10 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Good Smile is looking out for old school mecha fans.  I reckon I'll grab two of the Madox kits and the Zeorymer.

Was so hyped when i saw there was going to be a madox - anything! Would have liked a toy, but an official (cant remember if there were official merch's even back i the day..) plastic kit (as opposed to resin) would suffice, after what, decades(!?)

I do hope good smile goes all out and releases the Madox-00 and the tarantula tank too!!

pics from http://www.gearsonline.net/series/madox-01/

hammer-intro.jpg.1af6e3b534d9c391fd339143fdef50ba.jpgtarantula-intro.gif.fd5942d01d64cd194ecd9fc12bf3a406.gif

good smile really making me smile!

4 hours ago, Big s said:

The madox kit is the one I’m most excited about, but Robocop 2 Cain , the powerloader and the stuff shown for Patlabor are all must haves as well 

Yeah! a nice powerloader kit for all sorts of customisation possibilities!  and the labors too!

38 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

kinda reminds me of this anime, i don't know if it's any good though... looks like a high school romance thing.

Oh it’s the best anime in the high school romance category! If you ask me the dude shld have gone with the mature chick...Also comedy too...there is this chopstick scene..

The mecha is just a backstory. So-so. Not even a true robot. There is someone inside the ‘robot’...meh..

Edited by seti88

More photo's at taghobby:

https://www.taghobby.com/archives/594709

kh252.jpg.928fe6efaa44db82e9d9575399af2e84.jpg

hmmm...some v quick thoughts on the model...

1) thigh armor is supposed to face forward. Maybe on rotation joint and not rotated front enough.
2) head area surrounding visor looks a bit on the large side? Or is it not recessed/flat into the armor enough?
3) chest armor needs to be wider....

103109.jpg.cdfe84b7502e26b6bfb11ea61493e95e.jpgmadox01.jpg.5f76d5b5ae9676fddb4c325647bcd5fc.jpg

58d88b1d29440ab6cf7f9f38ce46dde8.jpg.c685a87738efee6d2d940f1a6c4e3341.jpg

Edited by seti88

No butt armor, but the rear thruster hangs low. The thigh armor should connect to the knee joint and has a very small connection at the top the lower torso that is supposed to carry the top heavy weight of this thing. I have a feeling that the kit will leave out that joint to keep things poseable. It’s a very unrealistic looking joint from all the pictures I’ve seen, but with a bit of anime magic works somehow.

• 1 month later...
Just now, Big s said:

I preordered it earlier. Yeah, that explains how he went to the bathroom after being trapped in there for almost a while day and only having junk food and soda

Bit bummed they didnt include chopsticks and instant noodles. congratz on ordering it.

I wanted to pre-order initially, but the proportions are just making me say hmmm....that being said, the rarity of this mecha ....:huh:

I think the proportions aren’t that bad especially with some of the scenes being a bit wonky. And you’re right about the rarity. I’ve only seen garage kits and a super expensive action figure that at the time I couldn’t afford 

11 minutes ago, Big s said:

I think the proportions aren’t that bad especially with some of the scenes being a bit wonky. And you’re right about the rarity. I’ve only seen garage kits and a super expensive action figure that at the time I couldn’t afford 

OK pre-ordered at CDJ! :rolleyes: :hi: https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-534149

Taking solace on the fact that i didnt spend a bomb on the older releases...which maybe better proportions perhaps but hard to find and is $$$

Edited by seti88

I was glad to FINALLY see an injection kit coming out for this!!! It's been how many decades? Cool stuff coming out this year!

The parts do look kinda rough, but like Big S said, they are 3D printed. At least we're looking at the print instead of 3D artwork guessing what the dimensions will look like.

By the way, no butt armor means you don't get swamp butt from sitting in it all day!😄 - MT

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, seti88 said:

Out in the wild!!

