YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Just got my order, doing my 'trial run' with 2x yamato V2s.  Is the grip between the hexagonal base and the attachment point that slots into it supposed to be so loose?  Do you guys have tricks / recommended adhesives for the acrylic?  I jammed a bit of paper towel in there for now...

Also, in the instruction manual, what's the corner device looking thing?  Just ignore it?

DSC_1638.thumb.JPG.c79f4215cd6833b518658c3545e3ac64.JPG

Hello! That's just a guide to call out where to put the rubber feet. Earlier versions of the stands did come with a 3d printed plastic piece to help line it up, but I got more questions about what that piece was for than what it was worth to include.

10 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Hello! That's just a guide to call out where to put the rubber feet. Earlier versions of the stands did come with a 3d printed plastic piece to help line it up, but I got more questions about what that piece was for than what it was worth to include.

No good deed, eh?

• 3 weeks later...

Unless Bandai have changed the shape of their slots again, the DX adapters should be sufficient. These work for me on the DX VF-19 advance release.

https://www.yetistand.com/product/dx-standing-adapter

https://www.yetistand.com/product/dx-banking-adapter

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DWN013 said:

So, anyone got any tips on adhesives or anything to shore up the wobbly slot attachment between the hexagonal base and its joint?

I used weld on or Sci grip acrylic glue.

Another trick is to layer clear packing tape on the peg until it fits firmly in the slot to shore up any slack. There is a variance in the thickness of the acrylic. Adding a bit of thickness with the tape is a less permanent solution to adhesives/solvents. Shouldn't need much.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

On 10/11/2018 at 3:17 PM, anubis20 said:

Many thanks to @ChaoticYeti for helping me out with adapters for my Maketoys seekers!!! I think I over complicated things with elbows but I like this set up. Need to open up Skywarp to display all 3 in alt mode ^_^

Maketoys Meteor and Lightning Maketoys Meteor and Lightning Maketoys Meteor and Lightning Maketoys Meteor and Lightning

Nice! Any idea if these can hold FT Phoenix? @ChaoticYeti looking to pick up a few in the near future for my valks and Ft10x 

• 2 months later...

Just a quick post to show the RVF-171EX wing pylon adapter Yeti made for the gunpod. Luca doesn’t have to be naked anymore!!!

...wait. 

DD7AE631-1017-4249-AEE9-13FEB8DA1020.jpeg

1 hour ago, Arkham said:

Does RVF-171EX has a Super Parts set? I thought they released it only for VF-171EX and NP

The RVF-171EX doesn't have the Super Parts set only the RVF-25 Renewal has the 3 Ghosts and boosters. The only versions that have the Amoured Pack are Alto and the CF (I believe the KO set for CF has missiles only). The Maruyama set has the Amoured parts in the set. I believe Sildani got the missiles from the DX YF-19 Full Set. As for the rail gun attachment clip, I believe its custom made?

Damn... I'm trying not get Yeti stands yet as I don't have a dedicated Macross shelf, but I now I'm really thinking about it. :p      

Edited by borgified
details and grammar

I got a VF-171 CF armor set a while back, the armor’s from that, missiles are from the YF-19 Full Set, and the display adapter and gunpod adapter are from Yeti. 

31 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Hey which adapter are you using for Luca's unit?

3 minutes ago, SuNDuK said:

and which adapter do you use for holding gun on the wing?

Sildani posted that he got it through Yeti's website and I went on there 10 mins ago and saw nothing.  Has @ChaoticYeti  updated his website recently of the adapters (or am I not seeing it). :unknw: 

Okay. The stand adapter is a prototype; it works well but not with armor parts since the parts change the Valkyrie’s center of gravity. I think Yeti’s still tinkering with it. 

The gunpod adapter is on Yeti’s Shapeways store: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/3dyeti

Do any of the existing adapters work with the VF-1J DX clear pieces? Looks like they have additional plastic that goes down both sides of the arm for extra support. Kind of like the VF-31 battroid stand, but with longer pieces for the extra support.

6 hours ago, Matt Random said:

Do any of the existing adapters work with the VF-1J DX clear pieces? Looks like they have additional plastic that goes down both sides of the arm for extra support. Kind of like the VF-31 battroid stand, but with longer pieces for the extra support.

Can you post a pic? Sounds like what they did with the SV-262.

https://www.yetistand.com/product/dx-standing-adapter-sv-262-revision

11 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

@ChaoticYeti - Looks like the side tabs are 1cm long on the VF-1J DX stands. Is that the same as the SV-262 standing and banking adapters? If so, I plan to put in an order to give it a try.

That sounds about right, but I can double check and get back to you. Thanks for measuring. 

• 3 weeks later...