Robotech Academy - You want a new Robotech series...?

Prediction: Original series crap murky mono from the ADV release + crap redone SFX from Robotech Remastered release + Robotech Remastered crap Ops & Ends, for the ultimate "Do Not Want" box set.

The ultimate "do not need" box set for practically everybody anyway... almost every Robotech fan already owns two or three different releases of the series, usually one pre-remaster and at least one post-remaster, and most aren't all that interested in the originals, since being interested in the originals makes you an evil baby-eating Macross purist troll as far as the most vocal fans are concerned.

Tommy dropped the back to the future 2 name and Sentinels events would be visited in academy. If ks fails not all is not doomed but they went big to bring the actors in and use them for a full day rather than an hour and paying them for a full day because they're union.

Ouch, Tommy Yune just blatently invalidated what Kevin McKeever wrote on RT.com just five days ago.

This is an all-or-nothing campaign, if we don't reach our target, all the funds will be returned and Robotech Academy will not be made.

Either this is a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, or Team Robotech is already losing faith. Any way you cut it, this is not a healthy looking Kickstarter.

jenius, thanks for those updates!

Ugh. No more DVDs, please.

The HD releases of Macross and Mospeada are already available in Japan. HG should know better than this. Low resolution video and audio in 2014 is inexcusable.

Totally off topic, but has there been an HD blu-ray release of SDFM with English subs? I've completely lost track of what's been released and which includes subs or dubs or anything.

Totally off topic, but has there been an HD blu-ray release of SDFM with English subs? I've completely lost track of what's been released and which includes subs or dubs or anything.

Not legally. There is a Blu Ray set in Japan but no subs.

I would buy a new Robotech set if I could get the 1985 broadcast version soundtrack with the cleaned up version video. That would get me to buy another set. I hate the remastered Sound.

My guess is that since the sets for Macross,Southern Cross and Mospeada are long out of print this is another way to sell those shows and the legacy Robotech at the same time. Not that the market is flooded or anything....

Looks like the Academy is going to fail though at this point.

UPDATE #24: DR EMIL LANG TALKS ABOUT ROBOTECH ACADEMY, PLUS SDCC NEWS, or, How we steal R-Type ship and no one Notice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZgkEo_flcw

R-types

http://shmuplations.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/R_Type_Final_by_sachsen.jpg

R"obotech"-Type XD

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/002/336/620/f370a48da6e7b4670cfc214097869b23_large.jpg?1406307339

Edited by Old_Nash

Right. I would love to hear the original 1985 broadcast soundtrack in an updated lossless format. That's the kind of audio upgrade that would persuade me to buy Robotech again. Without it, I'll kept the old blue, red, and gold DVD box sets that I've had forever. I don't know if the original broadcast soundtrack is still available to remaster again. I hope so.

But what would really push me over the edge is getting both a lossless mono soundtrack and the HD visuals.

Today, only two 'Macross in HD' titles include subtitles as an extra:

• The Macross Plus Blu-ray release
  • The re-release of the Macross Frontier movies on Blu

It says on the update that the panel was packed!

:lol:

This just in... invisible, incorporeal beings turned out in record numbers for the SDCC Robotech panel! Backing for their Robotech Academy project climbed to... wait... whaddya mean they've had less than a grand in pledges the day after such a world shattering multimedia event? What do you mean they've only had five new pledges today?

Edited by Seto Kaiba

How is a voice actor that's already been active on the selling of the KS funding reading lines news? Apparently that was their big reveal on Thursday. If I was those guys I'd lock that Ceasar dude in his hopefully free hotel room and make him design a new valk... errr.... veritech to be revealed on Saturday. All three forms! That's news! Giving the guy some cliche lines to be read in front of some toys in the HG offices? That's just made up on the spot. It'd be better if they didn't run the video and tell everyone it's actual ADR to be laid on the actual animation. The one that they're going to do anyway, whether or not the Kickstater is successful.

One way to kill a project on a Kickstarter, is to say that if the project fails, the show may still go on. IF that is indeed the case WHY THE F!@#$%$%^ WOULD YOU BOTHER TO FUND IT? I'm sure Frank thought "why spend my money when the fans can do it for me" but if it may still go on, fans should ask "Why spend my money when HG can do it for me." See how that works?

People should really stop worrying... It's gonna happen anyway...

can someone that paid to comment put that on their KS comments section? "Don't worry guys... Tommy said at the SDCC panel that it's going to happen whether or not this gets funded!"

Of course on the KS updates it's totally opposite of what they said at the panel...

This is an all-or-nothing campaign, if we don't reach our target, all the funds will be returned and Robotech Academy will not be produced. We don't want that to happen.

So they are releasing the orginal macross/SC/Mospeada with this new robotech boxset? Hopefully the subtitles will work for the Southern Cross set this time.

My Southern Cross DVD works fine. Now they did have a problem with Disc 4 or 5 and you could email ADV and they shipped you a fixed one.

How's this, everyone here pitch in $1.00 to the campaign then maybe they will shut up about "robotech haters"

At least we can say we backed them.

