YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Still holding. I have three 3x setups mounted. I did a 'lineage' type display. Three different valks, three different modes. I giggled when I saw the VF-19 was stable with two elbows.

1G46oWUh.jpgKHvH9GKh.jpg

3mFM6ddh.jpg

40XdpGWh.jpg

mWMa6e1h.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

For people who rent, I have an idea: mount the base to a small piece of wood (think of it as a plaque) and then 3M command adhesive the wood to the wall. The plaque can be thin and as small as necessary to spread the load and give enough surface for the adhesives to grip properly.

Although perhaps with that arrangement, you may as well adhesive mount a standard Yeti Stand to the wall instead.

Edited by mickyg

For people who rent, I have an idea: mount the base to a small piece of wood (think of it as a plaque) and then 3M command adhesive the wood to the wall. The plaque can be thin and as small as necessary to spread the load and give enough surface for the adhesives to grip properly.

Although perhaps with that arrangement, you may as well adhesive mount a standard Yeti Stand to the wall instead.

Even if that is proven to work safely, I would not vouch for it. Just seems....unnatural. I would have to recommend that the mounts be mounted into the studs, or with the provided anchors.

That would look very, very nice!

Yeah, I wouldn't want to vouch for something using adhesive either, but that's because it's so variable and totally out of your ability to control. There's wall surface detail to deal with, paint application, cleanliness, to name but a few. And then there's also the fact that the weight is located quite far away from the point of contact with the wall, with the resulting lever action acting on the mount in a much different way to what a traditional weight on a mounting hook would entail.

Yeah, without a doubt, anchoring to a stud is much safer.

But I'm still tempted to try something with a safety mechanism to catch anything that might fall...

That would look very, very nice!

Yeah, I wouldn't want to vouch for something using adhesive either, but that's because it's so variable and totally out of your ability to control. There's wall surface detail to deal with, paint application, cleanliness, to name but a few. And then there's also the fact that the weight is located quite far away from the point of contact with the wall, with the resulting lever action acting on the mount in a much different way to what a traditional weight on a mounting hook would entail.

Yeah, without a doubt, anchoring to a stud is much safer.

You have adequately put words to my concerns.

Haven't been in here for a while. Some great developments have been happening!!!

With the wall mounts, something to consider is if they are clear, then you will be able to see the mounting plugs/holes underneath. It might be worth, if you are thinking of buying these, to do some research on the mounting solution prior. You would also have to be pretty neat drilling your holes.

Keep up the good work Yeti!

The mounting hardware I am supplying requires no drilling for dry wall installation. They wouldn't have to be clear either. Hell, none of the YetiStand stuff has to be clear anymore. It will all be made to order, and offering colors will most likely be an option asking with the custom laser engraving.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Have you thought about gluing the wall mount piece to the inside of Detolf cabinet? There the fall height wouldn't be as high as on walls of a room. You could even create a mount that attaches to the glass floors of the cabinet. Basically like a glove that wraps around the glass floors maybe with some rubber inlets so it is secured firmly to the floor.

Something like that:

post-18307-0-78888400-1447083210_thumb.png

So you could use the space for the walls and ceilings a bit better.

[edit:] the attachment for the arms should be either on the top or the bottom to work properly.

[edit2:] Since pixel art doesn't suffice my artistic needs I added a picture of the idea.

Edited by Scyla

Have you thought about gluing the wall mount piece to the inside of Detolf cabinet? There the fall height wouldn't be as high as on walls of a room. You could even create a mount that attaches to the glass floors of the cabinet. Basically like a glove that wraps around the glass floors maybe with some rubber inlets so it is secured firmly to the floor.

Something like that:

attachicon.giftest_attachment.png

So you could use the space for the walls and ceilings a bit better.

[edit:] the attachment for the arms should be either on the top or the bottom to work properly.

[edit2:] Since pixel art doesn't suffice my artistic needs I added a picture of the idea.

This is very doable. I don't have any detolfs. What is thickness of the shelf?

Yeti, let me know when these are ready for primetime so I can put my order in. Thanks.

I have been swamped with work. I'll take another pass at the model this weekend, and post progress.

I have been swamped with work. I'll take another pass at the model this weekend, and post progress.

I don't know I don't have one myself. I just thought it would be a cool idea that other might like. :)

I don't know I don't have one myself. I just thought it would be a cool idea that other might like. :)

I can measure the detolf shelf when I get home.

• 2 weeks later...

I certainly wasn't going shopping today so what better time to get an idea out of my head:)
FYI don't try and drill the IKEA glass it's tempered. :(

Edit, I fixed the orientation.

post-7418-0-00284000-1448681643_thumb.jpeg

Edited by hal9000

Oh, wow. Is your picture sideways? Either way, that's pretty cool. There are special drill bits for glass, tempered it otherwise. Be very careful. Looks great, though! Thanks for sharing.

Edited by ChaoticYeti