YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Just got my first Yeti stand. I have to say these things are awesome. Very versatile and the quality is second to none. Tamashii, take your Trident stands and scrap 'em.

2016-08-06 00.27.14.jpg

2016-08-06 00.27.24.jpg

Looking forward to HM-R attachments!

Hey arbit, thats the display i need for my shelves. Which part you got to mount all 3 valks

Hey arbit, thats the display i need for my shelves. Which part you got to mount all 3 valks

This was the set up recommended by Yeti:

1x YetiStand Alpha

1x Dual Arm

1x XL Arm

1x Knuckle

3x DX Banking adapters.

Revisiting the weapon rack idea. This is a much easier print, and it works really well. This is a first print. Design may change.

SFgpS6jh.jpg

Z0XurV2h.jpg

9SQ8CAoh.jpg

qYZPe3Jh.jpg

Very nice! Do those peg holes fit standard Tamashii stage arms? I think I remember reading something about that somewhere but can't find it atm.

On that topic and another suggestion, it would be nice to have an adapter that plugs into the bottom of Tamashii stages so they can be used on your arms.

Rack folds and locks together. No need for glue. Printing some more now. Will be up on the webstore in the near future.

AvC9Gtih.jpg

vzmG6Fch.jpg

cV9TXWEh.jpg

How could I forget about the second bazooka!?

UUSM7qfh.jpg

wseZhgAh.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

This is really easy to drill a clean peg into acrylic, you should use only the wood drill bit, at low speed preferably.

Whats a good slow speed drill for plastic?

I have a Dremmel. It is way too fast and melts model plastic.

But I think the Dremmel will be fine for the strong acrylic in the Yeti Stand.

Edited by arbit

Updated my wall mount with some new parts (just for the 1S). It's subtle but makes a huge difference for the better to me!

Macross_DSC04332_zpsooz1werm.jpg

Macross_DSC04331_zpsqkcipixb.jpg

I was wondering now, do you think the wall mount would support 5 Valks if I added a dual arm to each side? I think the anchor to the wall is solid, just not sure about the bend strength of the acrylic being pulled down with all that weight.

Thanks yet again Yeti!

Edited by Slave IV

Yeti, I'm about to get a Yeti Beta stand engraved with a few accessories, looks great and I have a few Valks that I want to prop up on it.

I also build a lot of MG Gundams, I saw that on your site what you offer for Gundam are limited to metal builds and PG. It would be awesome if you could provide an adapter that has the same top recessed square connection as the Bandai Action Base 1 which then would allow any MG kit to be propped up on it as well. It would also open up possibilities for the 1/72 Macross kits as well.

Example of the peg I mention: - This base isn't that bad but its very basic and doesn't provide the freedom that yours does.
10078485a3.jpg

Whats a good slow speed drill for plastic?

I have a Dremmel. It is way too fast and melts model plastic.

But I think the Dremmel will be fine for the strong acrylic in the Yeti Stand.

Yeah dremel bits are too small, I just use a classic drilling machine, the ones used to make holes in the wall, make a small hole with a cutter where you want to drill, engage the wood drill bit in the hole and go slowly.

Yeti, I'm about to get a Yeti Beta stand engraved with a few accessories, looks great and I have a few Valks that I want to prop up on it.

I also build a lot of MG Gundams, I saw that on your site what you offer for Gundam are limited to metal builds and PG. It would be awesome if you could provide an adapter that has the same top recessed square connection as the Bandai Action Base 1 which then would allow any MG kit to be propped up on it as well. It would also open up possibilities for the 1/72 Macross kits as well.

Example of the peg I mention: - This base isn't that bad but its very basic and doesn't provide the freedom that yours does.

10078485a3.jpg

If you can send measurements or a sample I'm sure he can make one.

Yep, just let me know the size you need. I did make some gundam adapters awhile back for a board member. I believe these are 5mm square pegs. If that is what you are looking for, I will put them up on the webstore.

fk1FONAh.jpg

Can you afford a drill press? Even a cheap one would be better than trying to free hand it.

Yeah dremel bits are too small, I just use a classic drilling machine, the ones used to make holes in the wall, make a small hole with a cutter where you want to drill, engage the wood drill bit in the hole and go slowly.

Thanks for the advice guys. Wouldn't want to take a hack saw to this without knowing what I'm doing.

10078485a3.jpg

http://www.yetistand.com/product/gundam-model-kit-5mm-square-hole-adapter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The standard yamato/Arcadia adapter works fine with yeti parts (you can connect it to the ya banking or ya standing parts )

I think he just offer it as an option and I believe it has advantages over the original. As long as he can improve the stock adapter, he will design and it print it. (Similar case as well to yf29 dx adapters)

One of the other reason I believe, is that when you use the stock adapters from the Yamato figure and attached it to Yeti stand via his YA standing adapters, it's blocking the Gunpod's nozzle clearance. Hence, his option adapter.

Following photos I've found online that's using the original adapters. Credits to the owners.

15832998943_918b0c64b7_c.jpg
Arcadia VF-1S with Yamato Strike Parts, Yamato VF-1A Mass Production Version, Wave SDF-1 by Bashing Kits, on Flickr

15689710534_711b1db552_c.jpg
Yamato VF-1J, VF-1A, VF-1A Valkyries by Bashing Kits, on Flickr

16915308346_5ff82a6297_c.jpg
Vermillion Squad. Yamato VF-1J and VF-1A Valkyries. by Bashing Kits, on Flickr

15811380064_0e15d458ac_z.jpg

Compared to Yeti's optional adapters:

16181900820_dd6a952375_c.jpg
VF-1S Strike Valkyries - Focker x Jenius x Ichijo by Projekt:ZeroThree, on Flickr

16183403667_65cdd6e6be_c.jpg
VF-1S Strike Valkyries - Focker x Jenius x Ichijo by Projekt:ZeroThree, on Flickr

16183403807_376dab6cf4_c.jpg

It's just a matter of preference. I think the one Yeti sells allows the gunpod to be shown thru the adapter versus having it blocked with the stock Yamato/Arcadia adapter. Plus I think it had something to do with the supers on.

Edit: Noeljm posted all that before my fat fingers could finish this.

Edited by wmkjr