1/60 VE-1 and VT-1 are out!???

CHAN

Notice that the vendor has tellingly not posted any pictures of the actual box. It's odd that he would instead post a picture from (I believe) Dengenki Hobby. I suspect that they are most certainly not "in hand."

Notice that the vendor has tellingly not posted any pictures of the actual box. It's odd that he would instead post a picture from (I believe) Dengenki Hobby. I suspect that they are most certainly not "in hand."

My thoughts exactly.

My guess is that this guy is telling a small fib so he can sort of get a jump on his eBay compeditors and get some sales in. He may or may not actually have the toys "in his hands", my guess is they are scheduled for a shipment to him or "on order" and he's doing what a lot of eBayer's do: selling things he doesn't have yet under the guise of having them. The truth of it is that the buyer may never know if the guy had the item right when he said he did as any delays in shipping the item out can be blamed on the postal system... unless the actual toys are delayed in distribution from Yamato and then the seller will be called on the carpet.

I've seen people do this several times.

In an effort to put this to rest I emailed the seller and asked if he had any pics of the box and the actual toy for sale. If he responds to me I'll post the pics here, if he ignores me then we can specualte all we want as to how legit this cat might be but with a 2K+ feedback he's either learned to walk a delicate tightrope or he's telling the truth...

While this is slightly questionable as far as truthfulness goes, I seriously doubt it's a scam. Those valks are set to hit stores this week and the auction doesn't end until four days from now... leaving the seller plenty of time to recieve his shipment and get them mailed out on time.

The only problem I have is with the "in hand" comment, which is, as of this moment, most likely false reguardless of it's inability to affect the shipping time of the completed auction.

Labeled pre-order would be more in line.

While this is slightly questionable as far as truthfulness goes, I seriously doubt it's a scam. Those valks are set to hit stores this week and the auction doesn't end until four days from now... leaving the seller plenty of time to recieve his shipment and get them mailed out on time.

The only problem I have is with the "in hand" comment, which is, as of this moment, most likely false reguardless of it's inability to affect the shipping time of the completed auction.

What you say would be true except this guy has a buy it now option! He also states in his auction that he will send it out immediately. So either somebody somewhere has already got the grimy hands on the valks. or like everybody else in this post is saying he is just BSing.

Looking at this seller's very high feedback....

I'd have no problem buying from the person.

All the rest is speculation. :rolleyes:

Hiya guys,

Im from singapore, can testify for sure the 1/60 VE-1T and VT-1 Super Ostrich isnt out in the local market here as of yet. If they were out, most of the local shops here would have stocks of them not to mentioned especially the toy retailers in HK who directly gets their stocks from the factories.

Posted on Aug 26 2003, 09:12 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As what you said, it maybe true in a sense, that the local retailers have received news that the shipment would be arriving end of this week to early of next. This gives plenty of time for the seller to process orders and shipped them out. Whats saddens me is that such local people resort to such methods to win sales before the market is saturated with the release of these valks. <_<

Sorry to say i do not support nor encourage such acts to promote sales even if it was for a valid reason. :(:ph34r:

Sorry guys if this created any unpleasantness or displeasure in anticipation of this release.

Cheers

Edited by recon

I have just confirmed with our supplier that the VT-1 and the VE-1 have been released overseas. He has received his shipment and we should be receiving ours by next week. So yes, these have been released!!

BTW, our supplier picks them up directly from the Yamato factory, so it makes sense that many others might have not received them yet.

Edited by twinmoons

OK, I just checked the Kanto Hobby and Animate stores in Mong Kong during my lunch break and as of today Wednesday August 27th at 1.30pm (HK time) they still DO NOT have the VT-1 and VE-1.

Graham

It's probably in their "shipping and receiving" department at this time :D

Hi,

Lovely and beautiful, seems that the boxes are close to that of a 1/48 boxes. Cheak out the little minmei in the backseat of the 1/60 VT-1 Super Ostrich, wonder how she looks. :lol:

Might have to pop by the local stores to check them out before consider buying them as most of funds aside from savings are allocated to the 2 sets of 1/48 Fps and 2 sets of 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru (October)

Cheers

Edited by recon