I don't mind the DC movies to much because I didn't read their books growing up. However, I read the hell out of X-Anything and I just want to pull my hair out. When it comes to the continuity of a movie in relation to the original material, I think I could live with it if Hollywood stuck to 70% of the source material. Unfortunately they only do 30% and come up with the worst crap to fill in the rest.

If movies used 70% of what's actually in comic books they'd be so incomprehensibly stupid and confused that nobody would watch them.

BTG,

that isn't incorrect,

Tim Drake is currently red robin. He is also the defacto leader of the the Teen Titans. In that same issue, or the one afterwards, Damien goes on to challenge the previous Robins. Namely Tim since they were fighting back and forth in that same issue you highlighted.

Not all of the books with the New 52 got a fresh relauch. The green lantern Books and Most of the Batman titles continuity before Flashpoint was perserved.

But what about the three way lesbian wedding between Knockout, Scandal Savage, and Liana the stripper?

• 1 year later...

LOL, do bad mouthed bikers look like that today? Damn, that metrosexual emo thing is invading every corner!

If they wanted to make the character more serious, the “unused” designs looked a lot better.

BTW, I've got a question on reading materials.

I just started reading Power Girl volume 2, and I really like it so far. Anyone know of other books worth reading featuring her?

currently she shares a book with huntress called world's finest huntress and power girl. You may want to look into some of the jsa trades.

currently she shares a book with huntress called world's finest huntress and power girl. You may want to look into some of the jsa trades.

I know that JSA classified had a run with the same artist and writer so I'm wanting to take a look at that. I think I should stop by my local comic book shop and see what they have in stock.

• 10 months later...

This should bring out the best of MW's entitled indignation :)

Marvel Comics Announces Female Thor

http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-comics-female-thor/

Female-Thor-header.jpg

Gotta say, the character design is pretty damned awesome. Now I can't honestly say I'm ready to get onboard just because of a gender swap, but I will say Marvel has enough of my attention so far that I'm willing to read more about the book to then decide if the story is any good. The concept is at least different and unexpected.

This doesn't affect me one way or the other. Though I've always been curious why people feel the need to just take an existing character and Swap their gender. Maybe they have a good idea? I don't know. I do know they already have a huge stable of established ladies who could use their own fleshing out... or just more of in some cases. The Valkyrie look is cool.

Or maybe I just want another Dazzler comic, her time is ripe again what with EDM and all... :rolleyes:

Edited by Mommar

Gotta say, the character design is pretty damned awesome. Now I can't honestly say I'm ready to get onboard just because of a gender swap, but I will say Marvel has enough of my attention so far that I'm willing to read more about the book to then decide if the story is any good. The concept is at least different and unexpected.

Heh. The gender swap trope is older than William Shatner. I'll wait for the actual story too. Ironically, I thought Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow already did a good job of introducing a young female replacement for Thor.

This should bring out the best of MW's entitled indignation :)

Marvel Comics Announces Female Thor

http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-comics-female-thor/

Female-Thor-header.jpg

My first guess is that the new Thor is actually Angela, who was recently brought over from Image/Spawn to Marvel comics - who is/was revealed to be Thor and Loki's sister (gotta love how convoluted comics get);

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_%28comics%29

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52437

If nothing else this gives me a reason to show up in a comic book store and buy a 1st issue of something.

-b.

My first guess is that the new Thor is actually Angela, who was recently brought over from Image/Spawn to Marvel comics - who is/was revealed to be Thor and Loki's sister (gotta love how convoluted comics get);

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_%28comics%29

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52437

If nothing else this gives me a reason to show up in a comic book store and buy a 1st issue of something.

-b.

That ould probably be it.

It's kinda been done before. In the old Earth X dystopian future series Loki tricked Odin into turning Thor's body female. Not the same thing like the news article says where a 100% woman is more worthy to hold the hammer bur still, not the first time the wielder of the hammer has had boobs.

The Angela thing makes me soooo not interested anymore... lol.

It's kinda been done before. In the old Earth X dystopian future series Loki tricked Odin into turning Thor's body female. Not the same thing like the news article says where a 100% woman is more worthy to hold the hammer bur still, not the first time the wielder of the hammer has had boobs.

Oh that's right. Funny I was just looking thru Earth X a while back and it still didn't cross my mind.

So how long till Thor goes back to being a guy? What? Look at that Superior Spiderman-title's shelf-life. Ok, when is the next Thor-film due out?

Well yeah, anyone reading comics long enough knows how publishers do this type of stuff in a very cyclical nature. And now that there are Movie and Television considerations there may be a change back to a dude before too long.

Although, Marvel may have the stones to keep this going. It will all depend on sales of the comic.

Never read Earth X but Loki sure does pull off some funny stuff.

The Angela thing makes me soooo not interested anymore... lol.

Oh that's right. Funny I was just looking thru Earth X a while back and it still didn't cross my mind.

