YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

They seem to have been received well. I am redesigning the pivot point on the base taking into consideration some critique/concerns. I should have my laser cutter in hand around June. I would certainly order another batch before than if there is interest.

If you think the re-design will be stronger, I'm willing to wait, but I would certainly buy the existing design if you restock before that. I know I was one of those who voiced concern with the strength of the folded over joint, but it still looks great, and I love how my VF-11B looks on it.

Shoot me an email if you'd like to borrow my VF-2.

Edited by Busted VF1A

There were no failures with the first beta's. Someone just made the suggestion that I make the area that bends wider.

wouldn't the thickness of the acrylic being used have more of an effect on the strength than the width of the tab? Is it possible to use the same thickness acrylic that the alpaha base is made from? I think that would make the tab much stronger even without a redesign.

(I really am trying to be helpful, but I tend word things badly)

wouldn't the thickness of the acrylic being used have more of an effect on the strength than the width of the tab? Is it possible to use the same thickness acrylic that the alpaha base is made from? I think that would make the tab much stronger even without a redesign.

(I really am trying to be helpful, but I tend word things badly)

I don't have a setup that would do a good job of bending acrylic that thick. That was the major factor in using 5.6mm acrylic on the beta, otherwise I would have stuck with 9mm.

That's is something I have been kicking around for awhile. I would love to have something programmatic. At the moment I am simply responding to emails with these questions posed, and assisting people in planning their orders. Are you a programmer?

geez sorry for the delay in response. no i'm just a systems engineer. but i do have friends that program / design web interfaces that could help you out.. doesnt have to be that elaborate. could just be a simple design tree with link clicks...

the beta stands look pretty good- have options for base etching? (skull logo, or VF-XX or etc vs the yeti logo?)

Just updated the webstore with a new item. The Lego Millenium Falcon mount is good to go.

http://www.yetistand.com/product/75105-7965-lego-millennium-falcon

i recommended your stand to basically the entire gundam subreddit yeti. Consider this an even bigger thank you for solving the headache that was having my VF-0D fall over for the millionth time and giving my VF-4G a gloriously sexy place to soar I will keep buying from you whenever i can. Love your stuff dude

Edited by Carceroth

i recommended your stand to basically the entire gundam subreddit yeti. Consider this an even bigger thank you for solving the headache that was having my VF-0D fall over for the millionth time and giving my VF-4G a gloriously sexy place to soar I will keep buying from you whenever i can. Love your stuff dude

Awesome! Working on some more Gundam model adapters with a member here as well.

I'll have to see. That area is a plastic-wrapped piece of diecast parts, and the screws/metal are such that it's in the "once it's together, it's never coming apart again" category. (Not without making it so they'll never be tight again). But I'll give it a look. Legs come off easily, but chest/torso wiring has always been a big issue with disassembling that one. May be able to do "ribcage down" easily enough.

I'll have to see. That area is a plastic-wrapped piece of diecast parts, and the screws/metal are such that it's in the "once it's together, it's never coming apart again" category. (Not without making it so they'll never be tight again). But I'll give it a look. Legs come off easily, but chest/torso wiring has always been a big issue with disassembling that one. May be able to do "ribcage down" easily enough.

Well, you could send as much as you are willing too. The PG GP-01 was easy enough to design an adapter for that attaches to the rear crotch armor piece. I was assuming something similar could be done after looking at pictures of the PG Wing. I am open to suggestions, and as always, if you collaborate on making an adapter I will send you one for free.

I've done a review of some custom adapters for mounting regular model kits. CY sent the out for me to evaluate a few months back and I've only just now managed to get the review up. Check it out HERE.

Edited by mickyg

• 2 weeks later...

I responded to someone with this picture, and they said it was for regular Battroid. Mine came with an Armored Battroid adapter, and a naked Battroid adapter. Just curious if people are missing one. I have looked at making one that clips on the backpack, but I found it to be much more garish than a set of open wings.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Hi Yeti, does the Macross adapters on your website comes in clear acrylic like the rest of the base?

No. All of the adapters are 3d printed with opaque plastic filament. I currently do not have the capability to print in clear acrylic.

Did you ever end up getting that laser cutter?

I got an update earlier this week. I was suppose to be receiving it in June. That has now been pushed back to Dec 2016. As annoying as that is, I am still sticking with it.

Looking for a few people to work with on custom etched designs on the Beta's. I will be covering the cost of the laser etching, but you will have to pay for everything else as per usual. You must have the ability to take good pictures and share them on the forums. You must be able to provide the designs you would like to have laser etched into the bases. The base is a 7" hexagon, so your submitted art must fit within that. Vector art will work best. There will be a 1-2 week lead time on your orders. I would like to order them in denominations of 10, as that best utilizes the material. That is not to say one person has to order 10, or that there has to be 10 of the same design. It would just work out best if the handful of people that order add up to a multiple of ten bases in total.

These designs are for your own personal use. I will not be offering them to others without your permission. I am just testing the waters and checking interest. You are not filling my library :)

PM me if you are interested. I will post a note when I am no longer taking these special orders for now.

UISQu9Eh.jpg

Edit:

Also, as a note, I have revised the "neck" of the beta pivot. There have been no failures of the previous design, but I revised this based on the concern expressed here.

jPYXCZmh.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Well I've been playing with the beta and my new case and I think I've pushed it as far as I'm going to.

I have the say the Beta is perfect for single valk display but it can be pushed to do so much more.

This is the current configuration with three vf-1 60s on one arm. I was playing with it before this and had three 22s on but i didn't take a pic. I plan on buying more as soon as there available and will set the 22s up again for photos, along with that I plan on trying 48s as well with and without fast packs. :)

IMG_4990_zps3u5wzhz4.jpg

IMG_4989_zpsdkomp6gt.jpg

Edited by hal9000

New stock should arrive on Monday. I had more Beta stands cut, and laser etched a few of them with something I think you guys might like. Here are a few pics of the v1 Beta stand. There was a concern voiced over the strength of the base pivot. I increased the neck for a v2 Beta, which is what will be in stock on Monday. I just wanted to illustrate a setup using the v1 Beta.

s2c88nlh.jpg

dWdJpijh.jpg

t1yMCxzh.jpg

5QpwGEdh.jpg

Sfd0EkUh.jpg

FCLXa4xh.jpg

X4lwxldh.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti