Anyone else seen the pilot for this one. Watched it last night and will keep watching, if I don't forget or have laundry to do...

Not terrible but not great.

Supposedly a follow up to the movie "Legion", but I have never seen that movie so can't compare - though I plan to put it on my Netflix queue. Basically God goes away and the Angels start a war on Earth, the show picks up 25 (?) years later.

I watched it. it was OK, but it really just made me want to watch Destiney Defiance. I've actually seen Legion, it's not a very good movie. The backstory overview from the show doesn't quite line up with the movie. also, the only real draw of the film is the main thing this show is lacking: Paul Bettany.

Yeah, watched this too. It seemed very, VERY derivative of just about everything. GoT with the political intrigue along with just about any post-apocalyptic TV show movie where a city-state has been established to protect the survivors.

And Legion was horrible, but I guess I appreciate that this is supposed to be a loosely (or maybe direct) based sequel.

I probably will not watch this going forward unless it gets some amazing word-of-mouth, or I'm bored to tears.

-b.

Having walked The Strip a couple of times, I'm trying to visualize it and wonder what the exact dimensions of Vega is supposed to be so far. From what I could tell from the first couple of episodes, the Welcome to LV sign and Luxor are on the outskirts just before a fortification a couple of blocks ahead. But one or two a blocks away is where Excalibur and Tropicana are supposed to be, so I guess they were torn down? However, they share an intersection with the MGM Grand, which is still standing and where an important political family lives. Am I missing anything?

So far though, the show really makes me want to go to Las Vegas again.

Edited by Einherjar

I've been meaning to check this show out for no other reason than being curious to see if SFX technology has progressed enough to allow for reasonably convincing "angel's wings" on-screen on human actors.

*thinks back to films like Barbarella and Flash Gordon, shudders*

I enjoy it for what it is: a cheap knock-off of GoT, Fallen Skies & Defiance/Stargate.

Still waiting for a synthesis of this concept+'Evangelion'+'Five Star Stories'...

Wherein, angels and demons are really power armours/mecha of more modest proportions and one's psychic/spiritual/life's walk can endear you towards being offered an opportunity to pilot one, in some transcendant celestial warfare for souls and life beyond this plane. Events that figure into rotations of the galactic arms, bringing Earth and other worlds into proximity to celestial realms every many thousands of years.
Grafting in a whole universe of lore encompassing Judeo-Christian, Zoroastrian, Buddhist and Sufi legend.

All this, at the risk of coming across as a Scientologist platform, LOL!