Arcadia to sell stand separately?

Gakken85

• 2 months later...

Flightpose stands are fine but you can't really do dynamic flight poses in fighter mode, yet alone battroid with them. I'll definitely pick up a couple of these.

Sure you can... but you have to buy three of the three different sizes and then mix and match the rods. It's pretty epic once you do.

HLJ Link to pre-order (Jan 2015)

http://www.hlj.com/product/ACA82114/Sup

$25.00 each seems high..

$25 is cheap! And it'll seem really cheap once they stop making it and then it's starts to crawl up passed $100 each...

Sure you can... but you have to buy three of the three different sizes and then mix and match the rods. It's pretty epic once you do.

I stocked up on the original ones luckily... I still have extras. Hell.... I use one to paint on.

If you can find a stand that looks better for the same price and can hold your valks, let me know...

Well, you can't - not without having extraordinary luck.

Although inevitable, I don't think it's that fair to draw comparisons to this Arcadia stand to third party stands like the Flexi and Yeti Stands. In the same way we tend to defend Arcadia as a smaller company it'd be the same with "fan made" products.

Re: the Arcadia stands, yeah they hold our Valks for relatively cheap but they aren't terribly attractive and they're too big to have a bunch on display at once - unless you have an abundance of space.

I dunno, I just wish they had a smaller footprint and were more, aesthetically pleasing, just my opinion.

-b.

Would love to get this too since it's cheap. But the only problem I really see is its being bulky. If they could somehow come up with something that has an adapter or an extra arm to hold another valk because I'm sure the base for being the same size as the valk for its width and length for sure it can hold 2 to 3 valks. I'm gussing you can just fit 2 or 3 stands in a detolf shelf. But if I have a bigger space I wouldn't mind paying this stand for each valk that I have just to have that 'consistency' look feel on my valk toys. ^_^

Well, you can't - not without having extraordinary luck.

Although inevitable, I don't think it's that fair to draw comparisons to this Arcadia stand to third party stands like the Flexi and Yeti Stands. In the same way we tend to defend Arcadia as a smaller company it'd be the same with "fan made" products.

Re: the Arcadia stands, yeah they hold our Valks for relatively cheap but they aren't terribly attractive and they're too big to have a bunch on display at once - unless you have an abundance of space.

I dunno, I just wish they had a smaller footprint and were more, aesthetically pleasing, just my opinion.

-b.

Yup... Each stand is god for it's price. Original "Flight Pose" Great for posing, strength and the possibility of removing your valk with ease. Price was great too. No longer available.

Arcadia Stand... great for it's decent price. Strong, made just for Acadia/Yamato valks and storage. Large Footprint.

Yamato... looks like launch arm, strong, looks OK. Expensive and now even more expensive AND no longer available.

Yeti Stands... looks elegant and pretty strong... moderately high price point but extremely limited and custom "manufacturing".

With all these choices, there really isn't any room to complain. I actually thought the Arcadia ones are going to cost more. I think they're selling it separately at this price in lieu of including it with the already high price valks they're coming out with.

My Sv-51 *came* with a stand (basically what Arcadia's selling now), and I still bought a Yeti stand pretty much just for it. And it was worth every penny.

"Elegant stand that can actually show a plane FLYING" vs "big huge block of plastic that can hold a valk off the ground"

Display stands are for displaying----Arcadia's is merely "to keep if off the ground", and is "industrial/functional" more than "display".

My Sv-51 *came* with a stand (basically what Arcadia's selling now), and I still bought a Yeti stand pretty much just for it. And it was worth every penny.

"Elegant stand that can actually show a plane FLYING" vs "big huge block of plastic that can hold a valk off the ground"

Display stands are for displaying----Arcadia's is merely "to keep if off the ground", and is "industrial/functional" more than "display".

So you're making the decision that these AREN'T display stands by definition?

I like these stands because of the storage compartment and price. I like the Yeti because of the versatility in the poses. Each got there place in my house. I got a mix 4 of these types (if you count the Yamato versions) and 3 Yeti's but I have them all out in the open (no display case yet) so I can't comment on footprint in displays. If you like just the basic poses, and wanna get some of your valks off the ground and in the air, keep all the extras together, and got room, this is a good one to get. Can't beat the price.

Someone mentioned Mighty Block stands. How was the Mighty block stands? Looks like you could connect a couple together to make a bigger base. But it also looks like the base might be a little small for bigger valks though. .

Edited by wmkjr

(...) Original "Flight Pose" Great for posing, strength and the possibility of removing your valk with ease. Price was great too. No longer available.

I don't know what exactly you mean by "original", but you can still order the "New" ones. But only on a pre-order basis now.

Still the "new" FlightPose stands may probably alter the painting on Bandai DX valks where the caoutchou touches it, but nothing a sealer/finish spray can't fix. And I haven't got any trouble with Yamato / Arcadia valk yet.

I really like Yetistands poseability, I will probably order a few for my Bandai DX ;)

I don't know what exactly you mean by "original", but you can still order the "New" ones. But only on a pre-order basis now.

Still the "new" FlightPose stands may probably alter the painting on Bandai DX valks where the caoutchou touches it, but nothing a sealer/finish spray can't fix. And I haven't got any trouble with Yamato / Arcadia valk yet.

I really like Yetistands poseability, I will probably order a few for my Bandai DX ;)

I believe the ones he was talking about had a more heavier base and black tips. The newer ones had instances of the base cracking due to tightening of the screws.

edit: Sorry about that. They touched on it on page 2, first post.

Edited by wmkjr

the arcadia base is very similar to the one used for Bandai Gundam, and just like Bandai base for Macross stuff, they have very limited use and takes too much space.

But yeah, this is the only one that is generally available to all so most people are okay with it.

I think the wide base is a good thing, especially for larger, heavier or irregular pieces. The YetiStand has a decent footprint to it too, but I think that its shape is more appealing. Both stands have their place, for sure. Arcadia's big plus is storage. I like to use these stands as a stackable alternative for small parts, which helps to cut down on the number of retail boxes filling up the limited closet space at home (and keeps me out of trouble). At this price, I will be happy to pick up some more.

The YetiStand is my most flexible display stand. When I think of all the adapters that fit to it (custom and OEM) and the different poses that I can try out using the stand arms, I have no regrets paying the premium price. Plus, it's the work of a fellow forum member that continues to support it and develop it. Not bad at all.

I do have a trio of the new flightpose stands, as well. I can see how these are appealing, but I wish I had found out about them when the old version was still available. I'm not impressed with the new model. The lack of a mechanical connection with the toy (which both Arcadia and YetiStand provides using adpaters) concerns me. I only put small, light items on these.