YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Here's another, please excuse the camera phone pic. I'll take photobooth pics later.

My next creation. CY, these stands are addictive, I spent about 2.5 hours assembling/disassembling and tweaking to get the balance on this one right.

789574F5-72C0-4FDA-9EBC-F4319C1CA129_zps

Very nice indeed.

2.5 hours??!? Enjoy being single whilst you can man ;)

Very nice indeed.

2.5 hours??!? Enjoy being single whilst you can man ;)

Yep, I got into building a revising the initial configuration I had in my head. ^_^

Hahaha... yes, I am enjoying my time, because once I am not longer single I know I won't have the free time.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I just couldn't stop. It was a fun build. No panel lining or decals yet.

can't wait for the finished product :o do you weather as well? (just looking at the box pic) you seem skilled to able to do anything... like make your own stands B))

Edited by davidwhangchoi

can't wait for the finished product :o do you weather as well? (just looking at the box pic) you seem skilled to able to do anything... like make your own stands B))

Well, thank you for the compliment. I have never weathered a model this large. I did a lot of tabletop wargaming growing up. My favorite part of that was assembling the models and painting them. Knowing how much I would spend on a single unit, and multiplying that by the sheer surface area of the PG.... I am not going to tackle that any time soon. I have seen some really nice custom paint jobs on these, though. The internal armature is very detailed and would lend itself to washes and drybrushing to great effect.

I figured things would start to click for people once they got them in hand. I have hardware on order and plenty of adapters and extra arms to go around. Just pm me what you need.

I also placed an order for a good amount of stands, so I will have standing inventory in a few weeks.

Such happy news!

Hopefully, my bank account will be able to replenish in time. Christmas saw a VF-25F and Armor Parts appear under the tree. And then I talked my wife into picking up Luca and his entourage. Sadly, that kills my disposable income for January.

On a somewhat related note, has anyone asked you about doing an adapter for the Aoshima Tlead and Legioss? Sadly, I don't think it would be possible to do much more than a basic climbing flight pose. While I'd love the chance to show the figures in an aggressive bank, the way the figures connect probably wouldn't allow it.

This had to go on a stand. My wife found these for me BNIB for Christmas. I am a fan of Alien, and I do recall seeing these on the shelves in the 90's. Never knew what the deal was with them, since they didn't look like anything from the movies. Turns out Kenner was launching this toyline alongside a cartoon. The cartoon was canceled, but Kenner was knee deep in merchandise and released them anyways.

P4G7mKX.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Basically the best cartoon that never happened. I loved, and still love, my ALIENS figures. Check out the adverts from TV on YouTube because they're amazing! I wish I had gotten the micro machines from the movies, though. The dropship especially.