YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Change of plans on the wall mounts. I received an update on the laser cutter. Pushed back till December.... This is gonna change a few things. I will order some laser cut wall mounts, and I will be taking off the "limited availability" from the Beta's. I was hoping to have the laser cutter in hand next month. I am not sure how to work out the logistics of offering custom laser etching on the Beta's. With my own laser cutter I could etch whatever and whenever. It is much more expensive to order laser cutting one piece at a time from the vendor. For now I guess I will just have to guess at what people want. I will also take suggestions.

3 blank Beta's, and 2 kites are left.

trying to figure out what all went into that 3-valk beta display... (1) beta, (3) elbow, (1) knuckle, (2) extra arms, (3) v2 yamato/arcadia adapters, and then whatever YA standing or banking adapters?

Lol I wish you had bundles for this.

Quick question on the Betas, will they eventually have the holes for the auxiliary stands? I haven't ordered anything from you yet, and I feel bad about commenting without supporting your work.

It's just hard to buy the ancillary bits for a hobby you know? I need to buy foam for my miniature cases, stands for my valks, display case for my hobbies...

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

trying to figure out what all went into that 3-valk beta display... (1) beta, (3) elbow, (1) knuckle, (2) extra arms, (3) v2 yamato/arcadia adapters, and then whatever YA standing or banking adapters?

Lol I wish you had bundles for this.

Bundles... I could do that, and people have asked in the past. My issue with doing that is I just come up with this on the fly to fit a particular idea in my head. I would rather people understand the system. I'd be more than willing to add bundles, but what would they be? I wouldn't call anything I have done as standard. I have been working on a gallery page with parts lists under the pictures. The problem is the site I am using doesn't allow me to add all of those pieces to the cart in one go. That would be ideal. I haven't looked at it in awhile, though.

The part list for the setup on the kite beta is:

1x YetiStand Beta

1x Knuckle

1x Dual Arm

2 x Elbows

2x Extra Arms

3x YA Standing Adapters

1x v2 VF-1 Fighter Adapter

The Beta comes with 1x Elbow, and 1x XL Arm

Quick question on the Betas, will they eventually have the holes for the auxiliary stands? I haven't ordered anything from you yet, and I feel bad about commenting without supporting your work.

It's just hard to buy the ancillary bits for a hobby you know? I need to buy foam for my miniature cases, stands for my valks, display case for my hobbies...

I can add the holes to the Beta's. I simply haven't added that option yet because I assumed I would have my laser cutter in June, and I was only planning on cutting 1-2 batches of Beta's from the vendor for now. Re-thinking things now that the laser cutter is delayed.

I can add the holes to the Beta's. I simply haven't added that option yet because I assumed I would have my laser cutter in June, and I was only planning on cutting 1-2 batches of Beta's from the vendor for now. Re-thinking things now that the laser cutter is delayed.

I'm not ready t purchase at this stage so, no need to do that on my account. Good to know that you have that in mind for when you begin production yourself.

I have been working on a gallery page with parts lists under the pictures. The problem is the site I am using doesn't allow me to add all of those pieces to the cart in one go. That would be ideal. I haven't looked at it in awhile, though.

Yep even just a parts list for the examples you have would be amazingly helpful. The additional functionality would be icing on top but not necessary. But as you can see just from my attempts at deciphering what parts were in your pictures it can still be confusing when trying to identify an elbow here and there versus a knuckle, depending on angle of the pic.

Last call for user designs on the beta's. Shoot me a pm before EoD with your requested designs. Please don't ask about kite's and SMS. I will order a few of those as well. Please only submit a design if you are intending to purchase it when available.

Awesome! I am glad they made it to you safely. Thanks for posting pics! Pretty much what you expected? Any revelations?

I know. Remember the VF-0 hip joint replacement mail? It went to a different building address. Atleast this time it ends up in the correct building address. ^_^

Yup. I'm really glad I bought a set finally. The Alpha supposed to be for my YF-19 and YF-21. But I remember that I put away the boxes and all the adaptors are inside. I might put them this weekend along with their respective Fast Packs and Fold Boosters. ;) As for the Beta, I will set it up in my workplace with the Yamato VF-0S. Will post pics soon of the Beta. ;)

By the way, I thought the Beta also comes with the silicon caps. And I was surprise to see that it was included as well. Though your instructions shows how to put them and I was looking for the 'how-to-place' guide thingy from the drawing and I can't seem to find it. Was it included as well? Anyways, all in all, it was good. Hope to save more moolah so I can buy more next time. I'm also trying to find a way for you to have a guide for the Megahouse Orguss figures display stand adaptors since I don't like the connectors that came with the figure set. Anyways, will let you know soon.

Again, thanks so much! :)

Did you not get a sheet of feet for your beta?

