YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

I've been looking at uploading all of the 3d files for the adapters to shapeways. Still no good solution for acrylic, though. I appreciate everyone's support. This was a hobby that got real big real fast. I have had to really buckle down at my day job this past year.

Ideally I could find a service that lasers, print, and dropships it all just to keep it going. 9mm slotted acrylic is an issue for places. Bending the acrylic as well.

6 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

I've been looking at uploading all of the 3d files for the adapters to shapeways. Still no good solution for acrylic, though. I appreciate everyone's support. This was a hobby that got real big real fast. I have had to really buckle down at my day job this past year.

Ideally I could find a service that lasers, print, and dropships it all just to keep it going. 9mm slotted acrylic is an issue for places. Bending the acrylic as well.

Awesome! Thanks for the update! Great that the day job sounds to be working out well. Obviously we have selfish hopes that you can get this side hobby back up and running too.

3 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

I can cut and etch 1/4" Acrylic. Would that be too thin?

Bending might be a "buy a blow torch, try not to burn down the house" home project lol

16 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

. 9mm slotted acrylic is an issue for places. Bending the acrylic as well.

Is this a COVID driven thing?

I'm having all sorts of problems with composites because there is a worldwide resin shortage right now.

• 2 months later...

Anyone have a good site for grabbing these? Finally expanding the display cabinets and am wanting to get my valks off action bases.

The original site has been dead and I'm getting redirection maleware warnings.

Edited by Rock

10 minutes ago, Rock said:

Anyone have a good site for grabbing these? Finally expanding the display cabinets and am wanting to get my valks off action bases.

The original site has been dead and I'm getting redirection maleware warnings.

The original site was the only site. Until @ChaoticYeti decides he is able to open up shop again, the world is limited to the yeti stands that already existed before he stopped doing them. 

11 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

Hopefully he can resume making these soon. I would love to finally get some stands.

IDK his situation. But I do know my own small manufacturing position. Right now being a manufacturer is an absolute nightmare. The world supply chain and raw materials problems makes it a nightmare. And it's going to get worse before it gets better. We're probably looking at many years of this and things may never get back to normal. If I could shutter my business right now I would.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't want to step on @ChaoticYeti's toes at all. But if he is not planning on coming back I will consider making stands. But slightly different.

I don't have an infrastructure for acrylic, but I do for stainless steel. I could do Yeti like stands out of stainless. I would probably skelatonize them because it would look cool (think girders) and they don't need to have as much material when your moving from acrylic to SS. They would have to be slightly more expensive than the Acrylic too. One, because of materials cost. Two, they would need to be polished.

I would be doing this for the community. Not as a money maker. I can make a LOT more money putting the same amount of time into different product. And I would only want to do one run. Or maybe one a year. 

If there is enough interest I'll get a prototype made and post some pics. LMK what you guys think.

11 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I don't want to step on @ChaoticYeti's toes at all. But if he is not planning on coming back I will consider making stands. But slightly different.

I don't have an infrastructure for acrylic, but I do for stainless steel. I could do Yeti like stands out of stainless. I would probably skelatonize them because it would look cool (think girders) and they don't need to have as much material when your moving from acrylic to SS. They would have to be slightly more expensive than the Acrylic too. One, because of materials cost. Two, they would need to be polished.

I would be doing this for the community. Not as a money maker. I can make a LOT more money putting the same amount of time into different product. And I would only want to do one run. Or maybe one a year. 

If there is enough interest I'll get a prototype made and post some pics. LMK what you guys think.

Put me down for a few sets! I can't use Bandai stand in battroid mode 'cause it makes it too tall for detolf. Besides it is damn ugly and takes up lots of space. I'm interested!

Thanks for stepping up @sqidd! Only thing for me and I think even you is we prefer clear stands. While it has potential to have a different look that might be cool, I don’t really want a bunch of my Valks on steel stands. Same reason I only bought 2 of the recent Arcadia launch arm stands, as cool as they are. So I guess I’d be in for one or two. 

Would the adapters be the same…3D printed using the @ChaoticYeti designs?

Thanks to everyone putting energy towards these accessories. 

I am kicking myself for not ordering before these became unavailable. I really am looking for the banking adapters. I envisioned the squad all banking on their regular dx stands to make room for more valks. 

19 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks for stepping up @sqidd! Only thing for me and I think even you is we prefer clear stands. While it has potential to have a different look that might be cool, I don’t really want a bunch of my Valks on steel stands. Same reason I only bought 2 of the recent Arcadia launch arm stands, as cool as they are. So I guess I’d be in for one or two. 

