YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

wooooooffffff awesome fixture ideas yeti!

I would gather they will also work if the mount was hanging from the ceiling? sort of like an underside display or could we turn them over to display a barrel-roll across the ceiling?

that would be epic!!

A few of my valk specific adapters hold tight enough to do that. I wouldn't trust the bandai cradles upside down.

oh! definitely more than enough load rating!

Go big, or go home. You are already putting a hole in the wall. Might as well be a useful one.

A few of my valk specific adapters hold tight enough to do that. I wouldn't trust the bandai cradles upside down.

Go big, or go home. You are already putting a hole in the wall. Might as well be a useful one.

now that I think of it.. my mum has a huge and heavy mirror mounted on the wall and its gotta weigh something like 10+ kilo's at least! and its mounted using just one of those dry wall anchors with no problem! B))

Yea i suspect so too, but was thinking if there would be an upside down adapter solution tht would work! B))

Something that replaces the bandai ones.

Anyway just a tot on the barrel roll idea !

That adapters themselves will remain 3d printed, but all of the arms and such will be acrylic once I get my laser cutter in.

I see. So no chance of them being acrylic in the future with your laser cutter? You know, just to make everything 'clear'. Or the 3D print adapters are more sturdy somehow?

I see. So no chance of them being acrylic in the future with your laser cutter? You know, just to make everything 'clear'. Or the 3D print adapters are more sturdy somehow?

Laser cutting a material wouldn't make an adapter. Laser is 2d.

Laser cutting a material wouldn't make an adapter. Laser is 2d.

I see. Sorry for asking a lot. Not too familiar with these 3D print stuff and materials used. But I really appreciate the info and updates you've given us. Thanks Yeti! ;)

By the way, I've showed my wife the wall mount thing and she said it looks cool coz I've been telling her that I want to mount my Valks on the wall to save space. She just so worried that it might fall and she knows that I'm going to cry if that happens. Hahaha! :lol:

Y0Hy6LOl.jpg

Hi Yeti, I know this photo was from a year ago, but have you given any thought to making an adapter for the Arcadia "Yamato" bases like you did for the Bandai DX bases? For the longest time, I had my Yamato Valks sitting precariously on Action Bases with EXO's adapters, which wasn't bad but the weight distribution kept me from doing too much with posing. Then I got a few of those Arcadia bases last year and they're much studier but pretty static. I'm thinking of getting a few arms to Yeti-fy my DX bases so they can pose more dynamically, but I'd like to keep using the Arcadia bases because I like the storage compartments. What do you think?

Definitely. The wall mount would be clear acrylic.

Nice! But I meant making a new pivot mount for the Alpha Stands that has 3 points instead of one. Means a clear acrylic base, with a clear acrylic triple mounting point for the arms. It would save on the complexity of making 3 arms work with the current, single point only mounting point.

Nice! But I meant making a new pivot mount for the Alpha Stands that has 3 points instead of one. Means a clear acrylic base, with a clear acrylic triple mounting point for the arms. It would save on the complexity of making 3 arms work with the current, single point only mounting point.

Definitely. I can do that too. Honestly, having an in house laser cutter is gonna be a whole new venture for this stuff. Far easier to test new designs, and make requests.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Definitely. I can do that too. Honestly, having an in house laser cutter is gonna be a whole new venture for this stuff. Far easier to test new designs, and make requests.

Wow yeti,awesome shots!

You are opening up a whole new way to display here... I can imagine painting the wall (blue skies, moving ground) which would instantly bring out the display with background!

Or a mirror solution with a gap in the center where the wall mount goes, to show off the undersides of the valks flying on the wall..

nice! B))

Hi Yeti, I know this photo was from a year ago, but have you given any thought to making an adapter for the Arcadia "Yamato" bases like you did for the Bandai DX bases? For the longest time, I had my Yamato Valks sitting precariously on Action Bases with EXO's adapters, which wasn't bad but the weight distribution kept me from doing too much with posing. Then I got a few of those Arcadia bases last year and they're much studier but pretty static. I'm thinking of getting a few arms to Yeti-fy my DX bases so they can pose more dynamically, but I'd like to keep using the Arcadia bases because I like the storage compartments. What do you think?

Printing a test now.

G6gx3Zwl.jpg