Yup your gonna have too Google it. Everything on YouTube will probably be gone.

Also it was like watchimg the comic come to life. Why for hasn't made it yet? I don't know.they should stroking Singer's ego and make a dead pool movie.

I already saw it "Rich Corinthian leather".

my understanding is that Fox has a list of specific characters that they have exclusive rights to (wolverine, Jean Grey, professor X magneto, etc.) and then they have the rights to use any other character that is associated with x-men as a whole but not exclusive rights.

so Fox can use quicksilver and scarlet witch in the context of an x-man film, but not in any kind of stand alone material. conversely, marvel can use them in anything that doesn't reference X-men or magneto.

deadpool is one of the characters that Fox has exclusive rights to by name.

Edited by anime52k8

I think they actually control anything relating to being a "mutant."

There are all kinds of articles floating around on it. They own it, or they don't but will sue if it's used. Darvel movies can't mention mutants specifically, Fox movies can't mention Darvel characters, etc.

Ryan Reynolds is Superhero Movies poison. His ex ironically... pretty successful.

Ha ha ha, right? Well hopefully they don't use him (he's got a credit for an "announced" Deadpool movie on iMDb, but that could change if the project gets off of the ground).

Blade Trinity

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Green Lantern

All horrible, horrible movies, comic book or otherwise (and I didn't even see GL).

-b.

I think only fans of Deadpool comics would like this movie...

Not necessarily, I don't read or collect any of Deadpool's comics, and have only a rudimentary grasp of him as a character. I'd absolutely love to see a film about a kick-ass Mutant assassin that has comedic leanings.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

his face is so ugly in the comics since he's expired...

i remember when he was out in liefield's x-force. nobody really cared...

now, he's a hot character and wolverine is tiresome... wow times have changed

I just imagine the schtick would get so old so quick. I thought it was getting old at the end of this clip.

For sure, everything, including the humor and carnage in moderation. Breaks in the action and some serious-enough plot moments would help.

I think I'd be perfectly okay with it if they just made a movie out of his game.

Never played his game, but based on your comment I'll assume it was OK.

his face is so ugly in the comics since he's expired...

i remember when he was out in liefield's x-force. nobody really cared...

now, he's a hot character and wolverine is tiresome... wow times have changed

Right! And they're supposedly killing Wolverine in the comics. Might be time to try and track down some back issues...

-b.

Deadpool has actually come a long way since Liefield though. He's had better written stories and became more fleshed out as a character since the Liefield X-Force days. Not saying he's amazing or something but he's a little more fleshed out for a comic book character since his debut.

Ugh...hate Liefield though!

But, yeah, I'm a fan of the comics and the character. He's just one of my favorites. :wub:

Edited by xrentonx

Never played his game, but based on your comment I'll assume it was OK.

I actually haven't played it yet either, but I've watched a portion of a playthrough. I didn't see much of the actual gameplay itself, so I can't judge there, but the dialogue and cutscenes were just a non-top torrent of puns, insanity, and jokes that would leave you faceplanting on the fourth wall (the scene where he comes across a room that wasn't finished, and calls up the developers to patch it while he waits comes to mind).

It's not everyone's type of humor, but I nearly died laughing. The intro to the game is actually Deadpool calling up the game's production company, and telling them, "Hey, you should make a game about me!"

I'd be thoroughly satisfied if the entire Deadpool movie is about him trying to convince some big Hollywood production company to make a movie about him, while his usual adversaries try to drag funding away from that to fund other more popular superhero flicks. It would be entirely fitting, and quite perfect.

Edited by Chronocidal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think they're just announcing a lot of things to see what sticks. It's speculative 'verse building to copy Marvels' model. But DC's protocol of stunt casting is not as exciting as they think. The way they want to leave everything to Zack Snyder is even less interesting to me.