Would the adapters be the same…3D printed using the @ChaoticYeti designs?

I'm with you on the clear stands. It's my preference. That said, if there are no clear stands to be had............I would want the SS stands second.

And that is really going to be a taste thing.  And how the shelves they're going on look in general. I like clear because my cabs are mostly glass. It matches. That said, the cabs have black metal frames. Some SS stands would look pretty cool/industrial in those cabs. The way I'm seeing the SS stands in my head they would be super cool looking. Very thin/minimalist. Well, thin compared to acrylic. Way, way, way less chunky and in your face than the launch arms.

I haven't contacted @ChaoticYeti. I don't know if he is coming back. If he would share the files. If he would sell the files. Nothing. And I want to make clear that I don't want to step on his toes. Only fill a gap if there is one. Worse case I could 3D print adapters based on my own designs. CAD'ing them up is a piece of cake.

I'd do more adapters if I was going to do it. I actually made a few for the YetStands already for the Beagle and Sentinel Ride Armors.

Cool! Well I totally agree that nothing should be done without his blessing. He changed our world when it comes to stands! Also, I know he put a lot of R&D into the parts so if not needed there is no reason to come up with something new. Then again, it's not rocket science and maybe someone can come up with some better designs for adapters?

I live in California so if there's anything that can help keep my stuff from nose diving in an earthquake, I'm down for it. I'm willing to put up a 1K order for my initial investment should this be a 1 time/yearly thing. I'm more interested in flexibility/re-use of stands with adaptors, extra arms, etc. before I launch into a ton of bases.

57 minutes ago, Falldog said:

Yeah, I could easily duplicate what he's done so far w/ the acrylic stuff, but not gonna happen without his approval. Would be way douchy.

If you can do it out of acrylic I think that's going to hit the widest audience. Do you have his contact info? I have his email address somewhere. 

41 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Cool! Well I totally agree that nothing should be done without his blessing. He changed our world when it comes to stands! Also, I know he put a lot of R&D into the parts so if not needed there is no reason to come up with something new. Then again, it's not rocket science and maybe someone can come up with some better designs for adapters?

After I got my stands I put some brain power toward seeing if I could think of a design I liked more. I couldn't come up with anything that didn't have a different set of compromises. A "push" if you will. 

The "fantasy" adapter would be something clear like the stand. It may be possible to do it by machining out "billets" and then sanding/polishing the crap out of them. You wouldn't be able to get every surface though. And it would be time consuming as all get out. Which means huge $$$$$. The other option would be molded clear plastic. That really would be a fortune. Molds are big, big bucks and only make sense if you're churning out tons of units. 

@ChaoticYeti got the adapters as good as they're going to get without a massive jump in price.

22 minutes ago, sqidd said:

After I got my stands I put some brain power toward seeing if I could think of a design I liked more. I couldn't come up with anything that didn't have a different set of compromises. A "push" if you will. 

The "fantasy" adapter would be something clear like the stand. It may be possible to do it by machining out "billets" and then sanding/polishing the crap out of them. You wouldn't be able to get every surface though. And it would be time consuming as all get out. Which means huge $$$$$. The other option would be molded clear plastic. That really would be a fortune. Molds are big, big bucks and only make sense if you're churning out tons of units. 

@ChaoticYeti got the adapters as good as they're going to get without a massive jump in price.

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. He did start making them out of "clear" material towards the end, which didn't end up very clear but still better than grey or black. Molded clear plastic isn't very durable and "billet" would be going overboard for our purposes so yeah, we already had the best option with today's technology.

About the only thing I can think of to make them better (stronger) would be to do low-volume silicone/sand mold or lost-wax casting. Would still end up costing more compared to 3D printing though.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

• 1 year later...

He has one new bit Yeti didn’t: a long acrylic arc that can hold two Valkyries in formation, with a choice of three angles at the “bottom” of the arc to choose an angle to set them all at. 

10 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I put in an order for a couple of stands. Hope they're as good as Yeti!

Nice! I envy you. Hehehe. :lol: Let us know how it is once you receive it. :good: 

How I wish they can also make those adapters clear.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Got my order in via email when he posted on Facebook and it delivered today. 
Very pleased!

Not a 1:1 with Yeti, these bases are larger and all acrylic elements are beefier than Yeti’s. 
Even got a set of wrenches for the nuts and bolts.

highly recommend 

Thanks for your initial reaction. Good to know about the quality. :good: 

I wasn't able to place an order from their first run so I'm glad that they're planning on doing another down the line. ;) 

Btw, is it ok if you can post some photo comparison of Yeti's and the new one? Thanks in advance.

Edited by no3Ljm