YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Yeah I'm fine with the extra 1.50 for rubber feet. So is there going to be an option for both yamato and bandai adaptors or just staying simple this run?

It was requested that I also offer the adapters separately. I am not opposed to doing it this way. It will be an added cost. I will offer it.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

I know only a few people chimed in, but those that did had positive remarks. I think adding feet is a no brainer. I am going to go ahead and bulk order the feet. I have not ordered from this vendor before, but I doubt they would take longer than the acrylic to get here. Price of the stand for this run is bumped up by $1.50.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

I know only a few people chimed in, but those that did had positive remarks. I think adding feet is a no brainer. I am going to go ahead and bulk order the feet. I have not ordered from this vendor before, but I doubt they would take longer than the acrylic to get here. Price of the stand for this run is bumped up by $1.50.

Will the rubber feet come preinstalled? I ask because i sometimes put my stands on acrylic risers that have a smaller footprint than the stand and the rubber wont allow me to place them on risers

Will the rubber feet come preinstalled? I ask because i sometimes put my stands on acrylic risers that have a smaller footprint than the stand and the rubber wont allow me to place them on risers

Nope. Not for $1.50. You can decide whether or not you want to add them. I will include a guide so you can quickly, and accurately line them up.

You could put them on, and when you want to set it on the riser you could remove the arm, flip the base, and have the feet on top. They are clear, and not aesthetically unpleasing.

Swr6VD2l.jpg

iHpUJAhl.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

That looks cool. My only worry is with the glue. On that point, my experience with clear dots has been mixed. The glue loses its tackiness overtime and that can cause the feet to slip out of place when mounted on smooth surfaces.

Also, I have seen clear dots brown or change color with age but that takes time.

Perhaps another option for feet might be thin opaque rubber dots like these?

post-5492-0-39127100-1407600541_thumb.jpg

That looks cool. My only worry is with the glue. On that point, my experience with clear dots has been mixed. The glue loses its tackiness overtime and that can cause the feet to slip out of place when mounted on smooth surfaces.

Also, I have seen clear dots brown or change color with age but that takes time.

Perhaps another option for feet might be thin opaque rubber dots like these?

attachicon.gifrubber_dots.jpg

I'll keep on the lookout for other options, but for now this is what I have. Time will tell if there is an issue. Have you used the 3m feet I am using before? Why would those dots work any better? If there is an issue with the adhesive failing, they can be removed and any residue can be cleaned off with isopropyl alcohol.

The feet on my black tipped flightpose stand have never come off. Doesn't look like they have yellowed much either. I am not 100% certain, but the material feels identical to the 3M ones I am using. I bought this stand back before they were called flightpose. I think it is around 10 years old.

697UDMPl.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

I'll keep on the lookout for other options, but for now this is what I have. Time will tell if there is an issue. Have you used the 3m feet I am using before? Why would those dots work any better? If there is an issue with the adhesive failing, they can be removed and any residue can be cleaned off with isopropyl alcohol.

No, not 3M. The feet that fail on me consistently are off-brand types, like the ones from Radio Shack. I'm not sure who RS uses as a source, but the profile of the foot is the same. I'll have to dig around to see if I have any on hand for a photo.

The feet on my black tipped flightpose stand have never come off. Doesn't look like they have yellowed much either. I am not 100% certain, but the material feels identical to the 3M ones I am using. I bought this stand back before they were called flightpose. I think it is around 10 years old.

That's a relief. The only reason I like the thin ones is because they are low profile and I have had better luck applying them to things. There really isn't a functional difference once you set aside thickness. At that point, it's just a preference.

Edited by technoblue

No, not 3M. The feet that fail on me consistently are off-brand types, like the ones from Radio Shack. I'm not sure who RS uses as a source, but the profile of the foot is the same. I'll have to dig around to see if I have any on hand for a photo.

That's a relief. The only reason I like the thin ones is because they are low profile and I have had better luck applying them to things. There really isn't a functional difference once you set aside thickness. At that point, it's just a preference.

Something to look out for as time passes, I guess. I washed down the base with isopropyl alcohol, and applied the feet using my printed guide. They are very solidly attached, and look great.

I have an update for shipping costs. I have been to USPS, UPS, and FedEx. My best option for shipping is going to be USPS Priority 2-day. It will be a flat rate of $12.00. This should be good for orders up to 10 stands, as flat rate is determined by the box, not the weight ( and you are all going to kindly keep to 10, right?). This does mean that you spend less on shipping per stand if you order 10, but that is how flat rate works. I am pretty confident that the next run will include international shipping, although the flat rate is different for each country.

