Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

Can anyone explain to me why the goggles are grey and not the same color as the armor? I've been watching SDF episode 9 and the screengrab from DYRL and I can't find one instance where the goggle is a different color from the armor...

Yesss, grey goggles!!

Grey! Love it! ;)

But... Why do I get the feeling that we're going to have a pinkish shade of white with this one? Ala-Roy's VF-1S. :(

I'd forgotten about that. :( I was really surprised at how noticeable the pinkish was on the Arcadia VF-1S when compared side-by-side to my Yamato TV VF-1S. I'm planning to display this VF-1J next to my Roy TV, so I really hope the pink isn't there this time around.

Got mine too. Got an option of EMS for 4140 jpy or SAL Parcel at 3965 JPY. EMS no brainer right? Also, what are the experience with Ami Ami? First time buying form them.

I've personally only ever had good experiences (fast shipping, reasonable communication) but I try not to use them often because I've heard they offer no help if you get something broken or damaged.

The initial pictures look good (thanks, joppewo). With Arcadia's 1S releases, it was obvious from the start that something was off with the white plastic. I'm looking forward to more pictures (and to seeing my own in person).

missing the tampo near the cockpit :( guess i'll transfer the head over to my yamato 1j instead

Which release was that? Except for the brownies, I thought all TV releases were light on tampo printing.

Edited by technoblue

The initial pictures look good (thanks, joppewo). With Arcadia's 1S releases, it was obvious from the start that something was off with the white plastic. I'm looking forward to more pictures (and to seeing my own in person).

Which release was that? Except for the brownies, I thought all TV releases were light on tampo printing.

Oh you're right technoblue, I had missed the link to the full set of pictures; the white does look pretty good!

As for the TV release tampos, my Roy TV at least has all the tampos that my Yamato VF-1S Hikaru does, including the red ejection warning triangle by the cockpit. Bit disappointing that Arcadia seems to have completely given up on tampo-ing that detail.

Grey goggles? Arcadia, why you gotta NOT mess up that detail? ;)

Love how the box has white goggles though. Gives us a little reason to nitpick. Anyway that little bit of grey made my day and I requested hlj ship EMS with my other stuff. Should have it by mid week.

Oh you're right technoblue, I had missed the link to the full set of pictures; the white does look pretty good!

As for the TV release tampos, my Roy TV at least has all the tampos that my Yamato VF-1S Hikaru does, including the red ejection warning triangle by the cockpit. Bit disappointing that Arcadia seems to have completely given up on tampo-ing that detail.

Oops. You're right about Roy's 1S. The tampo printing was consistent for both the DYRL and Macross TV releases until Arcadia dropped the ejection warning triangle for its initial release. I was thinking about Yamato's TV VF-1J and VF-1A. IIRC, the cannon fodder types had the most tampo printing in that line.

This makes me happy.

Now I have to wonder if people buying it based on the art will be angry about the grey goggles thinking that they were getting white goggles.

Dang it, I was expecting the white goggle!....not! haha Time to pay my pre-order or else ami ami put me on the ban list.

Edited by dapro

Glad to finally see the Grey Goggles posted!! That was a close one! My NY order is in preparation but living now in Japan, shipping should be rather quick!!! woooot!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Mr K wasnt lying ;)

i'm so happy, anubis20 your tweet and response from Mr.K was the sole reason i double dipped :lol:

now the white visors should become rare.

Hey that's awesome. Glad people are getting Grey Gogs.

PROBLEM:

is it missing the Yellow crotch tampo from the Yamato?

I don't see it in the box photo or in the clam case there....

0yx9L1ml.jpg

ePEOJNr.jpg

Hey that's awesome. Glad people are getting Grey Gogs.

PROBLEM:

is it missing the Yellow crotch tampo from the Yamato?

I don't see it in the box photo or in the clam case there....

0yx9L1ml.jpg

ePEOJNr.jpg

You can see it in the photos in the link joppewo posted. Actually, you can see on the very same photo you posted, though it is easy to miss.

post-430-0-74775400-1433043830_thumb.jpg

post-430-0-43144800-1433043837_thumb.jpg

Edited by eriku

Oh, there was a Valkyrie?

I did a double take bruh!! lol

Hopefully the "1" and the yellow crotch tampos are included as decals. (just read the post above) ooops!!!

i'm more concerned about the pink shade of white on the Valk itself, but it might be a form of camera fliter used to take the picture.

what do you think Saburo?? you are are expert with toy photography...... Im sure its possible right? Please say yes!! lol lol

Edited by erikos0311