Kingsman: The Secret Service is an upcoming British spy film directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class), based on the comic book series The Secret Service by Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons. The film stars the following:

• Colin Firth (Prince Albert in The King's Speech, Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones's Diary) as Harry Hart a.k.a. Galahad
  • Samuel L. Jackson (Robber in Coming to America, Robby Jackson in Patriot Games) as Richmond Valentine
  • Michael Caine (Get Carter, Harry Palmer in The IPCRESS File) as Chester King a.k.a. Arthur
  • Taron Egerton as Gary "Eggsy" Unwin
  • Mark Strong (Sinestro in Green Lantern, Frank in Kick-Ass) as Merlin
  • Sofia Boutella (famous hip-hop dancer) as Gazelle
  • Sophie Cookson as Roxy
  • Samantha Womack as Michelle Unwin
  • Hanna Alström as Princess Tilde of Sweden
  • Bjørn Floberg as the Swedish Prime Minister
  • Mark Hamill (Sean in Wiazrds, Cocknocker in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back) as Prof. James Arnold
  • Jack Davenport (Norrington in Pirates of the Caribbean) as Lancelot

The film hits theaters on February 12, 2015.

Official Site
Kingsman: The Secret Service @ IMDb Edited by areaseven

Is this like that Ender's Game and Harry Potter movies (I didn't see them either) where they get cast of very famous and old actors over 50 to play second fiddle to a bunch of 14 years olds? I so bleeping hate these movies where kids have all the power and adults are either all surrogate mother/father figures or stupid villains. Growing up I knew us kids were physical weak and stupid. When I watched movies and tv show about heroes I looked to adults as inspiration.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw some extended clips at Comic-con that were fun. I hated the Pierce Brosnan 007 movies for being goofy while attempting a serious vibe and this movie seems like it's trying to be a lot like those but with an understanding that it is a little goofy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw a commercial for it yesterday.

Rated R?

Is this rating to hurt the movie? It looks like another dumb teenagers save the day movie for teenagers to watch. Is this rating going to hinder the target audience from seeing it?

I saw it today and I was positively surprised. It pretty much does to the spy movie genre what Kickass did to the super hero genre.

Which is what, exactly? Outside of the fetishization of a little girl cursing and murdering people?

Saw it today. Honestly, I didn't find the young lead all that charismatic, but Colin Firth owned his role as a Bond-ish sort. I liked Sam Jackson's bad guy from Unbreakable more than the character he plays here, but he was ok. His henchwoman was far more interesting when doing her thing. Overall, I thought it was a cool movie, with just enough self-knowing cheek, a multi-digit death toll, and some cool spy movie clichés to make it fun and enjoyable.

I liked it a lot. There's some real good demented humor(in a good way not gross out) in it.

I liked the line about how one of the kingsmen preferred the older spy movies to today all dark and serious ones, and how it really was the villian that made the film.

Did Princess Tilde really promise to give up the back door if ecksy saved the world?

Also exploding head fireworks!!!

I saw it today after work, I really liked it. I thought it was a fun modern day homage to classic spy films, and an all around well done action film, with surprisingly sleek and intense fight choreography, the R rating ensured there was a healthy dose of violence, including a ridiculous scene in a church. I'll be adding it to my Bluray collection as soon as it comes out, I may even go see it again sometime while it's still in theaters.

Question:

Merlin set off the neck microchips to explode, killing everyone who had one implanted. Why didn't Gazelle explode, as she was identified as having a neck implant earlier on?

I'm assuming you're refering to the scene where Valentine unveils the free internet plan and pause the tape. I'm pretty sure that wasn't Gazelle, that was the other woman working for him. The one that was carrying the church pamplet, and checked eggsy invite when he landed at the hideout.

I'm assuming you're refering to the scene where Valentine unveils the free internet plan and pause the tape. I'm pretty sure that wasn't Gazelle, that was the other woman working for him. The one that was carrying the church pamphlet, and checked eggsy invite when he landed at the hideout.

Guess I'll need to watch it again.