Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

Guest davidwhangchoi

Sure...but maybe those are on a separate steel mold.

Edit: Actually...they would be since they were added much later than the original releases.

huh? oh yeah, i'm in agreement with you. (wasn't even thinking if it actually costs more or not)

my thoughts were they would never give multiple head options on one kit bc then fans would complain why can't they do this for future kits.

then you can kiss vf-1s roy tv mold profits down the tube. as it now stands tv and dyrl are one color and the only change is the blk /yellow arrows on the head between them...

huh? oh yeah, i'm in agreement with you. (wasn't even thinking if it actually costs more or not)

my thoughts were they would never give multiple head options on one kit bc then fans would complain why can't they do this for future kits.

then you can kiss vf-1s roy tv mold profits down the tube. as it now stands tv and dyrl are one color and the only change is the blk /yellow arrows on the head between them...

oh they will NEVER NEVER NEVER give multiple heads in a box. I mean, not only tv and movie roy but lets think..movie hik 1a and 1s...they would NEVER be able to sell two versions. the more released they can sucker out of...sorry..entice people with, the more they will buy. i'm pretty confused WHY they made the dyrl valks "tv white" now (ok pink but its close enough fro 95% of people who dn't own flurorescent lamps) as its way too similar to tv roy...the difference of arrows could be changed by just a decal. lol. i mean the core business of vf-1 valks is..."change a head and maybe...maybe the deco and sell again". even for the kits...did they have to sell 3 different kits? could have had just one version with all 4 heads (there are two different 1a heads between sdfm and dyrl) and both sets of hand types.

Heheh...yeah, I was more talking about the mechanics and costs of manufacturing but I definitely agree with your view...which is more about the market. :)

Arcadia is likely gonna MSRP this set around US$250 to US$350. Maybe more.

The standalone GBP (if offered, however unlikely) parts may get MSRP of around US$120.

Should not be doing any DIY-ing on either at those pricing.

But hey! Maybe Arcadia will include other stuff that is/are completely unnecessary and redundant and not really asked-for by the fans to try to justify their exorbitant pricing-strategy...

"Should not be doing any DIY-ing on either at those pricing."
Depends on why a person collects I guess... I don't really look at my toys in terms of dollar value, so I have no qualms about modding them based on my preferences or needs, but I understand folks being afraid to if they aren't knowledgeable in customizing. Definitely wouldn't use a $200+ dollar toy to learn on. =) That being said, it seriously is insanely easy to just paint that thing.
Edited by ultraman zoffy

I find it much easier to try and collect the different frontier valks versus collecting the VF-1's for this reason. Even though they are the same valk with different heads, I feel that each VF-25 stands on their own. I like the more extreme decos of the VF-1, but only have one Roy. It is harder to convince myself to by the same figure with a different color stripe across the chest. :ph34r:

I see nothing wrong with people touching up valks at any price. Its your money.

Personally I like the piece to complete and fresh from the box as I like to call it.

So I wouldn't change a release in that manner as I'm not a hobby guy :D

Personally I like the piece to complete and fresh from the box as I like to call it.

Ditto

Meh. I prefer touch ups and paint at any price to tacky stickers. Water decals would be an improvement if Arcadia is still including them.

That said, I still think the best compromise would be an optional part in grey that fits over the standard visor. There seems to be enough of a ridge on the 1J visor to allow for this. And if an extra optional part was added for the armor set, it would avoid the economic faux pas that a separate head would create while keeping the white 1J's fresh out-of-the-box value.

This reminds me a lot of the 1:18 market.

It essentially died, big companies went out of business.

New items stopped being produced and secondary market values skyrocketed.

Company A comes out and says we are making new product..

Forums:

Stupid modern crap!

Wrong livery!

Wrong paint job!

Nothing gets released!

Why a delay ZOMG!

Prototype picture looks like leading edge wrong

Company engineers suck

My son are a missile

I only buy vintage

When will you release overly huge, massively expensive niche item!?!??

Why so many details missing?

I have to put on my own stickers? wAT?

Finally a spokesman for the company responded basically with..

"F*** you" enjoy no products ever again.

I clapped, lucky for Arcadia, none of us outside Japan matter.

So my guess is they will never read the typical forum jargon and blabber.

<...>

Apologies. After some thought, I decided that my earlier reply wasn't adding anything to the discussion of the new GBP Armor Set and I dropped it. Moving on...

I had a look at Jenius's archives at anymoon.com. Of Yamato's three 1/60 v2 GBP armor releases, one was a set complete with a VF-1J. This grey goggled 1J was not branded as Hikaru's 1J, though. Everyone around at the time probably knows this already, but that seems to highlight the fact that Yamato's set was a DYRL release.

Arcadia's release, being a TV release, does includes Hikaru's 1J. And that is interesting. Maybe it is the translations that I have had access to, but I never had the impression that the armored 1J in SDFM was Hikaru's standard 1J. I always thought it was some random armored 1J.

Edited by technoblue

Ditto

Ditto ditto

That said, I do understand that there are a lot of semi-to-very talented members who can and do mod their Valkyries and do a damn fine job at it, it's just not my cup of tea.

Sure, until the complaints start that the grey visor shell is too thick and isn't line art accurate :)

Or the wrong shade of grey.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

-b.

Yeah, bring it on! I have an armor set already, which I partially painted to be more subdued, repainted the red parts on the arms and chest to grey. Might continue and add yellow and black for a Focker scheme.

Definitely want another so I can have a 'normal' one.

Guest davidwhangchoi

<...>

Apologies. After some thought, I decided that my earlier reply wasn't adding anything to the discussion of the new GBP Armor Set and I dropped it. Moving on...

I had a look at Jenius's archives at anymoon.com. Of Yamato's three 1/60 v2 GBP armor releases, one was a set complete with a VF-1J. This grey goggled 1J was not branded as Hikaru's 1J, though. Everyone around at the time probably knows this already, but that seems to highlight the fact that Yamato's set was a DYRL release.

hey technoblue, interesting thoughts but the info on the yamato set is incorrect. i have the grey goggle stand alone and it says hikaru on it. i have the armor combo with grey goggles and it's say hikaru on the box and it is tv white and tv style fists, it's not dyrl.

i

Edited by davidwhangchoi

hey technoblue, interesting thoughts but the info on the yamato set is incorrect. i have the grey goggle stand alone and it says hikaru on it. i have the armor combo with grey goggles and it's say hikaru on the box and it is tv white and tv style fists, it's not dyrl.

i

Correct;

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00176/Sci

I also have this set.

-b.

You're right and I totally got it wrong. Even after reading the print: "Hikaru VF-1J Grey Goggle Version" :wacko:

I need a better prescription. One that helps with my nearsightedness and confusion. :lol:

For everyone else's benefit here is the link to anymoon:

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=5007

The GBP Evolution video is worth the click alone. I enjoyed it.

Edited by technoblue

Those grey goggles look amazing as does that weathering. The reason I passed up on the grey goggles version years ago was because of the shoulder issue. This was prior to the Shapeways fix.

I think I'm gonna pick this one up weather they color it grey or not. Those weathered photos sold me!

Those grey goggles look amazing as does that weathering. The reason I passed up on the grey goggles version years ago was because of the shoulder issue. This was prior to the Shapeways fix.

I think I'm gonna pick this one up weather they color it grey or not. Those weathered photos sold me!

FYI only, that bundled set has safe shoulders, I've had it for years and have never replaced the shoulders (knocks on wood now that I've put that into print).

I'm excited to pick up another set too, Yamato/Arcadia toys are still my favorite to buy - could have something to do with the ease of purchase (suck it Bandai).

-b.

Yamato released two bundled sets. One has the number 1 painted on the chest and the second doesn't have the number 1 painted on the chest. If you have the 1 painted on the chest the shoulders aren't safe and if you look REALLY closely you might notice that the white on the head is a different white from the rest of the plane (because Yamato took old VF-1J toys and put a new gray visor head on them). If the chest has no #1 then you're in good shape.

Yamato released two bundled sets. One has the number 1 painted on the chest and the second doesn't have the number 1 painted on the chest. If you have the 1 painted on the chest the shoulders aren't safe and if you look REALLY closely you might notice that the white on the head is a different white from the rest of the plane (because Yamato took old VF-1J toys and put a new gray visor head on them). If the chest has no #1 then you're in good shape.

Interesting, mine does not have a (1) printed on the chest so based on your info that would explain why the shoulders are good on my VF-1J.

Wouldn't this make 3 sets since you have the missile firing effect as well, or did that one not include a Valkyrie?

-b.

I think the firing effect set was just the armor itself, since the missiles took up so much room in the box.. not sure if that was mentioned earlier or not.

Correct, just the two GBP + Valk bundles, I believe there were two releases of just the GBP, and one release of GBP + Missiles. Here's what the inside of the GBP + Missiles set looked like:

Thanks guys!

*could have sworn I posted that yesterday, but it's gone now

-b.