Arcadia 1/60 YF-19 Macross Frontier Super Parts WF Exclusive By T-Rex

EXO

Yeah...as much as I want my Bandai packs to look good with my 19, I'm liking the TREX solution much better so far. It's too bad they are resin and difficult to get. I'd buy em in a heartbeat if they were plastic and mass produced.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I tried...

I took the first train in, to get in line as early as possible (short of waiting overnight). When I got in, I went straight for that table.

I thought there was hope when there was almost no one in front of the table. But alas, they were all gone...

But it was still a great show!

T-REX YF-19 Isamu parts......final auction value : 66,000 JPY.....Rinkya buyer total 715 USD before international shippng... ^_^

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/187180305

I hope this seller was from T-REX and not a scalper, seems unfair that just a day after WF some scalper is getting 6 times of what it's worth.

I hope this seller was from T-REX and not a scalper, seems unfair that just a day after WF some scalper is getting 6 times of what it's worth.

If it was T-Rex then it'd be extra dubious because they only have the license to sell 20x2 at the show. It's not really unfair seeing how it would cost someone how much to go to Japan just to get it. Over priced? Not if it sells. Greedy? Yeah. Unfair? Not the word I would use... lol.

Did you read Valkyrie's story? Very few people were at the table but they were sold out. That pretty much rang "scalpers" in my mind.

If they were all sold out, I wouldn't expect anyone to be around.

There were only a few made afterall, so if someone was able to get one then sell it online good luck to them.

Gives the rest of us who weren't able to go a chance to buy them. If someone was willing to pay $700 then it was a great move by the seller.

Sorry but five second cameo Isamu ain't worth seven hundred dollah.

To me either... but it was worth it to someone.

I hope these people know that there's 2 of these shows a year.

Or to me either, but even with an extra show is there a realistic expectation that any after-market/auction pricing will do down (not asking in a sarcastic tone)?

-b.

Down from $600 is realistic. The starting point of that auction is probably what you can expect and the more they produce for each WF the less it'll be in demand. It all depends on how long they keep producing it. But the more successful these things are you can bet they'll make other things that you're gonna want. It's an endless circle that orbits your wallet like the black hole it is... :D

So I attended the show and talked the Rep at the T-Rex booth. I showed up at the open of the event and went straight for the booth. I will upload pictures later and honestly these parts were awesome (I even asked if there was a way to buy the display models). Anyway come to find out the going price was 13000 Yen ~$130 per set, which in my opinion was not that bad. Yet through our discussion I come to find out that they only made 40 sets! The license agreement they had were only for 20 units. They ended up making 20 in a blue/grey and 20 in a brown/tan color like the YF-19 gun pod in order to squeeze out more units legally with the one day license they had.

Long story short the rep says they would love to make and sell more and that they do read the macrossworld forums; yet due to the BIG WEST and some other convoluted licensing issues and manucturing/distrobution (Ban Dai came up in the discussion) and some other business/legal talk, they can only make 20 per year. They talked about maybe next year making another 20, but that is it. So if the 4 units they had on display counted as part of the 40 they made, only 36 people in the world got these, and they were gone in under 10 minutes! Like I said I will upload pictures later, but these truely were amazing.

So I attended the show and talked the Rep at the T-Rex booth. I showed up at the open of the event and went straight for the booth. I will upload pictures later and honestly these parts were awesome (I even asked if there was a way to buy the display models). Anyway come to find out the going price was 13000 Yen ~$130 per set, which in my opinion was not that bad. Yet through our discussion I come to find out that they only made 40 sets! The license agreement they had were only for 20 units. They ended up making 20 in a blue/grey and 20 in a brown/tan color like the YF-19 gun pod in order to squeeze out more units legally with the one day license they had.

Long story short the rep says they would love to make and sell more and that they do read the macrossworld forums; yet due to the BIG WEST and some other convoluted licensing issues and manucturing/distrobution (Ban Dai came up in the discussion) and some other business/legal talk, they can only make 20 per year. They talked about maybe next year making another 20, but that is it. So if the 4 units they had on display counted as part of the 40 they made, only 36 people in the world got these, and they were gone in under 10 minutes! Like I said I will upload pictures later, but these truely were amazing.

Very interesting insight/back-story, and I'm very much looking forward to your pictures.

Still, it sucks that 99.999999999999999999% of us will never get these.

Oh, and hi T-REX!

-b.

Long story short the rep says they would love to make and sell more and that they do read the macrossworld forums;

They do? 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1!

They do? 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1! 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1!

Hahah...VF-1 Rocket Sled! VF-1 Rocket Sled! VF-1 Rocket Sled! VF-1 Rocket Sled!