Hey, I think it might be cool if it was her!

That said, I was kinda hyped to go and get the Age of Ultron book and all of the variant covers where they introduced Angela into the Marvel U, but then I realized there were Valks to buy...

i didn't know there was a comic thread.

Archie's dead:

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/07/15/us-books-archie-idINKBN0FK2LX20140715

LOL, well now you know buddy!

Saw that on Yahoo! News the other day, apparently Archie will still be around in the syndicated (or whatever) comic strips.

-b.

Well yeah, anyone reading comics long enough knows how publishers do this type of stuff in a very cyclical nature. And now that there are Movie and Television considerations there may be a change back to a dude before too long.[/font]

Although, Marvel may have the stones to keep this going. It will all depend on sales of the comic.

If sales are good, they won't kill her off when Thor goes back to being a guy when the next movie comes out.

It's not that I mind the idea of females taking over for male heroes. I mean, the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel is simply the best Captain Marvel. If a female super soldier wants to step in for Steve Rogers as Captain America, or Pepper Pots starts wearing the Iron Man armor, sure, go right ahead.

The thing with Thor, though, is that Thor isn't really a super hero persona or a title, he's a guy. Son of Odin, prince of Asgard, and all that. I mean, you want to make Spider-Man a woman, ok, but you want to make Peter Parker a woman, that's just messed up. Marvel's official line is that Thor, for whatever reason, isn't worthy to wield Mjolnir, so this girl (who is worthy, I suppose) picks up the hammer and becomes Thor... not lady Thor, not She-Thor, but the one and only Thor. Which doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean, did not-worthy Thor stop existing or something?

It's not that I mind the idea of females taking over for male heroes. I mean, the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel is simply the best Captain Marvel. If a female super soldier wants to step in for Steve Rogers as Captain America, or Pepper Pots starts wearing the Iron Man armor, sure, go right ahead.

The thing with Thor, though, is that Thor isn't really a super hero persona or a title, he's a guy. Son of Odin, prince of Asgard, and all that. I mean, you want to make Spider-Man a woman, ok, but you want to make Peter Parker a woman, that's just messed up. Marvel's official line is that Thor, for whatever reason, isn't worthy to wield Mjolnir, so this girl (who is worthy, I suppose) picks up the hammer and becomes Thor... not lady Thor, not She-Thor, but the one and only Thor. Which doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean, did not-worthy Thor stop existing or something?

Re: Pepper P. and Iron Man, they've done that. She was known as Rescue or something or another. While she didn't supplant Tony Stark she did rock the a set of armor for a bit.

Re: the rationale behind the "one-true" Thor, maybe they're approaching it as "Thor" is a title that goes along with God of Thunder or something. Who knows, guess one would have to wait for the comic to come out to get a clear understanding of what Marvel is doing with the character.

-b.

Re: Pepper P. and Iron Man, they've done that. She was known as Rescue or something or another. While she didn't supplant Tony Stark she did rock the a set of armor for a bit.

Yep. Spider-Man, Venom (until they canceled it), The Scarlet Spider (until the canceled it), Iron Man, and IDW's Transformers books are my staples.

Re: the rationale behind the "one-true" Thor, maybe they're approaching it as "Thor" is a title that goes along with God of Thunder or something. Who knows, guess one would have to wait for the comic to come out to get a clear understanding of what Marvel is doing with the character.

Yeah, they could do that. It just kind of flies in the face of what's been established in the last 20 years or so. Heck, even when he was Donald Blake, the impression I got was that that Blake was kind of an avatar who literally transformed into Thor. I'm not against the idea of a girl filling in the Donald Blake role, but when she turns into Thor I'd expect her to turn into a muscular blonde Norse dude.

Edited by mikeszekely

A female Thor is just as blasphemous as a female Commander Shepherd.

AGREE about Fem Shep - created a Female Shepard once in Mass Effect 2 and it was so traumatic that I erased the file after 5 minutes of actual play time.

Fem-shep > dude-shep by a huge margin. Just saying. :mellow:

No sir. No. No. No.

Yep. Spider-Man, Venom (until they canceled it), The Scarlet Spider (until the canceled it), Iron Man, and IDW's Transformers books are my staples.

Yeah, they could do that. It just kind of flies in the face of what's been established in the last 20 years or so. Heck, even when he was Donald Blake, the impression I got was that that Blake was kind of an avatar who literally transformed into Thor. I'm not against the idea of a girl filling in the Donald Blake role, but when she turns into Thor I'd expect her to turn into a muscular blonde Norse dude.

Truly, but comics have always had that certain "if it's convenient" for the story we want to tell then scratch the last bit of "definitive" this, that or the other about this character everyone knows inside and out.

And hopefully there is no human that transformers into Thor angle, I never liked that. Let Thor/Fem-Thor be an Asgardian with a hammer.

-b.