Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

it's pretty easy and straight forward. you can also put those in before you fully clamp the front chest and back together .

...Great, thank u very much for that F360!!

..I have 2 days off now , so will durability test the hell out of my 1J..looking forward to it!!

Thanx everyone for your coments!

...I've got some great ideas with posing this guy inspired by the opening Macross credits.!!

Picked up my Arcadia VF-1J from the post-office on Monday, bought from Ami-Ami and shipped SAL to Europe. Annoyingly, the customs duties were pretty hefty, but the figure itself was worth it. Box was slightly f**ked up, with an annoying fold on the back, but the figure was perfect, luckily, considering Ami-Ami's less than stellar 'customer service' reputation.

I have to say, I opened the box in good daylight, and the pinkish hue on the VF-1J is unmistakable to me, even without a reference. Even so, this is my fifth VF-1, but this is my first Hikaru VF-1J (I know, for shame), and it just looks great to me. I stupidly bought the Arcadia 30th Anniversary VF-1J, and my buyer's remorse was so strong that it hasn't even been opened as of yet, but there's a good chance I'll finally open it so I can make that one wear the GBP armor, and use its stand for this newer VF-1J.

Edited by alldarker

Oh come on Alldarker give the 30th AE a chance! Go and open her up and i know you'll like it! I'm telling you it certainly does grow on you!

Well... It's currently in 'deep storage' in a cardboard box in my rented external storage facility, so pulling it out is going to take a little time ^_^ Still... I was checking out pictures of it earlier, and, well... Gahhhhh, it's making itself hard to love. I guess the tuxedo look is kind of interesting... But I'd rather just hide it behind that armor.

My very first big valk!, now my macross quarter wont feel lontely.

I woke up with the ring of the doorbell, and there it was the mail man with my HLJ box.

I only saw it for a bit, but took it out of the window and no pink hue, same with indoors light.

post-30636-0-70965900-1434563456_thumb.jpg

Is it the same pink that the YF-19's landing gear bays are?

I have a feeling it is. I've rewatched the video that I did for Arcadia YF-19 transformation over at YouTube. And the landing gear bay somehow has that pink hue basing on that video. Will confirm it too once I get home. ;)

Nice! good pose on the last one. And yeah, those side covers are a pain in the ass to install.

Oh and I discovered that you have to push the nose section firmly up to get the shield to cover the canopy properly AND to get the chest armor to snap properly in place. But when transforming back to fighter mode you have to slide it out a bit again, otherwise you can't snap the fuselage together... weird, and there's no mention of this in the manual as far as I know.

Nice! good pose on the last one. And yeah, those side covers are a pain in the ass to install.

Oh and I discovered that you have to push the nose section firmly up to get the shield to cover the canopy properly AND to get the chest armor to snap properly in place. But when transforming back to fighter mode you have to slide it out a bit again, otherwise you can't snap the fuselage together... weird, and there's no mention of this in the manual as far as I know.

Fortunately, I remembered that this was a part of the transformation process from the first VF-1J I got some 4 years back. I find it quite strange it isn't mentioned in the new manual. For a moment I even thought that part was no longer neccessary for the transformation.

...yeah Arcadia forgot to include the sliding nosecone instructions in this one..just playing with lighting/focus.

post-11041-0-20917200-1434818394_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys! I have to say the sculpt and engineering of this toy is top notch. I love it, money well spent!

It's hard to find an interesting pose without a stand other than the regular standing position, but it can be done!

Oh and Noel, when I was taking it apart I came to a similar configuration, but in fighter mode. Since I don't have fast packs I kinda made a ghetto version with the armor. Not too bad looking, might post pics later.