YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

It will be explained in the for sale thread. It has changed a little bit. A YetiStand will consist of a base, base pivot, 2 regular arms, feet, and all necessary bolts, nuts and washers for $50 ($52 for the pegged base). The 90 degree elbows, extra regular arms and all adapters will be $5 a piece each. XL arms and the dual arms will cost $10 a piece. Adding each additional arm will also include the requisite bolts, nuts, and washers.

Thanks Yeti! Looking forward to your FS post and explanation. ^_^

The VF-22s triple stand setup in the posted pictures was acheived with 2 dual arms and 2 XL arms. All 3 could fit in fighter mode.

3RFkpxNl.jpg

I have adjusted the configuration of the stock stand and the cost of the adapters based on my experience and expenditure during the first run. No "free" adapters.

With this setup we should probably display this somewhere near a speaker and play TRY AGAIN. ;)

Obviously it is not as stable as it would be with only one fighter, but it won't fall over from bumping the table. You would have to push it over, or knock the table around. Both instances would cause most things to fall over.

Also, this is above and beyond what I originally intended for the design. It works, but I wouldn't go around trying to see how many kettle bells it can hold.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

The dual-arm set up looks great! I'm in for two more stands (at least), but I also have to think about the configuration. Do I stick with the basic design (which is already very flexible), or do I go for something more advanced?

Thanks for the continued development and support, ChaoticYeti,

I would want them all on stands, but I have to keep within my budget. So I have to figure out which Valks would be on YetiStands.

I know I'll put my 2 VF-1S Strikes will be on a dual arm, VF-0S and YF-19 on a single arm. The Frontier Valks is going to be fun trying to figure out.

I'll need to figure how many stands I'll need to pick up this round.

I am fairly certain there is a configuration to be made out of the parts I have created that would satisfy most peoples display needs.

mpB0UJ0l.jpg

DiSP1Vzl.jpg

Love it, Yeti! :wub: I'm imagining now my YF-19 and YF-21 would look cool on that stand. ;) I do have a question though. How strong the connector from the flat base and the connector where you put the first arm when you put 2-3 valks? Are they glued or fixed somehow? Sorry for asking since I don't have the first version. Thanks. ^_^

I only wish that someone should back-up Mr. Yeti so that price will go down somehow and have each of our valks their own YetiStands. ^_^ How about going to Shark Tank? Or Kickstarter again? ;) I'll make sure I'm not going to miss this upcoming batch order.

Love it, Yeti! :wub: I'm imagining now my YF-19 and YF-21 would look cool on that stand. ;) I do have a question though. How strong the connector from the flat base and the connector where you put the first arm when you put 2-3 valks? Are they glued or fixed somehow? Sorry for asking since I don't have the first version. Thanks. ^_^

Going to have the same caveat as the first run. I am 10 for 10 on this test order for a solid and tight fit. Due to variance, there may be a necessity to use acrylic solvent to bond the base and base pivot. Even if that is the case, it should be much easier to do this time around as there are grooves in the base that would make applying the solvent that much easier.

Going to have the same caveat as the first run. I am 10 for 10 on this test order for a solid and tight fit. Due to variance, there may be a necessity to use acrylic solvent to bond the base and base pivot. Even if that is the case, it should be much easier to do this time around as there are grooves in the base that would make applying the solvent that much easier.

Cool. That's good to know. ^_^ But does it come glued already or we have to glue it ourselves? Thanks in advance. :)

Cool. That's good to know. ^_^ But does it come glued already or we have to glue it ourselves? Thanks in advance. :)

You sould not need acrylic solvent. The 10 I have from this batch fit very snuggly, and require quite a bit of force to separate, but as I learned in the first run of 100, there is a chance of variation one way or the other. I changed 2 things in the design in order to accommodate this. I laser etched one side of the base pivot tab, and I remodeled the slot on the base.

YAOzjrtl.jpg

A kickstarter isn't out of the question. This would be to raise funds to have YetiStand be injection molded instead of laser cut. This would greatly reduce the cost of the stand.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Kikstarter would be a good option but you are going to have to get a lot more customers than are on here to get the funding you are looking for. Maybe start posting in other forums to gain more interest.

Not impossible, though. Yeti has shown the stand with Transformers, Hobby Master planes, LEGO, as well as Bandai and Arcadia Valkyries.

Haha yeah I know, I just meant you need to take these pictures to other forums to raise interest and customers.

For sure. Right now, 100 at a time is pretty manageable. I know this is on the cusp of being huge. Just trying to make smart decisions.

Yeah, right now I am only limited by my collection. I could make a YetiStand adapter for just about anything.

r1U68hIl.jpg

How do you like that Lego B-Wing? I keep eying it every time I'm at Toys R Us looking for presents for my Brother and Nephew.

Come to think of it, I wonder if one of your stands could hold up that new Star Destroyer?

Edited by Mommar

How do you like that Lego B-Wing? I keep eying it every time I'm at Toys R Us looking for presents for my Brother and Nephew.

Come to think of it, I wonder if one of your stands could hold up that new Star Destroyer?

B-Wing is cool. I never had any of the older B-Wing sets. It was nice to finish out the rebel fighters. I am not sure if the 2014 star destroyer would fit. Maybe with the dual arm and 2 brick adapters.

"Beacon 527" is still holding up well so far, glue-wise.

Good to know. I would still advise people to get an acrylic solvent if it is available. Edited by ChaoticYeti