Arcadia 1/60 YF-19 Macross Frontier Super Parts WF Exclusive By T-Rex

EXO

post-1819-0-97618300-1404178855_thumb.jpg

oh no the design retconning on the book that was overseen by some jerk named Kawamori

Valkyries with underwing missiles? perish the thought

And shame on a company for trying to make their third (fifth really) take on a design be different than the last ones.

They shouldn't try to entice buyers with new features ever.

People spent a decade begging Yamato for YF-19 FAST Packs. Arcadia decides to give everyone the complete package upfront and you're complaining? Give me a break.

As I said in a previous post, some think it's cool to whine and cry about releases. Whine and cry whey they aren't released, then whine and cry when they are. Just gotta shake your head and move on from that trap. Back on subject, finger's crossed, money in hand.

well, hopefully Arcadia will pull a Yamato-Toys and license the T-Rex addons and include it (along with the fold-dildo and fixed fastpacks) in a separate add-on pack in six months to a year.

Or better yet, include all of that in their own YF-19 v2 with redesigned ankles...

:bump:

:touche:

Guest davidwhangchoi

i wanted the arm cannon and pin point barrier system.

when it's released i'm going to complain if it can't be stored in fighter and the pin point drains my batteries too fast. and arcadia should've used red leds instead of green to match the paint scheme.

i'm just happy the fastpacks are coming out and i hope the tolerances of the ankles for future releases are tighter(as that is Mr. K's aim in his tweet) or redesigned.

i hope there is someone going that will offer to help to pick these up ... (i better slow down and find out the cost)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'm interested in being a buyer, but would like a firm price before making any commitments.

Me too (or me "nine-hundred-and-ninety-nine" in line)

The fp's are simple, yet they amplify the badassery of the battroid mode. Me likey.

Edited : I really like the shoulder armor looks in battroid, but not too sure about the boosters. Maybe some MW member can make a shapeway parts for the shoulder armor? I'll get 2 for my 19's

Edited by aaajin

This is really just T-Rex capitalizing on easter eggs they put in the design of the toy anyways. Arcadia is much more restricted to what they can put on the toy by the license holders so it makes sense that what is essentially a Frontier add on is being sold as an extra kit for a Plus toy.

Pretty much spot-on.

Anyone wondering why Arcadia isn't releasing this obviously isnt listening to the SpeakerPODcast! lol

SAVE visited the Arcadia office late last year and confirmed this very issue - the 19 as it appears in Mac F is an entirely different license. One that they don't have. And one that Bandai wont relinquish anytime soon.

http://www.macrossworld.com/5904/macross-speakerpodcast-ep-11-the-hyogo-hammer-part-1/

Love this but owning one is a pipe dream for me (pretty much). I hope they release a ton more "non-cannon" accessories. People who be cryin' can stay cryin' :D

has a WF item ever became a mass-production item before due to high-demand? (with real license acquired after the event)

seeing how the 19's were selling well, maybe there is a chance this can go mass pro?

Well, that is as long as bandai is willing to sell their partial rights (if that even exists)

Yes, the T-Rex VF-1 option parts began their lives as WF exclusives IIRC.

The problem with this, as others have pointed out, is that Arcadia won't be picking these up because Arcadia won't be getting the Frontier license. Bandai also won't pick this up because they go to an Arcadia toy. So, this looks to be a WF only item. Doesn't mean it won't show up at lots of WFs though.

Aren't WF licenses for like 20 items or less? I don't think a group buy is likely.

I think it's 20 for each event and unique item... so 2 colors might be a way to get 2 licenses for one event. If it doesn't sell out then they'll have to buy the license again for the next WF to sell the remainder. If it does sell out then there's a good chance of them getting the license again and making more. All depending on how quick it goes. Sometimes an item at WF sells out before everyone even gets thru the door.

The question is... which crazy completist is going to buy one of each color?

So far Macross products that will probably be at WF2014 Summer...

YF-19 Frontier FPs

Mini SDF-1

Tenjin Shoulder pads

Metal Boy SD Regult

??? Basara guitar???

Yes, the T-Rex VF-1 option parts began their lives as WF exclusives IIRC.

The problem with this, as others have pointed out, is that Arcadia won't be picking these up because Arcadia won't be getting the Frontier license. Bandai also won't pick this up because they go to an Arcadia toy. So, this looks to be a WF only item. Doesn't mean it won't show up at lots of WFs though.

drats. shapeway parts anyone? at least for the shoulder armors...

well, hopefully Arcadia will pull a Yamato-Toys and license the T-Rex addons and include it (along with the fold-dildo and fixed fastpacks) in a separate add-on pack in six months to a year.

Or better yet, include all of that in their own YF-19 v2 with redesigned ankles...

Wouldn't that make it V2.5 or something?

Those of you who have contacted me, sorry I'll be at SDCC this year and won't be back in Tokyo till the day after WF. I can probably point those who are interested to somebody that can help; but be prepared to pay through the nose.

Also I recently saw that T-Rex's Kamjin and Zent Soldier kits have been recast and sold on ebay as somebody else's limited customs, so I may also stop providing WF kit assistance in the future.

Edited by Save

Those of you who have contacted me, sorry I'll be at SDCC this year and I won't back in Tokyo till the day after WF. I can probably point those who are interested to somebody that can help; but be prepared to pay through the nose.

Also I recently saw that T-Rex's Kamjin and Zent Soldier kits have been recast and sold on ebay as somebody else's limited customs, so I may also stop providing WF kit assistance in the future.

:(

Guest davidwhangchoi

looks cool. i'd prob just keep it on fighter or in a box if i did get one. too scared to transform mine.

Fighter mode looks the best.

looks cool. i'd prob just keep it on fighter or in a box if i did get one. too scared to transform mine.

You can do the transformation, I was scared transforming my YF-19 for the first time. I just took my time and everything went well. :)

Edited by Saburo

Loving the Fighter mode with this add-on parts. And kinda weird looking to see the boosters pointing down in Battroid mode. But I love the shoulder missile pods in Battroid mode though. :D

I can't remember who posted a photo of the Arcadia YF-19 with the DX VF-25F Super Pack's boosters. But I was trying last night the same thing putting the boosters on my YF-19. Kinda worried on scratching the paint so I just extended the wings and let the booster rests on the metal hinges. :)

I think it looks cool in all three modes. I knew Gerwalk would be useless though, as it's practically as useless on the 25 with the boosters on. I still think they've implemented the shoulder packs wrong. I wonder what Battroid would look like with the wings folded down instead of up (probably like a Gundam, really.)

Actually, I'm not really sure why nobody has thought of this, but it would make sense to have those packs on a track that can slide out a bit from the wing root so the arms have more space. From a head-on perspective it would look goofy, but from any sort of dynamic pose you could probably get away with the packs adjusting themselves outward a bit just for play/poseability sake.

Edited by Mommar

I'm still curious if they designed them to overlap the wings without having to extend them or not. One of the early pics showed the wings not seated in the normal position with the trailing edge against the legs, but it's hard to tell if that's the case for all of the images.

As far as battroid goes.. well, having big directional boosters attached to the wing gloves that way would make them pretty useful for space combat. Structurally though, having those things hanging off of such a small pivot point rubs my brain all sorts of the wrong way. And that's entirely in-universe-wise. In terms of the actual figure, if those boosters are solid resin, I don't think the hinge pivots are going to be able to hold them at any high angle for very long before loosening up. It wouldn't matter in space (or on a stand), but standing up, the wings/boosters might drag on the ground.