Preview of my latest recast project

Valkyrie

Just thought I'd give you all a little taste of what I'll have available in a week or so. I've been cleaning up and recasting a 1/144 Tect Full Armor VF-11C conversion kit (for the Bandai 1/144 VF-11C injection plastic kit). It's another of those projects I've been wanting to do for quite a while now. And it's a good thing I didn't do it sooner, because it wasn't nearly as simple as I anticipated!

Big thanks to Sully for loaning me the kit!!

Here's a couple quick pics of one of my VF-11 kits with the parts that I've recast so far slapped onto it. I built the stock kit a few weeks ago, and it's slowly been becoming a Full Armor. It's done quite well in keeping me motivated :)

post-3-1072329266_thumb.jpg

Whoa!  Was there ever an official release of the armored VF-11 on the 1/144 scale from Bandai?  I love those little guys! :lol:

Nope.

Looks good Valkyrie, any idea when you might begin offering them and for what kidn of price? I'm guess you'll be getting a bunch of orders for these. Keep up the good work and thanks for all these recasts! :)

Edited by yellowlightman

I counted up the parts, and I think there's 55 total. The same number of parts as the VF-4G, oddly enough. But I'm trying to keep it cheap. Right now it's looking like it'll be about $35 each.

By the way, the pics you might notice some big, nasty seam lines in the boosters. That's because the mold was semi-botched, so I'll be making a new one. No huge flaws like that will be going into any of my kits :)

And also, I've got a few more of the Tect kits lined up for recasting after this one. All of which will be much cheaper than this one :)

Hello,

Cool, looks good!

Did you ever finish the 1/72 DYRL launch arm project that you were working on for Blackaces?

Maybe I missed the thread about it.

I remember he obtained an original and then he gave it to someone to be casted and copies sold.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Yep, that would be me. I recasted all of the smaller pieces of the launch arm already, but the original arm itself was, frankly speaking, a piece of crap. I'm going to be building a new one from scratch. I tried scratch-building a new one once, and it didn't turn out all that great.

I still intend to finish the project sometime in the (hopefully) near future, but I'm not sure when that will be. I get sidetracked easily ^_^;;

And Noyhauser, if you mean to ask which kits I've already recast, those would be the Club-M 1/72 VF-4G and the Retpuu 1/100 VF-11MAXL fighter.

And Noyhauser, if you mean to ask which kits I've already recast, those would be the Club-M 1/72 VF-4G and the Retpuu 1/100 VF-11MAXL fighter.

Here is my finished picture of Valkyrie's VF-4 recast. Aside from my poor modeling skillz... the recast is very nice (so nice I bought two!). Valkyrie uses good resin with minimal problem areas. Even the vacuum-formed canopy was nice.

vf4_2.JPG

Looks nice Valk. I have some of the tect as well in case you want to add extras for recasting, the VF-11 rockets and gun pod and the gerwalk convertion, as well as the 1/72 club-M VF-11 and the retpuu battroid with all the extras. The Ebo 1/72 ghost ; the 1/72 Star wars Outrider.

I always thought making recast of the YF-19 gunpods and missiles was a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...