YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

• 2 weeks later...

Itching to use the CODE... But the Alpha stand is sold out. Any idea on when more will become available?

They are currently sold out, and I am trying really hard to NOT order more from the vendor. I am expecting my laser cutter to arrive in late December. There have always been issues with the thicker 9mm acrylic cut from my vendor. Quite a bit of wasted product, and I end up paying for most of it. Might I ask what you would like to display on a YetiStand? The Beta's work quite well, and I have those in stock.

They are currently sold out, and I am trying really hard to NOT order more from the vendor. I am expecting my laser cutter to arrive in late December. There have always been issues with the thicker 9mm acrylic cut from my vendor. Quite a bit of wasted product, and I end up paying for most of it. Might I ask what you would like to display on a YetiStand? The Beta's work quite well, and I have those in stock.

Looking to do this identical base setup(see below) Except with 1 Arcadia VF and two Bandai DXs. following that recipe with the elbows and the arms. Dont think this would work on the Beta as the connection point for that is offset, kinda wanting the center mounted look as well.

16181900820_dd6a952375_b.jpg

Edited by ayaxr

I apologize for any inconvenience, but even if you waited until after the sale it will be worth it to get Alpha's cut by me vs me ordering more now.

That image you posted with the valks you are wanting to display makes sense for an Alpha.

I received an email this morning stating the laser cutter will be delayed another 6 months. This is the third such delay. I have canceled my order with glowforge.

I am looking into alternatives.

I will look into ordering another batch of Alpha's.

Bummer, man. I totally understand though. Any word on why such delays?

Glowforge forums are ablaze. Glowforge isn't being very clear as to why the sudden need for another lengthy delay. Lots of apologizes, but they had "we are on track" statements the week of Thanksgiving. If they were ramping up to deliver 1,000's of units by the end of December, they would have known about this most recent delay awhile ago. I have lost faith in it.

That's sucks to hear. If you went with one of the big companies instead of a glowforge pro I wonder if you would've recoup your investment costs by now? How long has it been 2+years now?

Maybe something like this?

I would have been better off buying a Made in China laser cutter from eBay at this point.

I'll look at the link. Thank you.

This seems pretty shady:

"Hello,

This is an automated message from Glowforge Owners Forum to let you know that your account has been temporarily placed on hold as a precautionary measure.

Please do continue to browse, but you won't be able to reply or create topics until a staff member reviews your most recent posts. We apologize for the inconvenience.

For additional guidance, refer to our community guidelines.".

I have never posted on the forum, but I was sent this shortly after canceling my pre-order with them. I suppose they don't want people to see how many others are canceling. Can't post or comment.

Edited by ChaoticYeti