YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

• 4 weeks later...

It was sitting there undisturbed for a couple of months. I came home earlier today and saw that my VF-19 was pointing upwards and saw the break. Must have happened while I was out.

Sound booster does add a lot of weight to the VF-19 backside so I was probably pushing my luck with it.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

It was sitting there undisturbed for a couple of months. I came home earlier today and saw that my VF-19 was pointing upwards and saw the break. Must have happened while I was out.

Sound booster does add a lot of weight to the VF-19 backside so I was probably pushing my luck with it.

That sucks. I will alter the adapter to help support the weight.

Realised I posted into the wrong thread concerning the topic.

Yeti or anyone else, would you know how well does the included stand connector for the VF-31J fit with your stand arms?

Essentially, does anyone know if the included display connector enormously bulky?

I don't have a VF-31 on hand right now but it should fit with the stand arms using the DX adapters. To me it looks similar to the VF-25 display adapters but molded in clear so if you wanna see how it would look like either look earlier in this thread or there is one pic on his website www.yetistand.com

Here's a pic from Lolicon from the VF-31 thread:

31081246253_004e8b4b56_h.jpg

ChaoticYeti's:

fEfIumXh.jpg

7R7Mrd1h.jpg

fceO5NBh.jpg

Q8iHRprh.jpg

44sX3UEh.jpg

Just as an update, I have everything back in stock except the Alpha stands. I am still looking for an alternative vendor to cut the 9mm acrylic, and it is proving less common than I thought.

www.yetistand.com

I only recently found those detolf mounts on your site. That's really clever. I was thinking of getting a larger display case that's 48" wide which makes my fishing line trick no longer viable. I think this might solve the problem when I finally do get a new display. How snug does the mount fit on the detolfs? Could it fit over glass that's 1/4" thick or is that too thick for these mounts?

Totally do-able. I am pretty bummed that Glowforge didn't work out. The whole point of offering laser etching was to be able to do it on the fly per customers requests. Delta seems like a no brainer etching to go with. Maybe I will put a GI in the for sale thread and see how many people would buy a batch. Pre-pay, and I will ship when they come in from vendor.

On 1/16/2017 at 7:04 PM, ChaoticYeti said:

Just as an update, I have everything back in stock except the Alpha stands. I am still looking for an alternative vendor to cut the 9mm acrylic, and it is proving less common than I thought.

www.yetistand.com

Any ETA on when you will have more alpha stands in stock?

On 1/17/2017 at 9:40 PM, ChaoticYeti said:

They are snug, but not overly tight. I can make some of them altered to 1/4" on the nose, if you want.

So I put together my new display case yesterday. I measured the thickness of the glass shelves and my digital calipers read 5.71mm, so about 6mm. Is that still doable?

7 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

So I put together my new display case yesterday. I measured the thickness of the glass shelves and my digital calipers read 5.71mm, so about 6mm. Is that still doable?

I can do that. If you are ready, go through the process of ordering what you want on www.yetistand.com. Than just leave a note in your order about changing the detlof mount to fit the 5.71mm shelf. Do you want me to do 5.85mm, or 6mm just to be safe and not too snug?

Edited by ChaoticYeti

40 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

I can do that. If you are ready, go through the process of ordering what you want on www.yetistand.com. Than just leave a note in your order about changing the detlof mount to fit the 5.71mm shelf. Do you want me to do 5.85mm, or 6mm just to be safe and not too snug?

Alright. I'll order a few at 5.85mm first to see how it fits. Thanks very much!

• 2 weeks later...

I got the modified detolf mounts yesterday. It fits just about perfectly! Slides snugly over the shelf glass. Thanks, Yeti, especially for making the modifications!

I did some rearranging after putting them in.BJnJX_dZkySW-VjtOmmns6A8cM0HzkylAiOWsKFB

It makes the display where they are used look much cleaner compared to the Bandai stands, especially since the arms blend right in, and allows for me to put stuff under them also. Plus it doesn't block the view of things from above or the light like the Bandai stands do. The underside mounting was more difficult though. The only valk I could mount with a single arm was the RVF-171 due to the positioning of the mounting point being in the rear. The rest required two arms, with the horizontal arm needing to be the extra long version.

I will need to get more eventually!

Edit: for comparison purposes. Before and After. (changed Google photos image to attachment because Google photos seems to lose links and is a crappy service now).

20170208_014626.thumb.jpg.0e291f258b4c987f28e309c1aeb5c248.jpgDSC_6996.thumb.jpg.bd7c6dde76e48626406fee5e28a569ef.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

8 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Looks great MJ! What type of display case did you get? I'm always on the look out for cases but shipping to here kills it.

This is what I got.

Frameless Wallcase Full Vision

The low price helped to offset the $200 shipping. It was shipped on a pallet through a freight service and was 400 lbs. I had been looking for a good case for years at a decent price and that was the place with the lowest price for a case like that that I could find.