I got my notification over the weekend that it’s on the way. I don’t even have a space to work on it currently, but super excited that it’s heading here. I think they quoted me for Friday, but they’re sometimes early, so maybe tomorrow. Either way I’m really curious about the build and will probably thumb through those instructions several times

8 hours ago, electric indigo said:

So what's the appr. scale of that kit? 1/12?

I think it’s maybe around that. I don’t see a scale listing for the box, but I’m guessing from the size of the human upper leg that it’s close to 1/12. It’s too small for 1/6 and too big for 1/18. But I’m taking a guess from an unbuilt kit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 5:06 AM, Big s said:

I’m guessing from the size of the human upper leg that it’s close to 1/12. It’s too small for 1/6 and too big for 1/18.

Let me take the guesswork out of the equation, gentlemen:

It's not even remotely close to 1:12 scale. 🙄 

507729848_notone-twelfth.jpg.3ca7c9268c7af899a4190c8d3adb6ed5.jpg

In fact, it's not even big enough to display with 1:18 scale figures, as I'd hoped it would be... 😐 

1085346259_notquiteone-eighteenth.jpg.74cc2fb63ab5173c0e4a1a886f0ad95a.jpg

This animation reference drawing indicates a height of just over 2 meters, which means the Moderoid model (at 118mm) would be roughly 1:18th...

Oo75EKT.jpg

...but promotional images (and indeed much of the animation itself) suggests they'd decided to scale it up a little, which is why other online stats claim heights as tall as 2.4 meters.

1548827994_elementaryschoolgirls.jpg.3e5e63715beeab794ac1e56cc97fe0ca.jpg

These figures are about 1:20th, and I think that establishes the Moderoid at the same scale.

one-twentieth.jpg.6b412d6de67c052a0b09a6cbeae671ca.jpg

Opinions?

MADOX-01 cover.jpg

16 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

this is good kit?

It's a terrific little kit -- more accurate than previous model iterations -- and it includes a lot of additional parts for optional display, including open "wings," exposed verniers, and different arm and weapon combinations.  My only caveats are the legs (which only stay attached until you try and reposition them), and the generic pilot head (who is clearly not intended to be Koji). 🤨

1 hour ago, tekering said:

It's a terrific little kit -- more accurate than previous model iterations -- and it includes a lot of additional parts for optional display, including open "wings," exposed verniers, and different arm and weapon combinations.  My only caveats are the legs (which only stay attached until you try and reposition them), and the generic pilot head (who is clearly not intended to be Koji). 🤨

Thank you for your feedback

2 hours ago, tekering said:

Let me take the guesswork out of the equation, gentlemen:

I was pretty far off. Well at least I can put it next to the wave 1/20 star ship troopers power armor for an interesting display.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

the generic pilot head (who is clearly not intended to be Koji). 🤨

I’m kinda glad that it’s just the generic pilot, like the one from the first few minutes. But I think they should have included parts for the accidental pilot as well.

6 hours ago, tekering said:

Opinions?

That takani madox poster always sets my heart a flutter..😍

Due to the rarity of Madox releases, am just glad there is a kit/merch to represent!

Now what are the odds for a 00...

metal-skin-panic-madox-01-anime-clasico-23.jpg.61d8066fa13853685ce7c5a3945a24c4.jpgtumblr_msxnoySlHy1r1u7ano6_1280.jpg.f7f58d79db86593ccde2d88f9a4caf31.jpg

hmm rare 00 on ebay!  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255083647891🤪

cool page i Tumbled into...😄

tumblr_msxnoySlHy1r1u7ano5_1280.jpg.36f5a2f38f0db8d05fa52305a3d76fcc.jpg

Edited by seti88

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Now what are the odds for a 00...

It’s something that’s possible with moderoid. Look at all the Patlabor entries or Brain Powered or Obsolete or Escaflowne or even Robocop. They’ve been surprising me with the near completion to each of those lines of products. Who knows, there may even be a kit for that tank from the end of the ova