YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Oh Man!!! great versatility, how many days do we still wait for that stand XD ?

I was hoping to hear back from one of the vendors I am sourcing the hardware from. Probably early next week at this point.

So I got myself a medium bodied acrylic solvent so as to glue the yeti stand bits together but how is the best way to approach this without making a mess and ruining them?

I'm scared :(

I was thinking about doing a video, or pictorial to assist in doing this. What I like to do is apply it while the base pivot and base is assembled. Hold it bottoms up, and carefully and slowly pool it onto the tab from the bottom. The tab doesn't sit flush on the bottom, so there is a little "trough" you can carefully fill. The solvent typically seeps up the tab a bit. If it doesn't, you can pull it out a few millimeters and than re-seat it. The solvent will start to form a skin fairly quickly, so you need to do all of this in a short amount of time. "Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast". Try the solvent out on something else so you get an idea of the viscosity.

A video would be very helpful actually. I've been holding off because I'm expecting to make a gloppy mess.

Ok, I'll try and set something up.

The new arms add an amazing amount of options. Still trying out new ways to assemble the YetiStands.

Double decker

AuuMO1El.jpg

1tVaerml.jpg

The VF-11b arm does not come in contact with the YF-19. Perfect clearance.

tznjsFRl.jpg

P.S. I have decided to include one free adapter with each stand order (first run included 2). The more I thought about it, the more I couldn't rationalize omitting all adapters from the sale price of each stand. Elbows, extra arms, and extra adapters are still going to cost extra.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Yeti----any chance of including a schematic showing these configurations with the dual arm? I really like most every "double" you've shown and would like a reference sheet of them-----vs logging into MW every time and trying to find a certain pic again.

Yeti----any chance of including a schematic showing these configurations with the dual arm? I really like most every "double" you've shown and would like a reference sheet of them-----vs logging into MW every time and trying to find a certain pic again.

I'll work on that. Wouldn't be too time consuming to render out a few configurations.

Edit: once in hand, I am pretty sure people will come up with configurations I haven't thought of. There isn't a "wrong" way as long as it works for you.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

I was thinking about doing a video, or pictorial to assist in doing this. What I like to do is apply it while the base pivot and base is assembled. Hold it bottoms up, and carefully and slowly pool it onto the tab from the bottom. The tab doesn't sit flush on the bottom, so there is a little "trough" you can carefully fill. The solvent typically seeps up the tab a bit. If it doesn't, you can pull it out a few millimeters and than re-seat it. The solvent will start to form a skin fairly quickly, so you need to do all of this in a short amount of time. "Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast". Try the solvent out on something else so you get an idea of the viscosity.

Thanks Yeti, that's all the info I need :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

man, if only 4 can fit you can have skull squad on one stand :D jk, three is incredible!!!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

I would have no worries putting 4 yamarcadia 1/60 VF-1's all on one stand. Very doable.

Really? that would be great to have. am i able to buy all the attachments to make that happen? if so, i'm definitely in :wub:

Skull Squadron!!! Ooooo getting excited.

edite: i see the pics!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Really? that would be great to have. am i able to buy all the attachments to make that happen? if so, i'm definitely in :wub:

Skull Squadron!!! Ooooo getting excited.

edite: i see the pics!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Clearance looks good. You may want to purchase some of the xl arms just in case. I only have Roy, and no super parts.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Clearance looks good. You may want to purchase some of the xl arms just in case. I only have Roy, and no super parts.

when you're ready to sell, i'll pm you to ask what arms / attachments you recommend.

is there a configuration to create a diamond shape formation

like this below:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37164963@N06/3977672427/player/

Edited by davidwhangchoi

when you're ready to sell, i'll pm you to ask what arms / attachments you recommend.

is there a configuration to create a diamond shape formation

like this below:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37164963@N06/3977672427/player/

Yep. Just need to add a few elbows.

With my cabinet space shrinking at an incredible pace, these arms are just what I need!
I've been thinking of possibilities to have my fighters "stacked" vertically to optimize the space, and this seems like a good alternative.

Hope there will be opening to international buyers :D
(Otherwise, I'll just use my usual forwarder)