Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

Just put in my order with HLJ B))

...they better not release a grey goggles version down the road! :angry:

Edit: They probably will!

Edited by xrentonx

I ended up avoiding the old Yamato grey goggle release due to the fact I found the web exclusive one with launch effects, and that the VF-1J that was packed in apparently had some yellowing out of the box. I was going to go back and get the standalone "grey goggle" VF-1J but I was not sure if it was affected by the pre yellowed parts and it sold out before I had a chance to get one.

Edited by Loop

I don't think 'pre-yellowing" is the right way to put it. They took old stock VF-1J Hikaru toys and put a brand new head on them. The new head was cast slightly whiter than the previous head. I don't think it was a case of yellowing but more like if you go to the paint store and get two cans of the same paint, they're not always 100% the same.

I don't think 'pre-yellowing" is the right way to put it. They took old stock VF-1J Hikaru toys and put a brand new head on them. The new head was cast slightly whiter than the previous head. I don't think it was a case of yellowing but more like if you go to the paint store and get two cans of the same paint, they're not always 100% the same.

....weren't there shoulder issues aswell with that release?

Yep, because they were reusing the first VF-1J Hikaru toys which had the problem.

thanks to your reviews i ended up getting the "good" (aka safe) release of that years back. its one of my favorite pieces (and yes it has grey goggles for those that are curious still), so much so that i have this one (identical except the lack of grey goggles apparently) on order. i'm actually thinking of putting the armor on a vf-1s as for some reason i remember seeing that combination as a kid. the other option would be to comission it to have it painted as an urban camo version (always like that 1/48) or some other deco.

"Look class, this is how you milk a mold . . ."

I wish Arcadia would have the good sense to release the armor parts ONLY already painted either grey or the blue that they are AND ALSO as like a "no-paint" edition so you could custom paint them any color you wanted. I know I would buy at least 4 sets. I think they would sell well.

Edited by derex3592

The one thing that I love about the 1/48 armor is at least we got 3 color options instead of just the canon blue set. I still have all 3 of mine on display to this day even though they look a bit bulky.

I would be down for a few armor kits. Not that I have the skills, but I would love to have them for commission work.

The one thing that I love about the 1/48 armor is at least we got 3 color options instead of just the canon blue set. I still have all 3 of mine on display to this day even though they look a bit bulky.

I would be down for a few armor kits. Not that I have the skills, but I would love to have them for commission work.

You get paid to build model kits??? I'm starting to really get the urge to switch careers...

Now seeing the price of this one, I don't know what to do with my extra VF-1J. I don't want to add this to my PO's since I also PO'ed Orguss. Hehehe. :lol: I'll probably wait if Arcadia will release a GBP separate release. If not, I can live without it. ^_^

With the Yen as cheap as it is... why the hell not? :p

So, those who are playing the waiting game to pay for the preorder, have you guys paid yet?

I'm no expert in forex forecast, but seems like its on the uptrend/plateau now. Is it safe to pay now or expect it to be weaker in the days to come?

So, those who are playing the waiting game to pay for the preorder, have you guys paid yet?

I'm no expert in forex forecast, but seems like its on the uptrend/plateau now. Is it safe to pay now or expect it to be weaker in the days to come?

This made me search a little bit. It seems like Japan is actually trying to stabilize the yen value to its current value now. The stronger yen before somehow affected their export business before.

Anyway, most of us are no analyst so I will pay if there are any signs of increase :p

Would love to buy this but short on money for now. What are the chances there will still be some after the preorder period?

Hikaru is major character so I hope these will still be available to us folk who have to save up still.

edit:

Oh yeah and does this transform into all 3 modes? Just kidding :p

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

It would be good if they did a SDFM side story movie showing those guys fighting in GBP all the time against regults and glaug.

it would be a docu-drama of "the untold heroes of space war 1" who died fighting the losing battle before the laser bombardment of earth and their last minutes of life before the great destruction. (kinda like the characters in Halo Reach) It would be told from the last surviving cannon fodder dressed up in a GBP who was safe because he was late to battle due to technical problems with his valk which delayed him. He'd be like kakizaki in reverse. He would be always getting into trouble but lucky to get into minor trouble because it would prevent his death if he was standing in the wrong place at the wrong time if he'd be like the average cannon fodder pilot and march to his death. And he'd be the only cannon fodder you'd see in a macross anime that never gets killed because he is too crazy to die. Unlike Dyson he wouldn't survive based on skill but only on luck. And yes his fave colour was brown. Nobody respected him but he would live to tell the tale of the other stupid guys who thought they were going to kick alien butt, but who were ordered to go into losing fights by their superiors that didn't care about their men because they didn't have fancy red stripes or skulls on their cockpit heat shields.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I ended up pre-ordering two of the GBP set so I can have an extra VF-1J displayed bare and I'll use the armor parts on a TV VF-1A which I think will look super cool! B))

...I'm getting a mass movie VF-1A soon, thinking about doing the same!