Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

Good photos, Anubis. I don't have a grey-goggled Yamato, but I did compare the white on my Arcadia 1J to the white on my Yamato 30th 1J. The contrast is even less striking with these two, but it does look like Arcadia's white is new and bright and Yamato's white is slightly aged.

A few other points:

• My copy did not include Valkyrie specific option parts. Since I have these with Yamato's 1J, I'm okay with that.
  • It looks like Arcadia got the Tampo printing right this time! I didn't see any missing or misaligned markings.

Thanks for those additional details, technoblue. That makes hopeful the Arcadia's 1J white will compare favorably with the Yamato 1S TV.

Really surprised to hear that you didn't get option parts though, I thought Arcadia had specifically mentioned that they would be included (well, Google-translate seemed to indicate that, haha).

SF here and I've only noticed my packages come through SFO no matter which shipping option I choose. I haven't been paying super close attention to all of em though...

Guest davidwhangchoi

must be another type of plastic..

I'll keep my Yamato

it definitely is. my hikaru 1j is definitely white, but my yamato roy tv is sorta pink on some parts. my arcadia roy is pink on even more parts than any other valk i have.

arcadia hikaru looks like the same uv colored plastic as arcadia roy, sorta white that looks slightly coated with lip balm. (transparent-ish)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Finally arrived today from HLJ. I feel a little pinkish white on the VF-1J, but acceptable because I will have the armor on all the time. Everything looks ok to me. Hope you guys get your GBP VF-1J soon. :D

Wait, the arcadia GBP is the grey visor version?

Mine arrived but sat outside overnight when the courier driver left the box next to the side door and not the front door.. <_< The box was a little wet and soggy as it got pretty cold and damp during the night but thankfully the Arcadia box was wrapped in bubble wrap which didn't let any moister through. ^_^ The delivery driver mustn't have updated the parcel as delivered when he dropped it off as it still said "in transit" but when it was updated it said dropped the day before.. So I had no idea it was still sitting there.. -_-

I had a close look at Hikaru's Valk and I don't really see any pinkish tan to it.. looks pretty white to me! Im gonna leave it in fighter mode and put it on display with the others and fitted up the GBP parts to my TV brownie! I think it looks really cool! B)) Glad I had a few left over gun straps to complete the look! :D

Also im sticking to the rat claw hands as I just don't like those clown looking puffy anime hands.. :huh:

20150605_201331.jpg20150605_200909.jpg20150605_200856.jpg

Edited by spanner76

that looks awesome on your brownie spanner!!!

..so no molded white side covers or chair lift?.. I guess we can go back to calling them "option parts"

must be another type of plastic.. maybe a cheaper batch with pink in it.

I'll keep my Yamato :D

What makes you say it's cheaper? It's the same exact plastic Yamato themselves used in the kit versions (including the pre-assembled ones). I just don't see how a slightly different tint suggests inferior quality.

Guest davidwhangchoi

What makes you say it's cheaper? It's the same exact plastic Yamato themselves used in the kit versions (including the pre-assembled ones). I just don't see how a slightly different tint suggests inferior quality.

i remember your photo of the assembly kit, not sure if it's cheaper but definitely pinker.

Ugh always something wrong.

Nothing looks broken, a dab of super glue should fix that up ^_^

Also im sticking to the rat claw hands as I just don't like those clown looking puffy anime hands.. :huh:

I have never used the anime hands on any of my TV VF-1's as i agree with you and think they look ridiculous but for some reason i think they work on the GBP. Still the perfect transformation hands look good on there.

i remember your photo of the assembly kit, not sure if it's cheaper but definitely pinker.

Yes, that's what I was saying - that the kit is 'pinker' than the other Yamato valks, just like the recent Arcadia valks are.

The plastic feels exactly the same between all of them. Perhaps around the time of the kits they started adding a UV stabilizer that changes the hue. In any case it's a hue I only notice in some photos and can't see at all in person so it's never bothered me.

Yep, put a bit of super glue on there and letting it set for a couple hours. First time that's ever happened to me with a VF-1 (straight out of the box, no less).

Ive had the intake detail piece fall out on me once before out of the box :lol:

Seems like a pink hue would suggest some sort of impurity in the plastic. I would assume if you want white plastic - it should be pure white.

I'm not an expert on fabricating plastic but:

http://www.ptonline.com/knowledgecenter/blending/Maintenance/Plastic-Product-Performance-Issues

Discoloration: Any change from the original color, often caused by overheating, light exposure, irradiation, or chemical attack.

It's not used for stylistic purposes - as the show doesn't suggest that Valks should be pinkish. The DYRL grey was an artistic choice since a lot of the animation was darker and more detailed. Shrug.

I'm sure that structurally it's fine.

Edited by Gakken85

Seems like a pink hue would suggest some sort of impurity in the plastic. I would assume if you want white plastic - it should be pure white.

I'm not an expert on fabricating plastic but:

http://www.ptonline.com/knowledgecenter/blending/Maintenance/Plastic-Product-Performance-Issues

Discoloration: Any change from the original color, often caused by overheating, light exposure, irradiation, or chemical attack.

It's not used for stylistic purposes - as the show doesn't suggest that Valks should be pinkish. The DYRL grey was an artistic choice since a lot of the animation was darker and more detailed. Shrug.

I'm sure that structurally it's fine.

I don’t see it as a “discoloration” though – that would be something like yellowing, something that happens by accident or unintentionally. It’s obviously intentional since they’ve been using it regularly across several different releases (as did Yamato), so logically speaking there is probably a very good reason for it (such as a UV stabilizer which helps protect plastic). And it actually is a pure white when seen by the naked eye. I mean, I’m not the only one saying it doesn’t look pink in person so it’s not just my eyes. :)

I just wish Arcadia would address it and let us know what's up. Has anyone ever asked Mr. K on Twitster?

Edited by eriku

I wanted to believe that Arcadia fixed the problem with the white, but it is the same as the VF-1S's they released. Comparing the 1J with my Focker 1S and Yamato TV 1A Max you can see the difference in how the white reflects light. It's weird. You don't always see it but it is a different material or paint from the Yamato. In day light, I don't notice it, but under tungsten light it is noticeable.

Overall I'm happy with it. The GPB armor is way more fun than I thought it would be. I originally intended to display him in fighter mode but now I think I need second 1J. Who doesn't want their 1J? :p(seriously) I do wish that it also came with white side covers for non GPB batriod mode.

Edited by Gwynne