YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Thanks for the kind words, and support. I will be offering the 21/22 battroid stand adapter, and the YF-19 fighter stand adapters as paid extras. Anyone who buys a YetiStand can add them. I will also have an option to add extra DX, or YA adapters to your stand order. Each addon piece will be $5.00. Remember that buying a stand gets you a set of adapters of your choice included in the cost.

As for the YF-19 stand adapter, I have attached it and removed it a dozen times. No paint scratching, or damage yet. As this is a very tight fitting piece of plastic, and it is in direct contact with the painted diecast spine of the YF-19, there could eventually be an issue. It seems to be fine, but I can't subvert the physical properties of these things.

I believe this is correct, but I only have 1 VF-19s. Do all of the VF-19S/F/P's share the same design for their diecast spines?

Edited by ChaoticYeti

yeti, seeing how simple the yf-19 adapter, would it be possible to create the same for 25/29? it will be a clip on to the part where the diecast hip joint locks in, I am in the office currently, so I don't know how it would balance or if it the tab can support the whole weight of valk.

yeti, seeing how simple the yf-19 adapter, would it be possible to create the same for 25/29? it will be a clip on to the part where the diecast hip joint locks in, I am in the office currently, so I don't know how it would balance or if it the tab can support the whole weight of valk.

Others have mentioned wanting a replacement for the fighter mode craddle on the DX's. I am going to have to decline adding it as an option. I am going to be stretched pretty thin in what I am already offering. I may work on one and show progress, but I won't be able to produce another adapter in quantities for order.

Edit: Bulk order of rubber washers arrived today :)

eeMjLtvl.jpg

Edit: 400 bolts, 400 nuts, 800 metal washers, and 400 rubber washers. All bagged up and ready to go.

2ChXnBnl.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

I am not currently taking orders, but today is hopefully the day! Tolerance is either tight and good to go, or there will be another delay. The pieces are out for delivery as I type this.

For each YetiStand you purchase, you will get a pair of DX YetiStand adapters, or YA YetiStand adapters included in the cost. At an additional cost, you can add each of these for $5.00 a piece. Budget accordingly, and please be reasonable on quantity. I may have to cut off availability on extra adapters if demand is too high. I do not want to delay shipping the actual stands because I am backed up on printing adapters. Ordering extra adapters will bump you to the bottom of the to be shipped list, as I will be printing the extra adapters after regular orders are filled. This will all be reiterated in the eventual "For Sale" thread.

DX Banking Adapter

mJZ3aAtl.jpg

DX Standing Adapter

borxRVYl.jpg

YA Banking Adapter

vTdGohNl.jpg

YA Standing Adapter

2QqAaKol.jpg

Yamato 1/60 YF-21/VF-22 Battroid Stand Adapter

gLtAVtil.jpg

Arcadia 1/60 YF-19 Fighter Stand Adapter (haven't gotten around to modifying for Yamato VF-19's. It is still possible I will have that available as well).

m4r3I3Al.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

3DB9vVnl.jpg

The good news is the Ghosts fit nice and secure in the peg hole. The bad news is the base pivot does not fully seat in the base. It looks like the laser did not cut straight through the base. It is at a slight angle making the base pivot unable to fully seat.

Edit: I was able to seat the base pivot. Video will be available shortly.

llbrJJdl.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Comparisons of balance.

<snip>

I'm really impressed. I can see myself using both adapters (pack-in and custom), just like you have set up in your test images.

Edit: I was able to seat the base pivot. Video will be available shortly.

Excellent! Can't wait! :D

Edited by technoblue

I'm really impressed. I can see myself using both adapters (pack-in and custom), just like you have set up in your test images.

Excellent! Can't wait! :D

Me, either!

It has been a productive morning!

X9CQlDIl.jpg

QCvtwacl.jpg

iKxFYsEl.jpg

h0WCZGWl.jpg

RI5aYk5l.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

whats the price of these? i like!!! when will they be available!

Just waiting for an email from my acrylic vendor. If everyone is comfortable with what I explained in the latest video, I could start taking orders now. I'd rather err on the side of safety.

Edit: "On the shelf" picture that doesn't really do it any justice, but I wanted to share. The downside of this stand is now I want more valks!

b3QyTbml.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Looks amazing Yeti!

I have had a few 1/72 scale stands for die cast aircraft with a similar tolerance level. As in once it's together it's damn near impossible to separate.

Had you reconsidered the international shipping?

USPS is not being very clear on interantional shipping costs. I am going to be stopping into a main branch later today, or early tomorrow. I am not going to delay the first run in hopes that I can get international shipping figured out. It may just have to wait till the next run. Hopefully right after this first one.

Edit: I am going to allow international shipping. Cost is going to be $62 flat rate. Even the USPS worker thought that seemed high. Before she looked it up she thought it was going to be around $25. I can't promise anything, but when I am at the point of dropping them off to be shipped if there is a disparity in this quoted cost of shipping I will refund the difference.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

I think if you're spoiled by the shipping rates that professional seller over you it is expensive. I really hope the first wave will be a success *fingers crossed*.

Edited by Scyla

I know you're not shipping internationally yet but when you do maybe you could look at focusing on regions. For example there are a few of us from Australia who want stands so you could focus on that. It would make shipping easier.

Just a thought :)

Did you read my posts? I will be offering international shipping now.

Correct.

Those outside of the USA, does this sound correct? Is this typical?

Yeti: You are using the USPS flat rate boxes, right? If so, the international rate sounds right to me. You can possibly save a little bit of money by printing your own labels at usps.com if you have your boxes on hand. My experience with international shipments has shown that custom weights sometimes offer a discount to certain regions (depending on the size and weight), but this does require more handling.

