YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

2 minutes ago, theraiden said:

Thank you for this Sqidd! I now have a basic understanding what parts i need :) 
Yeah, maybe 3 arms is a bit excessive for height, the thought was to have Gerwalk on 1 arm, battroid on 2 arms and fighter on 3 arms, all posed together, but i'll probably just keep them on 1 or 2 arms on different shelves in the Detolf.

There are also different arm lengths you can work with. 

2 minutes ago, theraiden said:

Thank you for this Sqidd! I now have a basic understanding what parts i need :) 
Yeah, maybe 3 arms is a bit excessive for height, the thought was to have Gerwalk on 1 arm, battroid on 2 arms and fighter on 3 arms, all posed together, but i'll probably just keep them on 1 or 2 arms on different shelves in the Detolf.

You would have to remove a shelf to do that. The top of Battroid without Supers would be 15" off the deck. The Fighter would be in the next cabinet!:D

17 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Worth noting that for Detolfs there's a Yetistand base that clips onto the side/back of the glass shelf and lets you mount one arm above and one below.

https://www.yetistand.com/product/yetistand-detolf-mount

31 minutes ago, sqidd said:

@ChaoticYeti this is what I had you make me those 45's for. So I could angle both of them 45deg. I think that;s going to turn out sweet.

For sure! More elbows are already on the way. Gonna prep a 45° block for consistency. 

Unboxed two more M&M's tonight and set them up on YetiStands @ChaoticYeti. These stands are life savers! No way I could stuff that many M&M's (four 1/48's and two 1/60's) in that space without them. I still have some tweaking to do, but it's a good start.

Next, HMR M&M's.

M&M 4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Got some more stands in and "Zero" adapters so I could crack these SV-51's out of their boxes. The Nora is obviously a Yamato. The Ivan is the Arcadia. Fun fact. The Arcadia supplied stand adapter has a ID for the pin 6 1/2 thousandths lager than the Yamato so the YetiStand Zero adapter doesn't work for anything but level flight. @ChaoticYeti knows about it and is whipping up a couple of prototype Arcadia/Zero adapters for me to test drive. Right now I have the old OG Zero adapter in there with about a million coats of Crazy Glue on the pin so it will fit tight in the Arcadia adapter.

SV-51s.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I broke a few Yeti stand arms trying to put together four Yamato VF1s (the heavy metal leg version 1/non-perfect transformation) on one stand. I gave up on it but I’m still interested in using these. How well do you guys think this stand would hold up a Bandai DX 1/48 VF-1 with strike packs in jet mode? It’s a heavy beast that seems to give Bandai’s own stand a bit of trouble. It feels very wobbly. 

Is there any modifications you would recommend to make it stronger/stiffer? Dual arms/longer screws/etc?

41 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I broke a few Yeti stand arms trying to put together four Yamato VF1s (the heavy metal leg version 1/non-perfect transformation) on one stand. I gave up on it but I’m still interested in using these. How well do you guys think this stand would hold up a Bandai DX 1/48 VF-1 with strike packs in jet mode? It’s a heavy beast that seems to give Bandai’s own stand a bit of trouble. It feels very wobbly. 

Is there any modifications you would recommend to make it stronger/stiffer? Dual arms/longer screws/etc?

Four! That was ambitious!:rofl:

This thing is a brick. 

VF-1S w S&S4.jpg

Thanks @sqidd! That looks a bit front heavy though and might topple forward.  Have you considered putting another arm on there so the center of gravity is more centered in the middle? Did it make it more wobbly? I live in California so earthquakes are something I always need to think about. 

13 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Thanks @sqidd! That looks a bit front heavy though and might topple forward.  Have you considered putting another arm on there so the center of gravity is more centered in the middle? Did it make it more wobbly? I live in California so earthquakes are something I always need to think about. 

That's a hodge podge of stuff. It's the wrong adapter. It's the standard DX adapter (you want the 262 adapter) and it's a standing adapter opposed to a banking adapter. That's why I have the 90 in there. Despite all of that wrong stuff going on I wouldn't call it tippy. Would I do something different if I lived in CA? Yeah, I would mount it so it was more centered on the stand. I could do that with this by just rotating a few things. It would just be "flying" higher. Or mount it directly to the base. Between the Yeti adapter and the Bandai adapter it would still be a reasonable distance off the deck.

No fault of @ChaoticYeti, I'm waiting on the right adapters so I can do a cleaner mount of this guy. I've got the wrong adapters on these too.

630591607_VF-1SsHikaru.jpg.30ed4872b616f793dbb48337c376a938.jpg1796402802_VF-1SBattroid.jpg.3d6d16c014676ee393986602aa6d20c3.jpg1248729063_VF-1SGerwalk.jpg.ae6986baebd96931ae384399b01c7fbd.jpg

Edited by sqidd

52 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Four! That was ambitious!:rofl:

Actually, it is. :good: 

On 4/5/2018 at 12:02 AM, no3Ljm said:

Here's some sample setups done by @derex3592 from Page 36 for a 4 Valkyrie Fighters. @wmkjr's 4-5 Valkyrie Fighter setups from Page 33 and Page 39. And @Saburo's 3 Valkyrie Fighter setup from Page 27.

Derex:

image.jpg

image.jpg

wmkjr:

med_gallery_7577_740_24841.jpg

med_gallery_7577_740_167983.jpg

VF-ZERO's

VF-ZERO's 2

Saburo:

VF-1S Strike Valkyries x 3 arm YetiStand

6 VF-1's not enough? :rolleyes:

On 4/5/2018 at 3:53 AM, wmkjr said:

Here are 2 more reference pics:

15811385554_4eb9f06c4c_z.jpg

16247645769_81bde319b8_z.jpg

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

The problem is when you do a crazy Tree-O-Valks like that, it's SO big it doesn't fit anywhere other than like the middle of a large table..aaaaaand wife/GF ain't gonna go for that on a semi-permanent basis...:lol:

Yeah, that's a HUGE area! If I got really ambitious I could probably stack three on a stand and still fit it in a cabinet. But five or six? Nope!

On 12/16/2019 at 11:46 PM, bleecher said:

Any updates on this project? Thanks!

He's got a package on its way to him, and I'm sure he'll update me with fitment. Hopefully works out of the box, but I can modify as necessary.

27 minutes ago, Saburo said:

The fitment is good, great job on it!  I'll send you an email when I get home to night with more pics to get your thoughts on a suggestion I have.

Awesome! Pretty fun to come out close starting out blind. Thanks for your help!