VF-1SR conversion kit options

Kurosawa

66 members have voted

1. 1. What base should I use for the VF-1SR?

• Hasegawa 1/72
    • Bandai 1/72
    • Yamato 1/48
    • Yamato/Arcadia 1/60

Hello everyone, new member here looking for a little feedback.

I am considering doing a build up for a VF-1SR battroid mode, and possibly doing a small run of cast resin kits, using one one of the following as a base:

Hasegawa VF-1 battroid

Yamato 1/48

yamato/arcadia 1/60 VF-1

Bandai 1/72 VF-1

the kit will include the VF-1SR head, as well as the fast packs.

that being said, which would you reccomend I make the conversion kit for?

I plan on doing these as color cast kits so only minor detail work will be needed.

Though I am also considering doing a run of fully finished/painted kits.

And I'm still in....and probably opt for the fully finished set if offered...thanks!

BTW...for me...the more toy-like it would look the better....don't care for all the panel lining and weathering....would want my set to look like I just unboxed it straight from Arcadia and ready to install onto a 1/60 v2 VF-1J Hikaru-type...

Edited by jvmacross

I've been wanting to make a VF-1SR conversion kit for years now. But I wouldn't mind at all if someone beat me to it!

I'd recommend doing it for the 1/60s also. Partly because the Yamato unassembled kits are perfect for job. White plastic, no stripping necessary, and they come with all the red stripe decals you'll need.

Ad if you're going to make them for a toy, you might as well make them transformable! There's not much to making the booster go from fighter to battroid mode.

Looks like its decided. Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 it is. Thanks for the help guys/gals. Here is the plan this far for the color breakdown:

Head: white with clear green visor

Gunpod: gray

Fast packs: Gray for the main portion & dark gray/black for the thrusters

Edited by Kurosawa

Wow, I just saw this thread/poll and it's already decided; which sucks cause I would have been all in for a 1/48 finished set...oh well.

I have a spare 1/48 Valk, so at the very least, I will be doing a head and gun pod, but probably not the fast packs.

1/48! Rules!!!!

Ok, ok ok.

Not mad, but not this s**t here too! Enough of this "Piojo dude" and mexican arse vocabulary. I love Macross and don't want this bulls**t to be related in any way whit it.

Sorry for being out of topic, but no just NO!

Edited by Froy

Looks like its decided. Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 it is. Thanks for the help guys/gals. Here is the plan this far for the color breakdown:

Head: white with clear green visor

Gunpod: gray

Fast packs: Gray for the main portion & dark gray/black for the thrusters

Hope this leads to more projects! All in 1/60 of course! ^_^

Some suggestions for future "add-on" style projects.....

VEFR-1

vefr-1-battroid.gif

SDP-1

sdp-1-stampede-fighter.gif

APS-11 Armor

vf-11c-protectarmor.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, just checking in. This project is still a go. I am working on it in my spare time between commissioned projects (ah, the life of an independent artist). I start work on the gun pod soon, that way I can offer head/gunpod kits for those who only want those parts.