If you are local to the Twin Cities in Minnesota area, I would agree to a local pickup.

Any chance of a "replacement" adapter for fighter-mode Frontier valks? As in, a nice "sleeker" clear piece, instead of having to use the huge ugly black fighter-mode adapter that Bandai includes? I'm a fighter mode guy, and the "thing" Bandai gives us for the -25/29 etc always just ruins how they look on a stand IMHO. There's GOTTA be something better than 'sticking the gunpod through a square-shaped tunnel' etc. Just something more "Y" shaped that goes AROUND the gunpod or something?

I've got plenty of stands for diecast fighter jets etc, I'll have a look at what they do and see if any might work for a VF-25. (I'm thinking one of my A-10, F-111, or even Harrier stands may work for the basic concept)

Any chance of a "replacement" adapter for fighter-mode Frontier valks? As in, a nice "sleeker" clear piece, instead of having to use the huge ugly black fighter-mode adapter that Bandai includes? I'm a fighter mode guy, and the "thing" Bandai gives us for the -25/29 etc always just ruins how they look on a stand IMHO. There's GOTTA be something better than 'sticking the gunpod through a square-shaped tunnel' etc. Just something more "Y" shaped that goes AROUND the gunpod or something?I've got plenty of stands for diecast fighter jets etc, I'll have a look at what they do and see if any might work for a VF-25. (I'm thinking one of my A-10, F-111, or even Harrier stands may work for the basic concept)

It is possible, but not at this time. You will have to use the bandai craddle. What brands of diecast planes do you have? I recently picked up a 1/72 hobby master F-22. I created a YetiStand adapter for it. I do not know if it will work for other hobby master 1/72 planes.

eWb5CUal.jpg

EttzWBGl.jpg

I have several HM planes----F-16's, F-18's, F-111, F-102, F-101, F-105, F-104, A-10, Harrier II. But every HM plane has its own stand adapter. Same base, different plug. (VERY different).

Many people like using Witty's stands with HM planes, as they plug into the exhaust nozzles, leaving the belly "free".

I have several HM planes----F-16's, F-18's, F-111, F-102, F-101, F-105, F-104, A-10, Harrier II. But every HM plane has its own stand adapter. Same base, different plug. (VERY different).Many people like using Witty's stands with HM planes, as they plug into the exhaust nozzles, leaving the belly "free".

The exhaust nozzles are all different shapes and sizes. Are the bellies always slotted on HM's, and just different sizes, or are they all fundamentally different?

Fundamentally---few are supported solely by the slot. Many have additional "prongs" going out to rest under the instakes or something, to make a 3-point supporting surface--but only the "center" one actually "plugs in", the other bits just "rest underneath". I'm thinking a variation of their F-111 stand may work best for a VF-25.

As for exhaust nozzles---Witty makes many of the same planes HM does, so the stands are often nearly perfect fits. Also, the real aircraft often share engines, the GE J79 and J75 are VERY common among jets from the 60's, and so lots of planes would have the same engine/nozzle dimensions. Plus "variations" and "close enough" leads to many stands being compatible. (I think people use MiG-29 stands on the F-18 actually)

So how are you going to tally up the first 100? Just from replies in the thread or with a form?

I will have a for sale post were you can reply with an order. Dibbs will be placed in the order that replies are received. I will list 1-100 in the first post so people can see how they are moving. Once all 100 spots are full I will pm people with a PayPal address to send payment to. This will keep it to the first 100 and eliminate any overages. I am working on a website that would allow for a better ordering process. It may not be ready for a run or two.

Have you tried using the stand with an Arcadia YF-19 in fighter mode? The stand adapter mounts way forward of the center of gravity making it a challenge for some stands.

Yeah, the 19's have a teribble mounting point for fighter. It works pretty well for gerwalk, but fighter is unstable. I was able to make a 21/22 battroid adapter, so anything is possible.

oh when will the for sale post go up approximately?

I am just waiting on one piece I re-ordered in order to fix a tolerance issue. Everything else should be good to go. I don't want to green light any sales until I know this issue is fixed.

Have you tried using the stand with an Arcadia YF-19 in fighter mode? The stand adapter mounts way forward of the center of gravity making it a challenge for some stands.

How is this?

PVb7cV1l.jpg

vQvzyral.jpg

0zlHnJMl.jpg

It is sturdy.

kNH6dael.jpg

XSzIGf8l.jpg

Wow. Never noticed this before..... QC.

pCfsjSbl.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti