Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

For those of you who have one of these:

I just got mine today and in the top most tray (the one with the Valk, not the one with the GBP Armor) there is a tiny space right above the VF-1J's right shoulder. It feels like there should be something in that space. Was there supposed to be something there or am I being paranoid? I didn't see a pilot figure, though I haven't changed out the heat shield. Thanks.

Can you be more specific regarding the right shoulder area? In the Valk tray, the VF-1J is transformed into fighter mode. So based on what you said, the right shoulder area has that micro missiles and regular missles on the tray. The only small space I could see is the one that locks on the plastic cover tray for it. Now if you're looking on the Valk tray from the top, then the right shoulder you mentioned would fall on the same missiles as well but has the pilot in it and a small space again that locks the plastic cover tray. I'm attaching here image from Anymoon's site so that you can check the VF-1J tray that came with the GBP set. This is the same contents whether it's Yamato or Arcadia releases. And also when you said you haven't changed out the heat shield, this one doesn't need to change literally. You just need to separate the chest area so that you can slide back the heat shield. Did you get yours with the heat shield slide down?

Yamato-V2-GBP-wHIk-1.jpg

Can you be more specific regarding the right shoulder area? In the Valk tray, the VF-1J is transformed into fighter mode. So based on what you said, the right shoulder area has that micro missiles and regular missles on the tray. The only small space I could see is the one that locks on the plastic cover tray for it. Now if you're looking on the Valk tray from the top, then the right shoulder you mentioned would fall on the same missiles as well but has the pilot in it and a small space again that locks the plastic cover tray. I'm attaching here image from Anymoon's site so that you can check the VF-1J tray that came with the GBP set. This is the same contents whether it's Yamato or Arcadia releases. And also when you said you haven't changed out the heat shield, this one doesn't need to change literally. You just need to separate the chest area so that you can slide back the heat shield. Did you get yours with the heat shield slide down?

Yamato-V2-GBP-wHIk-1.jpg

I don't know if it was not enough coffee or too much coffee or my general illiteracy, but I posted in Arcadia VF-1J GBP (which I also got and its awesome) instead of Hi Metal R VF-1J GBP. Mybad and thank you anyways.

I don't know if it was not enough coffee or too much coffee or my general illiteracy, but I posted in Arcadia VF-1J GBP (which I also got and its awesome) instead of Hi Metal R VF-1J GBP. Mybad and thank you anyways.

Glad to know that sorted out. Keep in mind, only 3 cups of Coffee a day, ok? ;)

Might be worth it for the fast packs...

+1 for this!

I have a the odd broken shoulder VF-1 and they are fine as long as you are super gentle with them or don't touch em!

But yeah for that price you'd buy it just for the parts! And then keep the VF-1 on display in fighter!

Might be worth it for the fast packs...

+1 for this!

I have a the odd broken shoulder VF-1 and they are fine as long as you are super gentle with them or don't touch em!

But yeah for that price you'd buy it just for the parts! And then keep the VF-1 on display in fighter!

Listen to these guys. I didn't even look at the price, and I'd pay that in a heartbeat for the fast packs alone!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still wondering if I should get him? Any suggestions/opinions?

If you can afford it, then sure. Go get him. It's big and solid and stuff.

If you can't afford it or you have issues with the current expensive Arcadiascalper-pricing on it like most of us, then don't get it. Just get the smaller HM-R version.

If you can afford it, then sure. Go get him. It's big and solid and stuff.

If you can't afford it or you have issues with the current expensive Arcadiascalper-pricing on it like most of us, then don't get it. Just get the smaller HM-R version.

Just saw the review on youtube from rocketpunch army the only thing I'm disliking is the parts forming on the chest to coverup the gap .

Just saw the review on youtube from rocketpunch army the only thing I'm disliking is the parts forming on the chest to coverup the gap .

The whole GBP armor are parts, therefore it is a partsformer by definition.

To put it another way, the GBP armor are all optional parts like the missiles, pilot and extra clown-hands that are usually included with the regular yammie/arcadia 1/60 VF-1J.

Bandai does not include that particular part in their HM-R version for some odd reason.

Edited by treatment

Yeah I know they would have to charge more , but it would be nice if they included it is what I was saying as a bonus. Also does Arcadia have any plans of releasing a reissue of the VF-1S roy fokker ?

Yeah. Free display stand is what everyone's wish since day one. ;)

Yeah I know they would have to charge more , but it would be nice if they included it is what I was saying as a bonus. Also does Arcadia have any plans of releasing a reissue of the VF-1S roy fokker ?

Yeah i know what you are saying. What i'm saying is that they wouldn't do that without charging.

"Free"?

Everything, including display stands are built into the price.

The only way any accessory with a Bandai, Yamato or Arcadia release could be considered free is if it was packed separately as a part of a limited or special release - with the MSRP remaining the same between that and a release that didn't include said accessory.

-b.

Hah you know it . I was wondering since my VF-19 Advance came with one and this one didn't.

Pretty much all of Bandai's recent releases include a simple display stance. It's not much to write home about, but it's something.

While Arcadia's products are of high quality, they tend to cut corners on everything else to cut cost. ie. limited amount of tempos and no display stance.

Pretty much all of Bandai's recent releases include a simple display stance. It's not much to write home about, but it's something.

While Arcadia's products are of high quality, they tend to cut corners on everything else to cut cost. ie. limited amount of tempos and no display stance.

Arcadia Higher quality in what ? The plastic?