Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

18684493345_5cd0e59896_b.jpg

*snipped some*

Awesome shots, Saburo! :wub:

scrolling through the page and all I see are pictures of Saburo getting quoted. Not that I can blame them, nice pictures as always Saburo.

That's why most of the time I 'snip' some of the photos when I quote. And just keep the one I like. ;) In this instance it's the pic that tells us "I'm pink and I know you want me" shot. :lol:

great pics saburo, just hyping me more before mine arrives!

Thank you, I hope your 1J arrives soon.

Amazing shoots, my new favorite computer wallpaper.

:D

scrolling through the page and all I see are pictures of Saburo getting quoted. Not that I can blame them, nice pictures as always Saburo.

Thanks chyll2.

The piece is not broken, you have to take the middle tab out and insert the fin firmly to the tab and then set it in the leg. Make sure you set the fin with the tab in the right direction.

Awesome pictures Saburo, why no clown hands?

I know they are bit moreTV accurate but I really don't like the clown hands, so I didn't put them on. :lol:

Awesome shots, Saburo! :wub:

That's why most of the time I 'snip' some of the photos when I quote. And just keep the one I like. ;) In this instance it's the pic that tells us "I'm pink and I know you want me" shot. :lol:

Thank you no3ljm.

Edited by Saburo

Guest davidwhangchoi

Got my Armor set today. I have to say I'm impressed with how simple, easy, and sold it is - and how they built the engineering into the VF-1. I'm so sad that Ultra Magnus wasn't this well thought out and solid.

h2nRSt1l.jpg

gk0dRbql.jpg

RdbdC9fl.jpg

SyxVnHVl.jpg

OJ64Xq2l.jpg

dhTf3KPl.jpg

9PmKlpQl.jpg

0yx9L1ml.jpg

JSIXaejl.jpg

hey gak,

since you are an owner of the 2nd yamato release of the combo armor without the "1" tampo'd on the chest,

i noticed the arcadia release has the same amount or tampo as the second yamato release where the "101" tampo is missing from the right kneecap.

looking at technoblue's comparison shot:

shoulder_arm.png

i also noticed the shoulder missile armor is missing the "101" tampo on it's sides.

was wondering if the yamato armor you have is also missing the 101 tampo on the sides of the shoulder armor.

if so. it looks like arcadia's release is identical to the 2nd yamato combo armor release and took off the numbers so users can customize whatever number they prefer.

I have the Yamato second armor release that was sold seperate from the 1J and they do not have the numbers tampoed on the chest and shoulder. The previous owner I purchased these from had put the decals on.

PS. Probably a long shot but does anyone wanna trade their Arcadia set for my Yamato? or maybe their grey visor head for a regular head lol?

DSCN5493.jpg

DSCN5496.jpg

Edited by plastik

Guest davidwhangchoi

I have the Yamato second armor release that was sold seperate from the 1J and they do no have the numbers tampoed on the chest and shoulder. The previous owner I purchased these from had put the decals on.

thanks plastik

Good news, my 1J was lost in China, found sent back to Japan and re—sent on the 8th...so any day now!!!

I've been lurking hard, thanx for the pics everyone!!

...How's everyone's shoulders? How's the mold?..little paranoid.

I guess because there's little tampo on the the Armour, we can't expect any different variants in the future?

Good news, my 1J was lost in China, found sent back to Japan and re—sent on the 8th...so any day now!!!

I've been lurking hard, thanx for the pics everyone!!

...How's everyone's shoulders? How's the mold?..little paranoid.

I guess because there's little tampo on the the Armour, we can't expect any different variants in the future?

Glad your valk is back on track! In terms of the mold, on mine there's a couple areas where the seams between parts is more noticeable (the seam located in the intakes, for example), but that could simply be due to manufacturing variance between valks. Hip joints are a bit looser than my 1S TV's, still plenty tight enough to hold poses, but just something I noticed. As for the shoulders, that problem has been corrected for a long time now, so there shouldn't be any issues (knock on wood, cue everyone's shoulders exploding a month from now :lol: ). Minor nitpicks aside, the mold seems to be holding up pretty well overall.

And I am still so, so happy Arcadia decided to give us the grey goggles. It's such a small thing, but it does so dang much for the battroid mode. Feels great to have Hikaru together with his sempai in the same scale for the first time in my collection. :D

post-197-0-79960800-1434097669_thumb.jpg

Awesome!

thanx for your reply Keiichi!..great comparison shot..mine just arrived at work, will pick it up tomorrow!

...yeah the seam at the intakes was a big problem with my 1D...aswell as the degraded peg behind it.

..as for the shoulders, I like to transform my 1/60's 10-15 or more times a day..I'm a durability tester!

post-11041-0-37406500-1434099830_thumb.jpg

Edited by troyness

I had the exact same problem with my first 1D. Was this an issue with any of the other VF-1s?

This was5 years ago, a Yamato 1D...at the time I hadn't come across anyone with an issue related to other VF—1's ..everyone was like "get a sharpie to it"...but I'm not a model guy, hadn't built a 1/60 kit and didn't feel comfortable with doing that....so I sold off spare parts.

...The peg was degraded inside it's peg hole and when it transformed it from fighter to gerwalk...split the intake seam apart....colorful language and veins in my forehead appeared.

Yeah I normally use Reg Sal too , but when you said "cheapest" I thought you might have selected Boat by mistake .

, their shipping for register sal on the preorder was pretty good at 1890 yen. The actual postage cost on my box shown 2490 yen . Nippon Yasan , thx

I haven't transformed my 1J yet, but I've looked thru both manuals.

Although it references attaching the neck cover..I can't see anything related to putting on the side covers?

I've owned alot of 1/60's , but never with option parts.

..I'm between VPNs at the moment, so a YouTube video would be blocked for me here in China.

Is attaching the side covers instinctual..or is there a vital moment in the transformation where it's attached?

..Does anyone have photos or a link?..thanx in advance guys!!!

I haven't transformed my 1J yet, but I've looked thru both manuals.

Although it references attaching the neck cover..I can't see anything related to putting on the side covers?

I've owned alot of 1/60's , but never with option parts.

..I'm between VPNs at the moment, so a YouTube video would be blocked for me here in China.

Is attaching the side covers instinctual..or is there a vital moment in the transformation where it's attached?

..Does anyone have photos or a link?..thanx in advance guys!!!

it's pretty easy and straight forward. you can also put those in before you fully clamp the front chest and back together .

post-2743-0-95734300-1434303258_thumb.jpg

Edited by F360

Finally got a chance to open mine. Haven't transformed it yet but i figured i'd compare it with my yamato vf-1j. Put them side by side and the pink tint people were talking about was really noticeable under soft lighting. It didn't show up in my pics though. Unfortunately it was hard to compare because my yammy seems to be not as bright white as i though it was. It looks like the white has gradually faded over the two years i had it. It haven't yellowed but it's not as bright white as when i first got it. Same thing happened to my 1/48 1J. Vf-1j Hikaru is my favorite valk tied neck and neck with the vf-1s roy. It's too bad it seems like it's impossible to keep it pristine white.