I found the silicon cap sheets afterwards when I was checking all the items. ;) The thing that I was looking for was the 'placement guide' thingy from your instruction manual on how to place properly those silicon caps in the side corners of the base. I assumed the instruction was just for the Alpha and not for the Beta(?). Anyways, it's not a biggie. ^_^ I'm just glad that the silicon caps was not attached to the Beta stands. Atleast I can check my work table first if it's too slippery without the silicon caps on the Beta first. Will let you know. ;)

I found the silicon cap sheets afterwards when I was checking all the items. ;) The thing that I was looking for was the 'placement guide' thingy from your instruction manual on how to place properly those silicon caps in the side corners of the base. I assumed the instruction was just for the Alpha and not for the Beta(?). Anyways, it's not a biggie. ^_^ I'm just glad that the silicon caps was not attached to the Beta stands. Atleast I can check my work table first if it's too slippery without the silicon caps on the Beta first. Will let you know. ;)

Ahhhh. Correct. I have been putting the guides in with the Alpha's, but didn't think the Beta's needed it since I rounded the corners. It was never necessary to use the guide. I just thought it may be helpful. You didn't get one because you got a pre-assembled Alpha, right? I look forward to more pictures!

Ahhhh. Correct. I have been putting the guides in with the Alpha's, but didn't think the Beta's needed it since I rounded the corners. It was never necessary to use the guide. I just thought it may be helpful. You didn't get one because you got a pre-assembled Alpha, right? I look forward to more pictures!

Hey Yeti. Yeah, I got my Alpha pre-assembled. Thanks! Will post some Beta photos later. ;)

couple questions:

1. is there an ETA on a restock of the Alpha bases?

2. I want to do a set up with 3 mac+ valks (Yamato VF-11B, Yamato YF-21, Arcadia YF-19) on one stand, all in fighter mode. are these the right parts or do I need something else:

1x Alpha stand

1x Dual arm

1x Knuckle

2x XL arm

3x YA banking Adapter

1x Arcadia YF-19 flight stand adapter.

couple questions:

2. I want to do a set up with 3 mac+ valks (Yamato VF-11B, Yamato YF-21, Arcadia YF-19) on one stand, all in fighter mode. are these the right parts or do I need something else:

1x Alpha stand

1x Dual arm

1x Knuckle

2x XL arm

3x YA banking Adapter

Those parts will get you there. I have more stands set to arrive early next week. I am also going to be watching inventory more closely. I was trying to phase everything out, as I expected my laser cutter next month, but I will be stocking from a vendor for the time being.

couple questions:

1x Alpha stand

1x Dual arm

1x Knuckle

2x XL arm

3x YA banking Adapter

Thats just about exactly what I did. FYI I cant get it on one Detolof shelf its taking up two.

image.jpg1_zpsbpijslfv.jpg

Got mine last week and I had a good time putting them together. They're slightly bigger than I thought they would be (using Bandai's Action Base 1 as a reference point) and the solid material makes them very sturdy. I noticed some etching issues on my Kite base but didn't notice any issues with the rest of the acrylic pieces. I didn't realize the peg for Arcadia's flight mode mounts run perpendicular to the length of the plane, so I ended up using twice as many elbow joints as I initially allotted for. Seems like the center design with a forward oriented mount is more practical in a simplistic sense. Over all, they're fantastic and I want to buy more 1/60s to use 'em all up.

27083836965_3754d794a0_b.jpg

27050686956_877cea077c_b.jpg

Awesome pics! A Standing adapter would resolve your issue of needing the extra elbow.

http://www.yetistand.com/product/ya-standing-adapter

Do you have a picture of the defect on the laser etching?

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Yeti does it again!

I really liked the Armored Klan figure from Mega House, but I absolutely hated the rickety triple stand system it used. It was a pain getting everything lined up and leveled, and god help you if you should ever need to move the damn thing.

No more! The new beta stand was just what I needed to breathe new life into a figure I had given up on and put away into storage. And the SMS etching is icing on the cake!

Best stands ever.

klan%2001_zpsofcbqme7.jpg

klan%2002_zpsmtvz4pp7.jpg

klan%2003_zpsuoi4stxb.jpg

klan%2004_zpsrw2leoev.jpg

Here's my Kite, sorry for the crummy photo...

F1uaqgd.png

Seems like areas where the laser skipped a beat while going through its motions. I'm guessing the non-perfect edges are just due to the resolution of the laser?

There are also some weird bumps that you can see in the middle, and to the top right. Not sure what might've caused that, debris from the etching maybe?

Not trying to complain, just thought it would be helpful info as you start to move 'em into production.

Very helpful. I did a spot check on a few, but not all. I have another batch due in early next week. I will look them all over when they arrive. I apologize for the blemish. Another reason why I am eagerly awaiting my own laser cutter. No one is gonna care about the product that goes out as much as me. This is a QC issue and if it exists in the next batch I will contact them and see what the issue is. It should be the same process used on the circle etchings I drew for the joints for over a year. Those have always looked clean, and thorough.

Once you get your own laser cutter, what's the likelihood of a reduction in price? I've been promoting your stands to my robot toy aficionado friends and they've all been impressed, but the cost can get prohibitive, especially if you need more than the minimum base + arm.

