Arcadia 1/60 YF-19 Macross Frontier Super Parts WF Exclusive By T-Rex

EXO

Cool! Hope you can do something like Mommar's suggestions on the shoulder missle pod that swivels like the VF-25's. Mommar, from what I understand on your suggestion is that the missle pod somehow needs an 'arm' to swivel and rotate, correct? And not just like the pods created by T-Rex, right?

post-5552-0-01795700-1407095202_thumb.jpgpost-5552-0-89746500-1407095208_thumb.jpg

Anyways, looking forward to this. ;)

Cool! Hope you can do something like Mommar's suggestions on the shoulder missle pod that swivels like the VF-25's. Mommar, from what I understand on your suggestion is that the missle pod somehow needs an 'arm' to swivel and rotate, correct? And not just like the pods created by T-Rex, right?

attachicon.gif14792682994_ff42493a0f_k.jpgattachicon.gifvf-25f-super-battroid.jpg

Anyways, looking forward to this. ;)

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. Since the additional pods appear to be taken from a 25 anyway it would make sense, especially given how the shoulders function on the 19, that there would be a small arm on them just like on the 25 for ease of mobility during transformation. Simply rotating the missile pods seems cumbersome on the 19 IMO.

That would be cool to see. ;)

The only concern that I see somehow is that the missle pod on the 19 is kinda thinner than the ones from 25. It might kinda, or a little, or somehow, look awkward just in case if that swivel, right? Anyways, let me check later all the photos of the T-Rex pods and see if we add that swivel arm if it's going to look awkward or not. But let me say that I like your suggestions better than the ones from T-Rex. :lol:

The most difficult part would be color matching the parts to the valkyrie.

Unless it's just the connector bit - but that'd mean gluing directly onto the wings, which I'd rather avoid.

But then I look back to that image of the custom 1/72 VF-25S with the extra gunpods and missile/bomb payload and I go hrrrrrrng.

My only issue with connection points is with their now being three. Yamato, Bandai, and Arcadia. Arcadia's 19' equipment won't tightly attach to VF-1's.

Maybe it's just mine, but If I throw on the missiles and stuff, they fall off super easy, of course they also do that on the 19' lol.

The most difficult part would be color matching the parts to the valkyrie.

Unless it's just the connector bit - but that'd mean gluing directly onto the wings, which I'd rather avoid.

But then I look back to that image of the custom 1/72 VF-25S with the extra gunpods and missile/bomb payload and I go hrrrrrrng.

Ah, so you DO understand where I'm coming from! :)

How about a two-part bit, where the first, smaller bit is indeed glued (and somewhat inconspicuous) and the second, larger bit can securely attach to the first, and that second bit holds the ordnance?

As for the ordnance itself, it figures it's all different. I wonder which set is the most prevalent or easiest to get.

Looks like nobody bought it so it got relisted. True. Didn't expect it either that it will shoot up to that price. Y120,000 for a Buy Out price? It's way cheaper to customize a V1 or a V2/Renewal VF-25F Super Packs. :wacko:

Someone asking about more frontier like shoulder missle pods?

These look nice. More pics would be great. Every mode, parts by themselves, etc. Don't feel like your pics aren't good enough. We want to oogle.

Nice. Now it's confirmed that it has that hinge thing like the Frontier Super Packs. But now looking at it, it made my theory right. That it may look like awkward to do like this since its missle pod is thinner than the regular ones. :rolleyes:

So just giving my thoughts so far, I still consider myself a noob at modeling so bare with me. Its pretty simple to assemble but you need to cut away extra plastic bits to fit together nicely. They are not heavy like some people said they were. The color [grey] doesn't match perfectly to the original 19 FP, so i'm debating on painting them. The small vernier nozzles are not on a ball joint like Bandai's and have to be glued in place. The big thrusters are on a ball joint and can move like bandai's.

The only thing they really should of included are dowels, you need 6 of them and very small ones at that, you need them for the shoulder pods without them you cant build them. I was lucky enough to find small nails and cut them to fit. It will take some time but I will be updating more pictures.

YF19FP

Saw your giant SDF-1 lurking in the background :wub:

yes thanks for reminding me i will post pictures of that too, but I hope people don't criticize my lack of skill. Edited by Murphy