YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

2 minutes ago, claude grant said:

Mine was packaged the same way Slave IV, but so much of what I've gotten before looked like it was stuffed in an old, used & battered box stuffed with 5 yr. old newsprint.

I guess I gushed a little maybe over what should be the norm lol!

Oh ok, lol! FWIW, if I remember correctly, my Flightpose stand came in a branded box that was shipped in another shipping box. If anything, that's the only thing Flightpose has on Yeti but even for a box hoarder like myself, I don't really care what my stands come in as long as they come in good condition/not damaged.

I hope I'm not talking out of school here.

I talked with Tom about a week ago. Between supplier supply issues due to COVID (Which I'm having huge problems with too) and that Tom got transferred to a better position at work that requires more of his time he shut the shop down. He plans on opening back up. Things have to get easier on his end before he can though. Timeline unknown.

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

I hope I'm not talking out of school here.

I talked with Tom about a week ago. Between supplier supply issues due to COVID (Which I'm having huge problems with too) and that Tom got transferred to a better position at work that requires more of his time he shut the shop down. He plans on opening back up. Things have to get easier on his end before he can though. Timeline unknown.

I am soooo glad I made a decent sized order before it shut down.  I was in the last batch to get fulfilled.  Just wished I had order more adapters prior!

• 8 months later...

Just make a stand from a large box of popsicle sticks with wood glue and hope that it doesn't shatter into wood splinters. :lol:

Flightpose stands can be used, however watch out for the clear rubber plugs that might leave a mark on the valk itself.

If your tired of using the stands listed, then hang it from the ceiling with heavy duty fishing wire with the hopes that it passes the drop test. 

Unfortunately G1 Fort Max didn't pass the "Drop Test" and was pulled out from the shelves here in America from what I understand. 

57 minutes ago, borgified said:

If your tired of using the stands listed, then hang it from the ceiling with heavy duty fishing wire with the hopes that it passes the drop test. 

Unfortunately G1 Fort Max didn't pass the "Drop Test" and was pulled out from the shelves here in America from what I understand. 

I used to hang all my model aircraft and some toys using fishing line. Never had a problem with it. Some of these Valks are a lot heavier though. 

Does Yeti make clear adapters?  Can the YetiStand connect directly to a DX attachment or will there have to be a solid color adapter inbetween?  I would prefer to have a clear stand with everything else clear.

12 hours ago, Slave IV said:

You can also use Tamashii stages. The trident stage works well for anything bigger than HMR. I’m just saving my money and using the stands I have already or included with DX Valks until yeti comes back. No sense in “wasting” money on anything lesser. 

I hope Yeti can produce stands soon...I need them stands like right now lol

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Does Yeti make clear adapters?  Can the YetiStand connect directly to a DX attachment or will there have to be a solid color adapter inbetween?  I would prefer to have a clear stand with everything else clear.

Not completely clear but he did make adapters out of clear material that ended up as a translucent white. I haven’t used them for any DX Valks yet but there should be the same thing where a translucent adapter can connect to the clear DX attachment. 

2 hours ago, BroTaku79 said:

I hope Yeti can produce stands soon...I need them stands like right now lol

Yeah

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Not completely clear but he did make adapters out of clear material that ended up as a translucent white. I haven’t used them for any DX Valks yet but there should be the same thing where a translucent adapter can connect to the clear DX attachment. 

Yeah

May be we should do a GoFundMe page for him :D

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

One thing I’d say is the stands are not cheap. I’m sure the materials and time to make them are not cheap either but I’ll fund it by buying them if/when the shop reopens.

well it looks like a good quality and I have no problem paying high $ for good stuff.  How much are they anyway?

I don’t remember all the prices but it’s definitely more expensive than any other stand by a good amount, especially when you trick them out to hold multiple Valks. Well worth it though. Maybe someone has an order invoice handy to provide an example? You can easily spend hundreds if you want them for your whole collection. 

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I don’t remember all the prices but it’s definitely more expensive than any other stand by a good amount, especially when you trick them out to hold multiple Valks. Well worth it though. Maybe someone has an order invoice handy to provide an example? You can easily spend hundreds if you want them for your whole collection. 

I don't have any invoices. But you're looking at about $55-60/ stand once you get all the bits. IMO well worth it. They add up fast. I've got $3000 into YetiStands.:shok: I've got a bunch of Valks on stands though. And right before COVID hit I stocked up on them big time just in case he never comes back.:spiteful:

Sorry gents, there is no amount of money I would take to sell one of my "spares".:pardon:

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

I don't have any invoices. But you're looking at about $55-60/ stand once you get all the bits. IMO well worth it. They add up fast. I've got $3000 into YetiStands.:shok: I've got a bunch of Valks on stands though. And right before COVID hit I stocked up on them big time just in case he never comes back.:spiteful:

Sorry gents, there is no amount of money I would take to sell one of my "spares".:pardon:

Yeah, thousands sounds right if you have a typical collection that a lot of us here do. :D

16 hours ago, sqidd said:

haha yeah I would not sell mine if I had them too lol thx for the info!

11 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, thousands sounds right if you have a typical collection that a lot of us here do. :D

I would get them for all of mine but since my collection is small, it won't run nowhere near $3000 lol

8 hours ago, BroTaku79 said:

I would get them for all of mine but since my collection is small, it won't run nowhere near $3000 lol

Yeah, it takes a lot. A quick count (they're in my office with me) is 81 1/55, 1/60 or 1/48 Valks. And about 43 more in other scales.  Not all of them are on YetiStands though. I like Flightpose stuff a lot too depending on what i'm going for as far as a display goes..

9 hours ago, sqidd said:

Yeah, it takes a lot. A quick count (they're in my office with me) is 81 1/55, 1/60 or 1/48 Valks. And about 43 more in other scales.  Not all of them are on YetiStands though. I like Flightpose stuff a lot too depending on what i'm going for as far as a display goes..

that is a lot of Valks lol hopefully someday I will get to that number.  Flightpose is closed too lol at least until the 4th qtr....man....pandemic is killing us...

I got my own laser cutter so I could do the bases and the arms if I really had to. Real magic is in the bent and printed parts along with the pre-selected fasteners. Maybe if he doesn't return to direct manufacturing he can sell off the design files via Shapeways or some such. 

5 hours ago, BroTaku79 said:

that is a lot of Valks lol hopefully someday I will get to that number.  Flightpose is closed too lol at least until the 4th qtr....man....pandemic is killing us...

Didn’t realize Flightpose was down for the count too. I think you can get basically the same thing from Calibre Wings but maybe not as many options for different arm lengths. 

4 hours ago, Falldog said:

I got my own laser cutter so I could do the bases and the arms if I really had to. Real magic is in the bent and printed parts along with the pre-selected fasteners. Maybe if he doesn't return to direct manufacturing he can sell off the design files via Shapeways or some such. 

That would be interesting but I hope @ChaoticYeti can just come back and do it himself. 

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

I'm excited for the stands to be offered again at some point in the future. My wallet feels otherwise.

Haha yeah! While I love the Yetistands, I do not need them for every Valk I own. I like to mix up the display but I definitely prefer to use Yetis whenever I’m trying to make them look like they are flying. Being able to hold several Valks on one base helps and I also like using the wall and detolf mounts where applicable and it is much cheaper that way too. 

12 hours ago, BroTaku79 said:

that is a lot of Valks lol hopefully someday I will get to that number.  

Don't do it!!! I'm not a smart man!:rofl:

Man, FP is down too? I didn't really stock up on those. I don't think I really need any though. I don't see many more new Valks in my future. Only future DX releases. Which are trickling out slooooooowwwww.

Edited by sqidd