Won't work. They'll still piss and moan about the evil "Macross purists", simply because it's easier than admitting to themselves that they've wasted thirty-odd years hoping for a clueless but (originally) well-meaning company (Harmony Gold) to produce the impossible sequel of their dreams... something that is all about the Macross characters, doing Macross-y things, but without the word Macross in the title. They're still going to blame us for the bad press the project has gotten, the various reviewers over on YouTube who encouraged people to boycott the Kickstarter, and all the acrimony on the comments page.

This late in the game, and with the Kickstarter's chances of success being virtually zero, it'd be no different from taunting them about the project's impending failure.

How's this, everyone here pitch in $1.00 to the campaign then maybe they will shut up about "robotech haters"

Still wouldn't buy that for a dollar.

So if the KS fails, they still have plans for Academy? HEY EVERYONE! They don't need the Kickstarter! You don't need to donate anymore money! Tommy said they can still go on! THEY DON'T NEED YOU TO PAY FOR IT!

It says on the update that the panel was packed!

:lol:

They probably meant the Sharknado screening was packed and full of fans, apparently since no one could hear what they were saying thanks to Sharknado.

I think you guys maybe misconstruing what they meant about not hittingthe target. They said they would keep trying to do the show. the ks would be refunded and there is no guarantee they would find other funding, but they would try.

Of course on the KS updates it's totally opposite of what they said at the panel...

But people don't pay until the project is 100% funded. So they're saying they owe money? :lol:

I think you guys maybe misconstruing what they meant about not hittingthe target. They said they would keep trying to do the show. the ks would be refunded and there is no guarantee they would find other funding, but they would try.

We know. We're just having fun at their expense.

Prediction: Original series crap murky mono from the ADV release + crap redone SFX from Robotech Remastered release + Robotech Remastered crap Ops & Ends, for the ultimate "Do Not Want" box set.

In other words, my Animeigo set is not going anywhere. (holding it close to my chest: presssciioouuussss)

But yeah, nothing that they announced at SDCC makes me want to donate. They didn't push anything about this pilot/series that would make me curious enough to give them money for it.

It's not hard to misconstrue when they're saying 2 things at different times. From the update, it seems like it's pretty clear... "All or nothing" "will not be produced"...

I wasn't there at the panel but if you can either give us direct quotes or elaborate on exactly what they said that would agree with those quotes above and tie cohesively with the fact that they said they'll still try to get it going if it fails... maybe I'll be able to understand it.

simply because it's easier than admitting to themselves that they've wasted thirty-odd years hoping for a clueless but (originally) well-meaning company (Harmony Gold) to produce the impossible sequel of their dreams... something that is all about the Macross characters, doing Macross-y things, but without the word Macross in the title.

Actually, what I'm wanting is the Sentinels series which is more the Macross characters dealing with the Invid and Robotech Masters on Tirol while using New Generation mecha.

At this point, really, I'm more likely to become rich enough to buy Harmony Gold and pay for that series to be produced myself than to see HG produce it.

Actually, what I'm wanting is the Sentinels series which is more the Macross characters dealing with the Invid and Robotech Masters on Tirol while using New Generation mecha.

So... you want exactly what I just described in the post you quoted? The sequel Harmony Gold can never make... in which they've got the Macross characters as the focus of the story, out in space doing Macross-y things like establishing colonies and teaching new aliens about humanity's culture, just without the word "Macross" in the title. Sentinels is what a lot of Robotech fans want, for reasons that are fairly obvious... it's basically Carl Macek's Macross-MOSPEADA crossover fic, and it's far more Macross than it is MOSPEADA.

At this point, really, I'm more likely to become rich enough to buy Harmony Gold and pay for that series to be produced myself than to see HG produce it.

There are so many problems with the very idea of producing it that you're pretty much hosed even if you DO become rich enough to independently finance a new animated series.

I wonder if the guy who paid the 10,000 pledge isn't actually a troll who will withdraw the last minute.

Because if it is not, I really don't get how can some Robotech fans have all this faith in Harmony Gold, can't they just think a little and realize what made Robotech good (for them, not for me as I saw Macross PT-BR dub on TV with original songs in JP) was the original shows. Harmony Gold has no talent or whatsoever to make anything by their own.

Also 500,000 to make a 24 minute shitty quality pilot. While studio trigger asked 150,000 to do a top tier quality animation.

This is a little off topic but I was curious, if for some reason Big West tried to bring Macross content to the US, could Harmony Gold sue them?

I guess they could, as they own the trademark of the word "Macross".

But what if BW renamed the show as Macbeth Frontier?

SDF-2, what's that?

-b.

Maybe it is an imaginary ship Robotech fans pretend to see up to this days.

Guest davidwhangchoi

SDF-2, what's that?

-b.

it's suppose to be where rick and lisa ditch minmay and go "To the Stars" i think robotech did like a flashback of it in 2012.

i hope the academy answers all these mysteries.. looking forward to it.

it's suppose to be where rick and lisa ditch minmay and go "To the Stars" i think robotech did like a flashback of it in 2012.

i hope the academy answers all these mysteries.. looking forward to it.

Can't. Tell. If. Serious.

^Look, a VF-25/29/30!!!! When do the Toynami pre-orders start? F5 all night for this one.

-b.

10583988_1516906881875089_26977376066011

I lol'd... these idiots can't even keep their own continuity straight.

Robotech's VF-X-7 is the original designation of the frigging "Beta fighter"... but the best part is even that shabby crap didn't get the attention of the Robotech fans on the Kickstarter.