Well, I'm sure once you've got your cutter, it'll be easier to produce one-off test samples to try out different designs, so that'd probably help expand the line to cover all kinds of needs and price points.

PS: I picked up some Plasti-Dip the other day and the weather's going to be nicer this weekend, so I'll be able to mod those 1/6 claws. I'll post a photoreport early next week.

I won't be able to comment on price reductions until I have the laser in hand and have some time to test it out. Any increase in margins may go towards better packaging, or free shipping depending on order total. Both have been critiqued since starting the webstore.

In the end all I want is to be able to offer the best product possible. I don't want to start compromising that in order to sell the stands at a cheaper price.

No worries, I totally feel ya on not wanting to sacrifice quality for cost. Your stands are beasts and the premium price reflects that. But even getting the Beta down to $30 would be amazing. I'm definitely still looking forward to what else you've got up your sleeve.

Anyway, report time. I uploaded my photos to an imgur album; trying to get them presentable on the forum is taking more effort than usual.

The new Beta Stands are rock solid, there's essentially no more flex at the bend. And did you decide to no longer use the rubber feet on the Betas? It solves the balance issues on the bend end, but now the base is directly on your display surface. Doesn't really bother me, but I don't know about everyone else.

The new Bandai Action Stand adapter is pretty much perfect. Fit is tight, size and shape are just right.

I modified the 1/6 claws so its not bare ABS on the figure. On one, I used spray adhesive and some anti-skid mat (rubbery foam stuff I picked up at Harbor Freight some time back). On the other, 3 coats of Plasti Dip. The Plasti Dip is nice and grippy and has a little bit of give compared to the bare ABS, but its still pretty hard. Its also a magnet for dust and lint and I'm not sure how well it'll hold up against the finish of your collectible in the long term. It was also relatively easy to apply -- I'm totally rubbish at crafts (even though I build models) and I was able to get a decent application. The skid mat has just as much grip but is softer and there's little risk of rubbing off paint/finish. However, it wasn't easy to apply and runs the risk of the adhesive separating. Neither of these methods are perfect, but still better than nothing. Hopefully it gives you some insight on ideas for the future.

I used my SOC Daimos as the guinea pig for the claw test. He's got a good bit of heft with essentially solid diecast waist and thighs. I also test fit the claws on my MP-10 and Apollyon and they held, so if they could hold my Daimos upside-down, there shouldn't be any problem with MP TFs that don't have a specific Yeti Adapter. There were a lot of things they didn't work with due to ridiculous back kibble robots tend to have.

I also tried the smaller claw you sent. Again, too small for most of my stuff, but it does work with 1/100 gunpla as an alternative to the Action Base adapters. I'd say the limit on those small claws would be maybe a 1.5-2" wide waist.

Cmal, thanks for the info, and for trying the extra stuff on the 1/6 arms. Your beta's should have come with the silicone feet in a baggie. Please check your packaging again, and if it is missing I can send you a sheet. Great pics, too!

Here's my Kite, sorry for the crummy photo...

Seems like areas where the laser skipped a beat while going through its motions. I'm guessing the non-perfect edges are just due to the resolution of the laser?

There are also some weird bumps that you can see in the middle, and to the top right. Not sure what might've caused that, debris from the etching maybe?

Not trying to complain, just thought it would be helpful info as you start to move 'em into production.

From what I have seen demonstrated, the laser cutter I am expecting should be able to create a sharper etch. I apologize for the missed areas on your etched base. I have another batch set to arrive tomorrow from the vendor, and if that continues to be an issue, I will mention it.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

I won't be able to comment on price reductions until I have the laser in hand and have some time to test it out. Any increase in margins may go towards better packaging, or free shipping depending on order total. Both have been critiqued since starting the webstore.

In the end all I want is to be able to offer the best product possible. I don't want to start compromising that in order to sell the stands at a cheaper price.

Do something about the shipping first, its a killer to Canada . Even more than the cost of the stands itself.

Cmal, thanks for the info, and for trying the extra stuff on the 1/6 arms. Your beta's should have come with the silicone feet in a baggie. Please check your packaging again, and if it is missing I can send you a sheet. Great pics, too!

Not at all, man. You've got a great product and I want to see it succeed, so I'm glad I could be of some help. I double-checked the box and the bubble wrap, but I didn't see any feet. Its not a big deal, I'll just ask for an extra set the next time I put in an order.

Do something about the shipping first, its a killer to Canada . Even more than the cost of the stands itself.

Yeah I notice that too on his website. Sad to say, the shipping cost to Canada is really a lot compared here locally. But what I think here is that Yeti uses is already flat rate price on the shipping for international. For sure if you buy more than one set you already saving a lot on the shipping cost. Buying only a set is not worth it I guess. But buying 2 stands the most going to Canada probably is the best solution.

Flat Rate has gone up. I have tried a few things lately, and can ship a few stands for $20-$30 internationally through first class. I will be adjusting the webstore this week.

I have regularly shipped as requested by buyers and refunded partial shipping fees. Just let me know with a note when you order and I can compare the cost of flat rate vs first class.

Edited by ChaoticYeti