling in film. While it would still be many years before I delved into proper dramatic media, Williams and this film had a significant impact on my development, my own sense of humor and that irreverant stand for freedom of speech which I hold dear. His comedy and dramatic roles only expanded from there and produced a wonderful body of work we could all enjoy. Robin lived as full a life as most of us can only dream to, so while I'm sad he's gone I'm proud of what he's done. Farewell my lovely man.

I suppose I have a bit of a different perspective. It's pretty clear from stories from friends and family that he was a Manic Depressive. He would disappear for days on end, then suddenly appear and be bright, cheerful, put everyone in stitches and then disappear again. That's a terrible way to live, I know, because I have it too.

I would say to anyone who is saddened by his passing to think of anyone they may know who is truly depressed and let them know it's okay and they aren't alone. That can make a huge difference in these situations.

A tragic loss, by far one of the funniest people ever to grace the silver and cathode ray screens.

I loved everything he did.

There are three more films due out that he worked on, I wonder if they will come out now ?