YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

I saw only 8 left in the cart when I was trying to figure out how many I could order before the shipping cost went up. Is that built into the checkout process correctly yet?

Let me check.

Edit: Should be good. Inventory defaults to a set number since a lot of what I sell is 3d printed and I usually don't keep a sitting inventory other than spools of plastic.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

My in-laws are in town so as soon as I had mine out I had to put it away but if you've seen my Konig Monster review you might have caught this pic:

*snip*

That is awesome jenius! I have to track down the Robot Spirits 25F and 25G to display my monster like that. :D

These are great! I may order a set when I place my next order with you.

BjNnlxeh.jpg

Yeti, if you wouldn't mind doing a few measurements for me? I need to know the max height of a setup just like this (with the Bandai VF-19 if available) from the base to the top of the head lasers and with both a long arm and short arm. I am trying to see if I can use the DX starter kit in my Ikea Klingsbo cabinet.. it has a rather low shelf height which is what im concerned about..

Thanks mate! ^_^

This may help a little more.

qVhbPGCl.jpg

In its upright most position, the long arm and adapter is 1.5" taller than the bandai. The short arm is half the length of the long arm so it should be 2" shorter than the bandai arm. If your 19 fits with the bandai stand and has 1.5" clearance, you should be good. Keep in mind you could shorten the long arm by tilting it back/forward. A single short arm is probably too short for battroid, unless you are giving it a pretty wide stance, or walking/running pose.

Thanks for doing that Yeti! So yeah it would seem im still in a tricky place.. the long arm will be too long and the short arm too short.. hmmm is it possible to joint to short arms together so they could pivot for a little more a height adjustment?

You can join any number of arms together. That is one of the main features of the stands. Customization. :)

I was just having a look around your website and noticed there are extra arms you can buy. Are these extra arms (the $9 ones) the same length or shorter than the arm that comes in the DX starter kit? From the picture they look shorter but still hard to tell.

Edited by spanner76

I was just having a look around your website and noticed there are extra arms you can buy. Are these extra arms (the $9 ones) the same length or shorter than the arm that comes in the DX starter kit? From the picture they look shorter but still hard to tell.

The extra arm is 3.5", and the xl arm is 7".

Thanks for that mate! You see that XL arm is just way too long.. I was thinking of using two 3.5" arms which could pivot so I can adjust the height. I figured using the Bandai base section being physically smaller than the Yeti base would require the Valk to be centered more directly above to prevent too much weight shift and tip over?

But from my height calculations in order to display the VF19 in the lower Klingsbo shelves on the Yeti-Bandai combo I would need to pose the 19 a little more extreme and im not so sure I'd like that.

Can the Yeti Base adapter install the other way? You can have the pivot on the outside of the base, bring the arm curving down and forward over the center of the stand. Gives it a little less height.

Can the Yeti Base adapter install the other way? You can have the pivot on the outside of the base, bring the arm curving down and forward over the center of the stand. Gives it a little less height.

hehe! Get out of my head! I was thinking the very same thing just after I wrote my previous comment! ;)

Yeti will have to answer that question though..

It slides on the rails. There should be no reason why it wouldn't go the other way.

hehe! Get out of my head! I was thinking the very same thing just after I wrote my previous comment! ;)

Yeti will have to answer that question though..

Just order a few spanner. :D I fully endorse yetistands. Not that my endorsement means that much, but they are awesome!!

Just order a few spanner. :D I fully endorse yetistands. Not that my endorsement means that much, but they are awesome!!

hehe! :D Your endorsement should mean quite a bit actually considering the Yeti Stands are in most of those gorgeous photos you have taken! B))

But yeah im still thinking it over.. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I got them a few days ago. They're great!

What I am about to say is not a knock on Yeti Stands. I have a couple of pieces of advice for folks who get the conversion kits:

A) your Bandai bases are not as big as the full Yeti Stand base. They are not, I believe, as heavy as the Yeti Stand bases either. Do not get aggressive with the center of gravity for your pose;

B) make sure you tighten your nuts and bolts. A lot. More than I did. Finger tight is not enough. Use a wrench and a screwdriver. The inner rubber washer can compress. Compress it.

I say these things because I did not do these things. This is a case of operator error. I put my Armored VF-25F in a more aggressive pose than I could do with my stock stands. I used an Alan wrench screwdriver head and a hex socket to hand tighten my nuts and bolts. It held position long enough for me to walk across the room and put the tools away. And then I heard the sound of plastic hitting hardwood.

My heart jumped up into my throat. I'm not so macho as to say that I considered yelling, crying, and throwing things all at once. Fortunately, there is a couch in front of the mantelpiece where my Valks live. As best I can tell, when gravity overcame friction, the Valk landed on the couch. All the resulting kinetic energy caused every piece of armor to pop off the Valk. Seriously. I found the VF-25F on the floor, almost naked. The armor was scattered around it. Nothing was broken.

I went back, put everything back together, and used an actual Alan wrench and a screwdriver to tighten things down properly. My Armored Alto is back in his privileged place. He looks cooler than ever. I cannot wait to get more Yeti parts (including some full stands) and be more aggressive in my posing. I'm really happy that I was able to get my Yeti Stand collection started.

--G

Stability won't be as good. One of the benefits of the solid acrylic base is its weight. You could still get a decent amount of use out of the arms, it would just be less forgiving as far as balance is concerned.

:)

I need to check this thread more often; those dx starter sets with the 90 degree angle joint at the end are exactly what I need.

Edited by anime52k8

• 2 weeks later...

I really need to get a few of these for my Yamato Valks (VF-1, VF-11, and VF-19). I could also get the DX kits for my DX valks too, just to make them better.

You sure could! :)