With that in mind, it's up to you on how much effort you want to put into this to start.

Yeti: You are using the USPS flat rate boxes, right? If so, the international rate sounds right to me. You can possibly save a little bit of money by printing your own labels at usps.com if you have your boxes on hand. My experience with international shipments has shown that custom weights sometimes offer a discount to certain regions (depending on the size and weight), but this does require more handling.

With that in mind, it's up to you on how much effort you want to put into this to start.

At this point it is just me in my home office. If you would have asked me a month ago if YetiStand would be were it is now, I would have laughed. Once it becomes more established I will hopefully have better avenues for distribution.

By the way, YetiStand is now patent pending!

I just checked the prices for international flat rate priority mail and for the medium flat it is $61.75 & $42.25 to Canada using retail price. Online price is $58.65 & $40.15 respectively.

How many stands would fit in the medium vs large flat rate boxes or can they fit in the envelopes? I think the envelopes weight limit is 4lbs. Envelope prices are around $24.75 and $20.55 retail. Actually all the others except the medium and large boxes are that price.

Sorry, I'm being scatterbrained right now. I was just trying to figure out what is the maximum stands that you can fit in the cheaper shipping boxes or envelopes.

Edited by wmkjr

Stupid question----you say you get a pair of DX or YA adapters. Can we mix/match? I mean, I'm mainly a fighter mode guy, and I especially want my Arcadia YF-19 "in flight". So can I get like the YF-19 adapter, and a DX banking adapter? A bunch of "battroid mode" adapters is of little use to me. (The Bandai DX stand is generally sufficient for battroid-mode Frontier valks)

Hmmn, I wonder what attachment the Arcadia VF-0D will have---I am going to have that thing in fighter mode 90% of the time...

Stupid question----you say you get a pair of DX or YA adapters. Can we mix/match? I mean, I'm mainly a fighter mode guy, and I especially want my Arcadia YF-19 "in flight". So can I get like the YF-19 adapter, and a DX banking adapter? A bunch of "battroid mode" adapters is of little use to me. (The Bandai DX stand is generally sufficient for battroid-mode Frontier valks)

I will adjust the for sale lingo to "YetiStand comes with 2 adapters of your choice". Is that better? I will not, however, remove an adapter in order to reduce the price of the stand. If you only pick one adapter it will still be $51.50 for the base YetiStand, and $54.00 for the pegged YetiStand.

Edit: I have heard back from the laser cutter. They are going to look into a possible issue with the 9mm acrylic not getting a straight cut. This could just be how it is going to be. I told them the slot does work, but I want to make sure I am not selling something that is going to get stress cracks now or over time from the tight fit. As I said in the update video, the revised stand seems perfectly fine. I just had to use some force to get he base pivot seated.

Edit: Just how it is:

"Thank you for your patience.

We noticed that you are using the 9.0 mm Acrylic Clear for this design. When using thicker materials, the results may vary.

Here's a little bit of an insight into how laser cutting works with thicker materials:

The laser beam is normally focused and intensified by a lens or a mirror to a very small spot to create a very intense laser beam. In order to achieve the smoothest possible finish during contour cutting, the direction of beam polarization must be rotated as it goes around the periphery of a contoured workpiece. Because the laser has to travel a farther distance on thicker materials, these materials have a tendency to skew the beam and may sometimes produce slightly different results.

If you want to make sure that you have a better fit, we suggest using a thinner material like the 5.6 mm Acrylic Clear."

I am awaiting a response as to whether or not they think the amount of force needed to seat it will be an issue. And no, I do not want a thinner material. I like the substantial nature and weight of the 9mm hexagon base.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Yeah, "2 adapters of your choice" is much clearer (and a better option for customers).

PS---does the Yamato adapter work for like, all of them? I'll probably have my Sv-51 on it.

Can you post a picture of the adapters that the SV-51 came with?

I'll have to go dig out the box from downstairs, I currently only have the valk itself "out for display". Give me a few mins.

::edit: Collection DX has lot of pics "from below"---will these do for what you need to know? http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2007/sv51_nora_type

I'll have to go dig out the box from downstairs, I currently only have the valk itself "out for display". Give me a few mins.

::edit: Collection DX has lot of pics "from below"---will these do for what you need to know? http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2007/sv51_nora_type

I was just looking at that. I am thinking it will not work for the SV-51 unless I make a specific piece for it. Does it have an adapter for the Yamato "tab"? Will it fit in these slots?

2QqAaKol.jpg

vTdGohNl.jpg

If the adapters don't have the tabs, they won't work with what I currently have. Does anyone want to send me a SV-51?

jE9kU0Al.jpg

What is the price for a stand again? This works with the 1\60 vf-1?

This will work with any Yamato valk that came with the tabbed stand adapters. I have already made custom adapters for the YF21/VF22 Battroid modes, and the YF19/VF19 Fighter modes. This will fit the Yamato/Arcadia v2 VF-1 releases. I do not recall if the Yamato v1 VF-1's came with stand adapters. $51.50 for the base YetiStand, and $54.00 for the pegged YetiStand. Just a few posts up :)

Edited by ChaoticYeti

The Sv-51 seems to use a very different type of stand connector, despite the basic stand itself being the same as the YF-21's. The "main" post is a 12-sided connector. (not a circular post, not a hexagon or octagon--I counted twice, it's twelve-sided). So it's almost a circular post, but not, and "locks in" due to that and won't pivot.

And to attach to the YetiStand, you would actually need to create a male connector, as the Sv-51 fighter/gerwalk/battroid bits are all female.