YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

2 hours ago, mickyg said:

Sorry about the spam, but thought this needed a separate post.

The SV-262 stand parts have a longer skirt than the VF-31 part, pictured above.  So while it will be able to fit over the Standing Adapter, it will not sit all the way in, due to that offset "kink" in the printed adapter.  I think it'll still fit enough to hold but I'd exercise caution with any orientation that will cause lateral stress to the joint.

Sorry, don't have the parts here or I'd show them fitted to better illustrate.

By the way, wonderful job on the new design, CY - the bevelled tab on the adapter now makes fitting these up to the stand parts soooo much easier!

Thanks mickyg for the info.  I hadn't tried the standing adapter with the 262 fighter mode cradle, I had only thought about the banking adapter when I had email CY. 

Thanks guys!  Still trying to figure out how I could do one inverted or at least have both on their sides so the canopies are facing each other.  The adapters aren't particularly tight for these things though and I'm almost certain the valk would just fall out of it.  The 262 is a definite, it's really just resting in the adapter "cradle."  So perhaps I should focus on the 31 as the cradle for it actually seems to grab hold of the contact points a lot more solidly.

19 hours ago, mickyg said:

Thanks guys!  Still trying to figure out how I could do one inverted or at least have both on their sides so the canopies are facing each other.  The adapters aren't particularly tight for these things though and I'm almost certain the valk would just fall out of it.  The 262 is a definite, it's really just resting in the adapter "cradle."  So perhaps I should focus on the 31 as the cradle for it actually seems to grab hold of the contact points a lot more solidly.

On 4/12/2017 at 3:15 AM, mickyg said:

IMG_20170412_131105.thumb.jpg.ff0aa7652fa299853d575b6d6213f412.jpg

Are you planning on doing this pose?

Macross+Delta+Teaser+poster.jpg

You mentioned you want one in inverted? If it's the VF-31, maybe Yeti can cook up with an adapter that can slot in a gap in-between the back plate and the charging pod?

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

bravo! thats a nice delta display! :clapping:

I wonder if its possible to display the lil drakens flying alongside too when they come out?

Should be if the pegs remain the same like the Ghosts set. Just noticed those arms are longer or have more pivot points than the ghosts so definitely possible with the pegged base Yetistand.

C9S3UvQV0AAgICs.jpg

On 14/04/2017 at 4:35 AM, no3Ljm said:

Are you planning on doing this pose?

Macross+Delta+Teaser+poster.jpg

You mentioned you want one in inverted? If it's the VF-31, maybe Yeti can cook up with an adapter that can slot in a gap in-between the back plate and the charging pod?

Sure am, Noel!

Now that I've seen it, it's not quite as extreme as I was originally thinking.  Still, going to be tricky to get any sort of angle approaching 90 with the standard Draken clear cradle.  I'll have to experiment a little to see what's possible.

EDIT:
Wow, make that anything approaching 45 degrees.  Just tried it and it comes unclipped very easily.  Seems the Draken is a bit top-heavy with reference to the mounting point on the bundled cradle.

Edited by mickyg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Working on getting the cabinet fully stocked and I'm probably a quarter of the way in this shot.

IMG_20170629_210217.thumb.jpg.897fa11a28e292f283632d2f3a7ea7b8.jpg

I love the flexibility the shelf adapter gives, especially for keeping the VF-27 really close the way it is. It's a bummer you pretty much have to use two arms, but I don't see any way to simplify. Hopefully the stress on the shelf that this lever arrangement applies, is safe. It certainly seems to be. 

Love it!

Looks awesome! I have had a detolf mount on each of the shelves in my detolf since I first made them last year. No concerns so far, and I don't expect there will be. Just to be safe, I wouldn't recommend branching off with dual arms and knuckles, as that would end up concentrating considerable weight to the edge of the glass.