Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

Guest davidwhangchoi

I myself don't need grey goggles. I just don't care that much. Surely at some point GBP armor was issued to non-grey Valks, and that's enough for me.

yeah im not so fussed either.. ^_^ either color is nice! And im just thankful it's being re-issued and the pre-orders have been opened! :D The wait till almost mid next year does kinda suck a fat one though.. <_<

i guess, it's better than not having a release.

but i feel sorry for those who want the canon look.

robotech_ep9_vf1ja_space.png?w=500&h=379robotech_ep9_vf1ja1.png?w=500&h=377

dyrl_vf1ja_857.png?w=500&h=273dyrl_vf1ja_857_missiles.png?w=500&h=272

seems like arcadia is just saving money for the reprints of old stuff... less tampo, no more dyrl off white. (everything is tv white) no grey goggles.

i guess it's better than nothing.

hope hikaru and the gbp armor white is not arcadia white (pink.)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

That's a damn good price, very surprising! Unfortunately I traded off my last two VF-1s over the last few months in favor of more MonsterArts, so I no longer want this guy, he looks good though, I would've traded or sold off the armor anyway, not a fan.

i guess, it's better than not having a release.

but i feel sorry for those who want the canon look.

robotech_ep9_vf1ja_space.png?w=500&h=379robotech_ep9_vf1ja1.png?w=500&h=377

dyrl_vf1ja_857.png?w=500&h=273dyrl_vf1ja_857_missiles.png?w=500&h=272

seems like arcadia is just saving money for the reprints of old stuff... less tampo, no more dyrl off white. (everything is tv white) no grey goggles.

i guess it's better than nothing.

hope hikaru and the gbp armor white is not arcadia white (pink.)

it often feels like a bottomless pit of desperation in the hope someone releases something no matter if its 100% accurate or not.. if I certainly feel this way about it then im sure many others do to.. -_-

but im sure as hell glad its coming! :p:D

Is this "Arcadia pink" something that can only be seen with the naked eye?..or can someone throw some pics up?

I dunno, I own 2 Arcadia valks and I think it's really just nitpicking. Yes they are white, yes it is very white, especially next to a DYRL Yamato Valkyrie, but it's not pink. I've heard it can be seen in very specific lighting conditions, but I've never noticed it.

So did Arcadia mess up or are they throwing in an extra head? ;)

1393641_854356704607148_7339932753392927

Interesting point that! Shows both goggle colors in the picture! It would be cool if they released it with an optional color goggle head..

I was just watching that particular episode and after Hikaru jettisons the armor parts the color of the goggle switches between white and gray several times within the space of a few minutes! hehe! :p

Gotta love choppy animation! :lol:​

Guest davidwhangchoi

I don't know why people call it Arcadia Pink. You can see it on the Yammie 30th Anni VF-1J tv hik too.

i haven't opened my hikaru 1j with option parts but on the grey goggle version i have, which has the non tinted canopy and 1/48 style crotch, holding it up to the light as well as with my tv roy. i saw no pink or it wasn't as sensitive as arcadia's roy. maybe the 30th hikaru is different and using the same parts as the assembly kits which were super pink.

all i know is my DYRL off grey white, there is no pink period.

the arcadia gbp armor the shoulder missile lids looked a bit pink, but i hope it was just a bad photo shoot. whatever the case it's a great price for the combo with the current yen rate.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I dunno, I own 2 Arcadia valks and I think it's really just nitpicking. Yes they are white, yes it is very white, especially next to a DYRL Yamato Valkyrie, but it's not pink. I've heard it can be seen in very specific lighting conditions, but I've never noticed it.

...Cool , thanx Brand-X!!!

there were no picture of stand in hobbysearch, amiami and other site

the description also includes

Macross stand for attachment (hobbysearch)

Macross Stand attachment (amiami)

so I think it is safe to assume that it is only the stand attachment.

..Yeah I think I just felt reality set in....no stand OR option parts would make sense with the price it's going for..must be a hlj.com description error....and it seems obvious the extra head/ grey goggles is a printing mistake on the box art.

Edited by troyness

Are you guys using translation app to talk with Mr. K?

...If anyone would be so kind as to ask him....here's something that won't get lost in translation : STAND?( with a picture of this product)

...cheers!

I'm not an expert, but color cast in photography is a known issue that usually can be resolved in post processing. Sometimes it's as easy as setting the correct white balance. Other times neutralizing a color tint is more involved.

Here is my infamous Yamato VF-1S vs Arcadia VF-1S comparison pic:

post-5492-0-54860800-1390358607_thumb.png
I took the above photo before I started post processing my digital images. Notice that my smartphone (an iphone 4 at the time) shows a visible red color cast. It's almost as if the lighting is too hot. I was scratching my head for the longest time over this. Was it user error? Was the paint reflecting something in the light that I was using? Anyway, a lot of these questions are off topic and better left to a photography discussion...

Here is the same image with adjustments to neutralize the color red:

post-5492-0-93603000-1419437188_thumb.png

This subtle change makes the image cooler and the color cast less obvious. If I worked more with the levels I could probably neutralize the red/pink cast so that it is only visible to the most eagle-eyed forum members. In any event, the adjusted picture is giving a better indication of what I was seeing behind the lens.

When comparing Yamato's TV white to Arcadia's white, I cannot discern a difference. For the 1J, I would be very surprised if there are issues with the paint.

Edited by technoblue